Rihannsu
# 31
08-30-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Captainrevo1, I agree with everything you said in your last few posts, but I still think it's unreasonable to be forced to pay an extra 2,000 Zen for a per-character unlock.

I would happily pay 2,000 Zen to be able to use my T2 Rhode Island as a T5.5 on all my characters but not for just one character. For a single character I don't believe it's worth more then 1 Module after I've already paid for the ship.
Yes and i would agree that it really should have been per account. that is where the value of the fleet ship falls down compared to a c-store ship. the lock box ships are exactly the same and have caused me a fair share of headaches myself.

for people who only ever have 1 or 2 characters it may not pose a problem, or to those who set up one character to own a certain type of ship each it may not either but for many it is a huge pain.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Career Officer
# 32
08-30-2012, 08:52 AM
I find it all rather insulting to be forced to pay 2000z on top of the zen we already paid for skins and lower tier ships, that apparently do not count for a discount!

Which is why I will only ever buy the upgraded cstore ships for 1 module and completely ignore the rest....

And as above, all fleet ships should be account wide and not per character. this only tells me to buy one ship on my main and only use cstore ships on my other toons!
Captain
# 33
08-30-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't like to ever say "never." At a certain point I'm probably going to want to unload some of my, currently, 16,000 Zen on something stupid. I might just buy 8-10 KDF ships, even though I only have 1 KDF character, or I might decide to buy a Fleetship - but for 4 Modules it will probably need to be the TOS Connie.
Career Officer
# 34 Nebula Glitch
11-07-2012, 11:09 PM
Where is this policy posted. I would like to review it and how it applies to the Nebula Class ship.
Captain
# 35
11-07-2012, 11:26 PM
Fleet modules are ripoff. As for nebula, you need to buy the T5 nebula in order to get discount for fleet nebula. But word of advice, the ship is not worth it. If you are after the layout, the tholian orb, time ships or the upcomming besta have superior statistics.
Commander
# 36
11-07-2012, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
Indeedy, no KDF discounts at all. Even if you own every single c-store ship (which I almost do).

It's the tax Klingons pay for being pure awesome.
Fixed it for ya
Captain
# 37
11-07-2012, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Fleet modules are ripoff. As for nebula, you need to buy the T5 nebula in order to get discount for fleet nebula. But word of advice, the ship is not worth it. If you are after the layout, the tholian orb, time ships or the upcomming besta have superior statistics.
that is only sort of true...yes the ones you named can be considered superior, but 2 of those ships are lockbox ships...many people may not have the luck/EC to get one.
and the Vesta has a complete different layout, and you can't identically copy the boff setup of the nebula on that ship.
i still consider the nebula one of the better sci ships in this game, but yeah through time better ships were released.

to be honest, fleet modules are a ripoff if you buy them in z-store. But you have the opportunity to buy them on the exchange, so that makes the fleet ships actually one of the cheapest to get. 20 million is actually a good deal for a 10 console ship with +10% hull/shield.

and before anyone says 20 million is a big deal...no it is not! without any kind of luck you can get fleet doff packs and sell those doffs for 50k to 120k each on the exchange.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 38
11-07-2012, 11:58 PM
Besta ->

Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Lieutenant Tactical, 1 Lieutenant Engineering, 1 Commander Science, 1 Ensign Universal, 1 Lieutenant Commander Universal

Using Universal lt.cmd for eng and ensing for science yields the same layout as nebula with universal set to eng.

Except noobula has semi useless special console, while besta will get something at least useful.

+ dual cannons, + hangar, + better turn rate, yes less hull and shields. But in the grand theme of things turn rate saves more hps and shields than the higher base stat.

And all that at the same cost as fleet nebula as ACCOUNT WIDE unlock.

T5 Noobula = 2000 ZEN + 500 ZEN for ripoff module = 2500 ZEN = Same as single BESTA

Sorry, Besta > Nebula.

Same cost, better ship.
Captain
# 39
11-08-2012, 12:44 AM
I don't honestly see what the big deal is over FSMs. They don't force you to buy fleet ships. You can easily do all end-game content with just regular Tier 5 freebies. Fleet ships are a commodity. You get them as more of a vanity item than anything else.

Quit complaining about the cost, as baudl said, 20 mil ecs? Please. You can get fleet ships on a silver acc. The same cannot be said of a lot of the other tier 5.5 ships. So just deal with it. In fact, most KDF fleet ships are well worth those 20 mil ecs. Take the Fleet Tor'Kaht. That thing is worth waaaay more than 20 mil ecs, and guess what, I got mine for 18.

So I don't want to hear any complaints about fleet ships being a ripoff. They aren't. They are vanity items you get if you want the little boosts. But as stated before, you can do all end-game content with freebie 9 console ships.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Captain
# 40
11-08-2012, 12:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
So I don't want to hear any complaints about fleet ships being a ripoff. They aren't. They are vanity items you get if you want the little boosts. But as stated before, you can do all end-game content with freebie 9 console ships.
Honestly. Noone cares what you DO NOT WANT. And certainly I do not care.

If ships costs same ZEN, they should have same benefit. If some ship has greater benefit, stats whatever, it should be more expensive or the previous version made cheaper. That's all.

Last edited by dalnar83; 11-08-2012 at 12:49 AM.