Career Officer
# 41
08-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Duty Officers:[list][*]Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.
  • New rewards are as follows:
    • White: 1
    • Green: 10
    • Blue: 25
    • Purple: 50
  • Amount of Recruitment CXP has not been altered.
*clap clap clap*

fixing things that aren't broken again, hmm?

Player interest in DOff System -20%
Critical Disaster FAIL

and even your MATH is illogical

dismissing 1 Purple = 50 dil
downgrading 1 Purple to 3 Blue = 75 dil
downgrading 1 Purple to 3 Blue to 9 Green = 90 dil

changing the basics of the game MONTHS after it's release, not cool.
Commander
# 42
08-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by x3of9 View Post
Yet another example of Cryptic listening to community feedback.

Wait... I mean.

OMG!!! They did what we wanted them to do!!! HURRAY!!!!!!
Starfleet Veteran
# 43
08-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commodoreshrvk View Post
I agree it needed to happen, but honestly this is quite an over the top nerf for the problem. Not suprising though that such an aggresive nerf has been pushed now that Heretic is no longer there and Borticus is on vacation.

Honestly however, they took the easy road out. Rather than just fixing the issue by allowing Fleet DOFFs to slotted, they chose not to take the programing time to parse a difference between Fleet DOFFs and regular DOFFs.
LOL, you think they have done that, the ones left at Cryptic only know hawe to change the 75 to 1 (dil. for common doffs) not code that will work, so the program will know the difference between normal and fleet doffs. They have to make other changes to the game (break it) and then later fix it while we pay the price for it.

I love the game (Star trek) but this will be the olny game I will ever play by Cryptic.
I even think there is a great group of coders in cryptic that gets bonus $ for fixing buggs (they also work on the main coding).
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.

Last edited by bones1970; 08-29-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 44
08-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I still think some of you are overreacting

The Dilihilum rewards for dismissing Doff's was a bit overboard with the right steps (2000 Dil from 27 common doffs from converting a purple, which is normally 500)... and now, you're trashing it just because they made a legit fix to that small exploit.

And going so far as saying this will ruin the game, many will hate it, and want it changed back (which has been said to virtually every change by someone)... it's just sad.

In the end, it doesn't mean it SHOULD be changed back, despite what you may wish.

/rant
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 45
08-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post

The Dilihilum rewards for dismissing Doff's was a bit overboard with the right steps (2000 Dil from 27 common doffs from converting a purple, which is normally 500)... and now, you're trashing it just because they made a legit fix to that small exploit.

And going so far as saying this will ruin the game, many will hate it, and want it changed back (which has been said to virtually every change by someone)... it's just sad.

In the end, it doesn't mean it SHOULD be changed back, despite what you may wish.

/rant
No, I'll agree the exploit needed to be fixed.

But to nerf production by over 90% on Common DOFFs over one exploit? That's excessive.

It should be adjusted so the dismissal "refunds" or "rewards" are still decent but lower than before and works so that downgrading from any rarity level is break-even at best.

I just think lowering White-quality DOFFs to practically nothing is not the way to do it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 46
08-29-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I am just fine with the change. I wanted fleet doffs to be useful for projects again, and removing incentive to dismiss doffs mean more will be on the exchange, which will hopefully help kill some of the crazy inflation in doff prices.

But c'mon man. It seems like whenever anybody has a problem with a Cryptic decision, you think they are overreacting. People care more or less about certain things than you do. You not sharing their concern does not mean they are overreacting. And please, don't tell me PWE made them do it, unless you have some evidence to back that tired claim up.

Last edited by boglejam73; 08-29-2012 at 11:02 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 47
08-29-2012, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam73 View Post
I am just fine with the change. I wanted fleet doffs to be useful for projects again, and removing incentive to dismiss doffs mean more will be on the exchange, which will hopefully help kill some of the crazy inflation in doff prices.

But c'mon man. It seems like whenever anybody has a problem with a Cryptic decision, you think they are overreacting. People care more or less about certain things than you do. You not sharing there concern does not mean they are overreacting. And please, don't tell me PWE made them do it, unless you have some evidence to back that tired claim up.
To be fair, I did say some. And it's okay that you agree with the change.

But when I said overreacting, I was referring to the more vocal ones (which makes it hard to tell if they're justified in their annoyance, or doing it for no reason). I know people have their reasons, but seriously, the level of anger/hate/whatever the vocal ones express, they make it sound like it's much more terrible than it is...

And I can't stand that.

Which is ironic, I know, considering I frequent these forums, heh heh.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Career Officer
# 48
08-29-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Duty Officers:
  • Dilithium rewards granted for dismissing any Duty Officer have been reduced.
    • New rewards are as follows:
      • White: 1
      • Green: 10
      • Blue: 25
      • Purple: 50

Why are you nerfing the dismissal funds when dismissing DOFF?

Why?

I don't see there being anykind of exploit involved. People worked VERY HARD or paid a heavy price to get those DOFFs, they should get Dilithium for their time. Now you nerfed that supplemental income?

Purple DOFFs, really? So you afraid people spending millions of EC to get a tiny bit of Dilithum? Or buying 12000 Dilithium Purple DOFFs from the DOFF Vendor to turn in for 250 Dilithum? Or you nerfing it because people are dismissing their Colonial DOFFs for Dilithium? Why should it matter? It took people months to unlock them, and getting Critical Successes are a shot in the dark, so they aren't getting them every time.

And dismissing White DOFFs like Colonists exploiting, when the mission is basically like every other day and turning them in for ~300 Dilithium warrants nerfing? Yet Klingons get dozens types of missions where they can send prisoners and colonists in earning Dilithum?

If you're going to keep the current costs of Starbases and continue to lower our Daily earnable Dilithium..........well you keep your stupid starbases. Just less encouragement for me to do them.
Empire Veteran
# 49
08-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
Blah so the 1500 dilithium for dismissing prisoners will now be 20 dilithium because every time i do the prisoner exchange on Qo'Nos the mission fails so is why I always dismissed them for the dilithium...

I imagine you are doing this because of that but the fact is if the prisoner mission didnt fail almost every single time you do it people would have used it...

Get your act together Cryptic.
I did not think of that... I have like 200 of them stored in my mail :/

[EDIT] Lol what am I thinking? This is tribble patch notes, I'm totally dismissing all my prisoners before this patch comes to holo. Hahaha suckers.
I drink, I vote, and I PvP!
Starfleet Veteran
# 50
08-29-2012, 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblygumsworth View Post

[EDIT] Lol what am I thinking? This is tribble patch notes, I'm totally dismissing all my prisoners before this patch comes to holo. Hahaha suckers.
Thats what I said. If it aint purple or blue, its getting dismissed tonight! I got your DOFF grinder riiiggggghhhttttt here!

Last edited by boglejam73; 08-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.