Community Moderator
# 11
08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
The only problem I have with it is how my ship gets rendered on my PC as it goes for the closeup and then warps out.

The perspective zooms in to the wrong point, and I end up only being able to see the underside of the right front quarter. That hasn't worked right for awhile now. I'd blame the tweaking they did with the camera, but I think my PC was doing that before.

(Zoom is definitely worse these days, though... sometimes I zone into sector space and my ship fills the screen. I zoom back out to my liking only to have it reset next time I zone. If it would just stay put I wouldn't care.)

Sometimes my impulse/warp trails are crooked as the ship zooms away.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Transwarp seems to all ways be broken, transwarp out in a system, you warp out and you see the warp flash anim too.
Career Officer
# 13
08-28-2012, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Well, it's so you won't fly into things.
Hey Bob, just wanted to say I really enjoy your videos!

But on topic, I hope warp outs are re-examined soon. Transwarp from sector works alright but from a system you get the dual warp effect as others have described. The turning on warp out is crazy too, sometimes you almost spin a whole 180 degrees. Finally, it seems like if you are flying anything bigger than an Akira, you can see your ship off in the distance after it has warped out.
Subspace Party Nullifier Enthusiast
Ensign
# 14
08-28-2012, 08:32 PM
I'm picturing a patch that is supposed to fix this. The direction of warp is straight out, only the ship model still does a 180 and it warps out in reverse.
Nyerti "Gadget" Val-Doran. Vice Admiral.
U.S.S Spellbound, Multi-Mission Strategic Explorer. NCC-92008.
Career Officer
# 15
08-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
D) breaks the whole effect of warping out as usually you warp through a planet/group of ships/star base!!!
I love that this is what it was meant to fix. Especially since this is something us players could fix ourselves with a tiny bit of observation.

I used to love lining it up just right so i'd warp through the holes in objects like donut shaped asteroids or right next to objects, made it look really cool.
Joined August 2008

Last edited by cormoran; 08-28-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Career Officer
# 16
08-28-2012, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyxadrill View Post
Devs,

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE (Did I say Please?) turn off that stupid "Swing round either 90 or 180 degrees to port OR starboard before warping out" effect!!!
It's not pointless at all. Do you know what it was like before they added this effect to the game? Previously, I can't tell you how many times I was warped straight through a planet, a moon, or a starbase. It still happens occasionally, but this effect seems to mitigate the worst of it.
Career Officer
# 17
08-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
It's not pointless at all. Do you know what it was like before they added this effect to the game? Previously, I can't tell you how many times I was warped straight through a planet, a moon, or a starbase. It still happens occasionally, but this effect seems to mitigate the worst of it.
Oh yes it is pointless as its NOT fixed the problem they were TRYING to fix!!!!
Try warping out at DS9. There you are with 5 or 6 other ships next to you, all neatly lined up for exit...."Helm exit the sector...yes sir...executing 90 turn to port and warping right through the other ships sir!!"

Or:

Any of maps on the Romulan episodes (I forget the sector). Every single patrol or mission ended with my ship doing a full stop and then a complete 180 to exit the way it came!!

Completely destroys any sense of immersion in the game.

I'd much rather pick my own exit direction instead of inadvertently warping through someones ready room....although the last one we shot through the captain had a very nice potted plant
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-29-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixonium View Post
Quite the opposite. It -is- pointless. In my case I keep crashing through things as often as before - in that accord nothing has changed, except for the worse.
Community Moderator
# 19
08-29-2012, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cormoran View Post
I love that this is what it was meant to fix. Especially since this is something us players could fix ourselves with a tiny bit of observation.

I used to love lining it up just right so i'd warp through the holes in objects like donut shaped asteroids or right next to objects, made it look really cool.
I (and other Foundry authors) used to rely on that behavior to increase immersion in our stories; by arranging objectives carefully, I'd ensure most players would be lined up with my wormhole object when they warped to the next map, making it look like you shot through the wormhole. Now, you can't even see the wormhole anymore, as you fly away from it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lieutenant
# 20
08-29-2012, 07:41 AM
funnier if you left a trail of wreckage behind you as you warp out with holes in the starbase or a expanding mushroom cloud on the planet you just slammed into