Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
# 11
08-28-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
They don't get a shield mod upgrade, but they do get a hull upgrade.

In the interest of balance (and variety), they aren't going to give the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit a universal BOFF slot when it already has a 5th tactical console, more hull, highest turn rate for a Fed ship, and can cloak.

As much as I love my Tactical Escort Retrofit, even I think that would be too much.
I both understand and appreciate the need for balance. I dont know that it would be a huge upgrade, it would however bring options. In terms of balance, the bug ship should be considered ( http://www.stowiki.org/Jem'Hadar_Attack_Ship). It has 5 tac slots as does the Fleet Defiant but also has more hull, shields, and 2 Lt. Universal BOff. It does not cloak though (which is of little to no use in PVE). I don't think a cross faction ship should outshine our own.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,545
# 12
08-28-2012, 12:44 PM
It also was a limited time only ship that came as part of a promotional bundle. So of course it would be so much better. Esp becuz of the LIMITED TIME OFFER part.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 59
# 13
08-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
It also was a limited time only ship that came as part of a promotional bundle. So of course it would be so much better. Esp becuz of the LIMITED TIME OFFER part.
True enough, but it still exists. And for 400 million EC you could own one as well (assuming you wanted to fly an enemy ship)!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 14
08-28-2012, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainf00k View Post
I both understand and appreciate the need for balance. I dont know that it would be a huge upgrade, it would however bring options. In terms of balance, the bug ship should be considered ( http://www.stowiki.org/Jem'Hadar_Attack_Ship). It has 5 tac slots as does the Fleet Defiant but also has more hull, shields, and 2 Lt. Universal BOff. It does not cloak though (which is of little to no use in PVE). I don't think a cross faction ship should outshine our own.
At the same time, no one Federation ship should outshine every other Federation ship.

What's the incentive to play with the other escorts when the Fleet Tactical Escort Retrofit would clearly be the best ship in the game?

Also, I use cloak in everything but Fleet missions. The +15% damage boost is great for alpha strikes in STFs. And, there's usually enough time for you to get out of red alert and recloak.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 15
08-28-2012, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainf00k View Post
True enough, but it still exists. And for 400 million EC you could own one as well (assuming you wanted to fly an enemy ship)!
The DS9 crew flew a captured Jem'Hadar ship.

It's not completely unheard of to use an enemy ship. They did it in Star Trek III and IV.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,545
# 16
08-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainf00k View Post
True enough, but it still exists. And for 400 million EC you could own one as well (assuming you wanted to fly an enemy ship)!
Yeah, sorry, not a gold member, I max out at 10 mil =P
But as far as I can tell, if it ever rolls around again, I am definitely grabbing one, because from what I have heard, seen, and looked at, that sucker is OP as balls. Compared to those little trash ones you fight as mobs, it's like a freakin Godzilla among lizards. Only this godzilla looks kind of like a beatle... o.O
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
# 17
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Don't forget, with all of those other ships, you can use the extra console slot for more ability-type consoles, like AMS, Subspace Jump, Vent Theta Radiation, etc.

Making the other ships a bit more flexible in however you want to build it.

With a 5th Tactical slot, you could put in a universal console, but at the cost of doing additional damage.
Logic isn't your forte, is it? You don't have to put those Consoles in the "new" slot, you can put them anywhere, the opportunity cost of adding them is the same in all cases.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,545
# 18
08-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Hey hey, back off on the flaming, he just may not have thought this one completely through.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,114
# 19
08-28-2012, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
Logic isn't your forte, is it? You don't have to put those Consoles in the "new" slot, you can put them anywhere, the opportunity cost of adding them is the same in all cases.
Cute.

If you didn't have room for that one extra P2W console that you wanted to have without compromising your defense or your other abilities, then the extra console slot will allow you to do so.

It's a bit different if it's a tactical console slot, as not having that 5th weapon boost will make your DPS weaker compared to other ships with the 5th weapon boosting console. There are no universal consoles that can boost your damage as high.

Last edited by shookyang; 08-28-2012 at 01:15 PM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,390
# 20
08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainf00k View Post
In terms of balance, the bug ship should be considered ( http://www.stowiki.org/Jem'Hadar_Attack_Ship). It has 5 tac slots as does the Fleet Defiant but also has more hull, shields, and 2 Lt. Universal BOff. It does not cloak though (which is of little to no use in PVE). I don't think a cross faction ship should outshine our own.
It's a lockbox ship, they break the normal rules.


The Defiant does not need a universal BOFF station so it can basically become a Fleet Escort with a better turn rate, 5 tac consoles and a cloaking device.


What the Fleet Defiant "needs" is the same thing the MVAE & HEC "need" - and that's more options for Tactical Ensign BOFF powers.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:49 PM.