Lt. Commander
# 11
08-28-2012, 04:35 AM
I think that the main problem isn't with multiple Doffs, but with the proc stacking.

It appears that once you activate BFI you have a window of opportunity during which all incoming damage will have a cance to trigger a proc. If you are under a lot of fire, the chances for a proc activation increase, and also the chance for multiple procs at the same time increases. Sometimes people get a stack of 6 or more BFI procs and this is practically equivalent to temporarily indestructable shields.

I think fixing the proc so that one have can at most one BFI proc active on oneself would be enough to significantly improve the situation. Whether limiting the number of Doffs one can equip is also needed is a different question, but I suggest removing the BFI proc stacking first and see how much it reduces the problem.
Lieutenant
# 12
08-28-2012, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naz4 View Post
Either limit the DOFF useage to 1 or drasticly scale the chance down for each DOFF.
Yes! I think the best option would be to limit the player to having one BFI doff.
That would allow for more variety of doffs to be used.
Cause right now, it seems the three BFIs are a must have, limiting diverse builds.
Empire Veteran
# 13
08-28-2012, 04:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakehilbert View Post
I think that the main problem isn't with multiple Doffs, but with the proc stacking.

It appears that once you activate BFI you have a window of opportunity during which all incoming damage will have a cance to trigger a proc. If you are under a lot of fire, the chances for a proc activation increase, and also the chance for multiple procs at the same time increases. Sometimes people get a stack of 6 or more BFI procs and this is practically equivalent to temporarily indestructable shields.

I think fixing the proc so that one have can at most one BFI proc active on oneself would be enough to significantly improve the situation. Whether limiting the number of Doffs one can equip is also needed is a different question, but I suggest removing the BFI proc stacking first and see how much it reduces the problem.
it always did seem to me that its not working as intended, the procing 10 times at once under heavy fire. im almost sure its effect is directly proportional to incoming fire.

but they wouldn't know it was doing this if they tested it against incoming npc fire. no, the best thing to test against would be a rapid firing single cannon excelsior or something similar.
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 14
08-28-2012, 05:21 AM
I can second (or third?) the suspicion that the BFI proc is probably an on-hit effect. It seldom ever seems to go off in PvE but in PvP it might as well be RSP 2.0: RSP Harder.
Empire Veteran
# 15
08-28-2012, 05:48 AM
I use it, and I need it in STFs. It is, somehow, helpful against isometric charge of AI neghvar ships.

Perhaps, Cryptic/PWE can make different profiles. Like if you are in pvp environment then abilities can be nerfed and in pve the abilities remains unchanged.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 16
08-28-2012, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
I use it, and I need it in STFs. It is, somehow, helpful against isometric charge of AI neghvar ships.

Perhaps, Cryptic/PWE can make different profiles. Like if you are in pvp environment then abilities can be nerfed and in pve the abilities remains unchanged.
Its OP in PvE as well... you are supposed to die now and then in PvE... wth is the point of playing a game that you never have a chance of loosing.

I will add my voice, the Shield distro is way OP. For ALL game modes. It needs to either only stack once.... however I seem to remember its first nerf the devs saying it was a pain to recode that... and more then likely anyone that has 3 slotted will get to keep them there... so I would vote for a flat 50-75% reduction in effective heal values. Its a bit crazy that it heals 10x stronger then most of the offensive minded doffs can put out... it makes this a only real serious choice kinda thing and needs changed.
Career Officer
# 17
08-28-2012, 06:46 AM
Where I do agree that the heal amount can be rediculous, the proc itself is actually quite fun because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Gives a bit of uncertainty in a match or in your healcycle which i find fun

OP... well Yeh the OPness depends on the amount of procs. Last few weeks though i had a feeling they procced less then usual for some reason, but thats probably just pure... luck lol

I still think RSP3+RSP2 is more problematic because it doesn't give all those inexperienced lolcruiserselftanks in the queues any idea on how to improve themselves, remove that crap ability or decrease its duration, and lets give those epic lolcruiser noobs a clear choice, either improve or DIE.

At least they dont queue up anymore and this will improve the PvP queues quite a bit.

Last edited by marctraiderz; 08-28-2012 at 06:49 AM.
Captain
# 18
08-28-2012, 07:13 AM
3 doffs is a steep investment, so I don't know that it's wildly OP for what you give up.

In practical applications it's OP. I'd like a 1-2 sec cd so you can't get procs in machine gun fashion. Give a moderate buff to the actual heal to go with it. I think this would also de-incentivise running 3 and we'd see more variation in builds.

The boring part is that you currently have to choose between greatly increased survivability and anything else.
Commander
# 19
08-28-2012, 07:33 AM
I think the best solution for the BFI Doff is to apply its chance to activate when brace for impact is activated. In this way, it will activate only once per use of Brace for impact and not multiple times. Of course, each DOFF coule theoretcially activate... so maybe three times max activation once brace for impact is used.

If this change is made, I?d propose a slightly higher heal because it would be needed more in PVE.
Captain
# 20
08-28-2012, 08:05 AM
but its my new rsp.

actually its better. if i go full aux that sucker procs everytime.....full shields and hardened hull.

to get that with rsp you need to throw in an aux2sif, or delta, or subspace field modulator.....

it will basically stunt all focus fire for about 10 secs right? to have this on an engineer, with rsp and miracle worker....damn thats some self yo yo healing that when you get it into a rotation.....is unbelievabley hard to bypass.

unless they are a nub.

have fun, stay alive, kill bad guys