Career Officer
# 31
08-30-2012, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftona91 View Post
4. A much better community that doesn't use senseless Tribble or Gorn Jokes.
Does this mean my future Gorn captain in his orb weaver named "Gorn to be Wild" will be an embarrassment to the community? If so, I apologize in advance
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
The alarm and frantic "omg press everything" response when you decloak on somebody's 6. That, and they're just cooler, and the community seems to be better. More helpful, and Qo'Nos actually has good zone chat. Also, BoPs and K't'ingas.
Empire Veteran
# 33
08-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebeneezergoode View Post
The alarm and frantic "omg press everything" response when you decloak on somebody's 6.
This is exactly why we need an "Evil KDF chuckle" emote.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Commander
# 34
08-30-2012, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
Does this mean my future Gorn captain in his orb weaver named "Gorn to be Wild" will be an embarrassment to the community? If so, I apologize in advance
In that case, it wouldn't be that bad. I think
Commander
# 35
08-31-2012, 01:03 AM
1. Gorn.
2. KDF ships are actually capable of turning.
3. Dual cannons on a cruiser that actually turns worth a crap? Yes, more of that please.
4. Cooler community, for the most part, but I think that's mostly because of its small size.
5. Much more varied ship selection, not to mention some of the more interesting species in the game, to boot. I mean, KDF is like that singing furniture salesman a while back.

"We got lizardmen, we got turtleheads, we got kitty-cats, OH YEAH! Battlecruisers, flight decks, carriers, you need 'em, we got 'em, you can find 'em, at Qo'Nos. We talkin' bout the shipyard. First City! It's just like, it's just like a mini-mall! Oh yeah! Come pwn, with us, I said, shipyard, First City! It's just like, it's just like, a mini-mall!"

For those of you who haven't ever seen that video, I apologize. For those of you who have, and I just brought it back into memory, I also apologize, lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKK-WWwcQME
Empire Veteran
# 36
08-31-2012, 01:03 AM
I play the KDF for a number of factions:
  1. Their missions are better, a lot better
  2. Their culture, STO is more faithful to the Klingon culture than they are to the Federation.
  3. Orions, need I say more?
  4. Their ships, for reasons mentioned by others in this thread
  5. The players, much nicer and more mature

And most important of all, they are just a lot of fun. Doesn't it show that even with the lack of content we keep playing them? We have Federation only players play them and totally convert themselves. Think if we had the same amount of missions and stuff as the Federation, huge profit boom for PWE and more fun for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Commander
# 37
08-31-2012, 07:53 AM
Honestly, I got tired of the kindergarten chatter at ESD, and decided it was time to graduate.

Also, the KDF has a more challenging gameplay, as you don't get the easy access to the map with the Federation blocking the road. This is especially true when so much of the game and dev attention is given over to the Feds. Happen to like playing the side the Devs think can't be successful.

Finally, it's good to play the side that knows that sometimes, you just don't have time to talk nicely to people who want to kill you.
Empire Veteran
# 38
08-31-2012, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetonica View Post
You go Gorn!! Be Wild!!
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Survivor of Remus
# 39
08-31-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majesticmsfc View Post
I play the KDF for a number of factions:
  1. Their missions are better, a lot better
  2. Their culture, STO is more faithful to the Klingon culture than they are to the Federation.
  3. Orions, need I say more?
  4. Their ships, for reasons mentioned by others in this thread
  5. The players, much nicer and more mature
I agree with your reasons. There is one thing that got me wondering if PWE is not intentionally hurting the KDF. My son started playing my Fed char a week ago. I've been doing STF's with my KDF chars since the day they were introduced. I have yet to get a full suit of MkXII ground gear and I'm still missing the MkXII engine. Well guess what? In 6 days my son and his Fed char got the full MkXII ground set AND space set... I'm beginning to think that KDF players have a penalty to the roll on prototype gear.

Out of curiosity I logged on to one of my other Fed char (hadn't played him since 2010) and 3 days I had the full space set... in only 7 STF's!

My KDF chars have been doing STF's several times a day for a long time and not a single one of them has a full set. Why do I paly as KDF? Because we don't have it easy.
Rihannsu
# 40
08-31-2012, 10:05 AM
Why play as KDF?

Carriers, cool missions, we actually fight the war, BoP torp boats, Melee weapons from mission rewards, cool punk cats, And our Mark XII STF ground gear comes with a cloak, and shows a bit of cleavage (women only of course). Beat that.

Oh, and speaking about STF loot drops, I really do think that its the same luck for everyone, just that the RNG hates you sometimes, and loves you others. I was grinding out the ground Mark XII set slowly, since I was a bit burned out, managed to get the armor, but not the rest, then signed up for IGE and got the shield, so I though why not, signed up for CGE and got the gun. It seemed like a lot of people were getting the Mark XII stuff that night, maybe the RNG burped. I still kinda kick myself for not running my other characters through that night. Haven't seen a prototype set drop on any character since then.