Ensign
# 1 Disappointed due to bugs.
09-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Hello,

I started playing this game about 2-3 weeks ago. Initially I was a bit impressed.
Impressed enough to subscribe (that will learn me for making hasty decisions).

Recently, the truth started to come out. Several of my friends tried talking me into
buying this game on launch. They all quit within 2-3 months. I lasted 2 weeks.

My complaint...

BUGGED progression quests! And its been years since launch and this company still
has not got it together?

Now I gotta go cancel my subscription and uninstall STO (more time wasted).
Not to mention the $$$.

I wish the entire community my very best. But dont give this company any money.

IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

A deeply disappointed new (and soon to be former) customer.
Good luck gamers.
Screw you STO... I want a refund.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto

Last edited by kalecto; 09-24-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Career Officer
# 2
09-23-2012, 10:09 PM
So.... wait for it..... the guy that asks.... "can I have your stuff?"

Sorry... couldn't resist.

Yes we all understand your frustration and you are right, just some of us have a much higher threshold. In the Dev's defense the latest patch has caused a lot of new issues, and they will be sorted out.

We hope...
Click link at right and add your support!
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-23-2012, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgcbeaverco View Post
Hello,

I started playing this game about 2-3 weeks ago. Initially I was a bit impressed.
Impressed enough to subscribe (that will learn me for making hasty decisions).

Recently, the truth started to come out. Several of my friends tried talking me into
buying this game on launch. They all quit within 2-3 months. I lasted 2 weeks.

My complaint...

BUGGED progression quests! And its been years since launch and this company still
has not got it together?

Now I gotta go cancel my subscription and uninstall STO (more time wasted).
Not to mention the $$$.

I wish the entire community my very best. But dont give this company any money.

IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

A deeply disappointed new (and soon to be former) customer.
Good luck gamers.
Screw you STO... I want a refund.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~kalecto
And your sure its the game and not you?

I had several friends that I used to play with who have since quit, one of them accused the game of making his weapons not work and if he actually paid attention he would have noticed he was been debuffed with "weapons subsystem attack" I tried to tell him but he just didn't want to listen mainly cause another friend was telling him it was a bug when it wasn't, that person even tried to tell me sector space was open pvp area not to mention all the other bs he came out with.

Only mission that's bugged at the moment is one of the Klingon ones it was working last week but obviously the last patch changed something but no doubt they will fix it soon enough, thing is people actually have to report these issues for them to fix it and coming on here abusing them well they won't even read your post to begin with.

Last edited by kalecto; 09-24-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
09-23-2012, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariseabove View Post
Only mission that's bugged at the moment is one of the Klingon ones it was working last week but obviously the last patch changed something but no doubt they will fix it soon enough, thing is people actually have to report these issues for them to fix it and coming on here abusing them well they won't even read your post to begin with.
Actually the last patch has screwed up MANY MANY missions from mission story line to STFs.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-23-2012, 11:19 PM
I just have two things I'd like to say:

1. NB4TL.

2. I know you probably won't ever post on these forums again, but 'I quit' threads aren't allowed.

Empire Veteran
# 6
09-23-2012, 11:31 PM
yes, the last patch has broken many things.

I do believe that PWE try their base to avoid these stuff, but unfortunately it became a tradition. They fix something thing while end up breaking something else...and the cycle continues.
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Captain
# 7
09-24-2012, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by notapwefan View Post
yes, the last patch has broken many things.

I do believe that PWE try their base to avoid these stuff, but unfortunately it became a tradition. They fix something thing while end up breaking something else...and the cycle continues.
Things happen life isn't perfect. You work around it till it is fixed. Ok it might not get fixed as fast as we would like. But things do get fixed.
Live long and Prosper
Career Officer
# 8
09-24-2012, 04:34 AM
Sorry it hasnt been said yet... and it must..

Can I haz ur Stuffs now?
Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
http://massivechaos.enjin.com/
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-24-2012, 04:37 AM
I started this game when it already was F2P but...do not seem to share your feelings, in fact i luv the game!

Bought the CE and Digital Deluxe Editions recently and having a blast!
Community Moderator
# 10
09-24-2012, 05:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear that you're unfortunately disappointed with Star Trek Online; occasionally bugs due happen after a patch but are quickly squashed!

However "I quit" threads are not allowed, this thread is now closed.

I hope you stick around for updates and return sometime in the future!

Cheers,

kalecto
Twitter: @STO_Alecto | Voluntary Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums | Ferasan Shadow Force
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs.
Closed Thread