Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Have triggers changed?
08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Hey there.

I'm relatively new to the Foundry, so if this is a silly question, please forgive me.

The Foundry tutorials on Starbase UGC were amazingly helpful, especially the ones on triggers.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/noo...torials-guide/

Tutorial 5 shows how objects can be made invisible when one out of a list of components are completed. I've done this successfully prior to season 6. Now I find that all conditions must be met before objects are to be made invisible.

Has anyone else found this to be happening to them? If so, is there a known workaround?

Thank you!!
Captain
# 2
08-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
Hey there.

I'm relatively new to the Foundry, so if this is a silly question, please forgive me.

The Foundry tutorials on Starbase UGC were amazingly helpful, especially the ones on triggers.

http://starbaseugc.com/index.php/noo...torials-guide/

Tutorial 5 shows how objects can be made invisible when one out of a list of components are completed. I've done this successfully prior to season 6. Now I find that all conditions must be met before objects are to be made invisible.

Has anyone else found this to be happening to them? If so, is there a known workaround?

Thank you!!
Let me re-watch part 5. Hmm... I haven't tested this in awhile, so the original tutorial may have just been exploiting a bug in the system or something. After all, the invis trigger was kind of an exception to the rule and intent of a complete all style of objective. What are your either or options? What specific triggers are you using here?

It may be working as intended now, meaning that now it actually works in specifying that the player has to do 3 things in order for the trigger to work.

Last edited by kirksplat; 08-28-2012 at 04:56 PM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Hey there.

I have an object that I want to appear when either one of two conditions are met. I have altered the invisible --> visible state to component complete. I set one condition then add another object and then set that one, too.

In the original tutorial it focuses on the object turning visible --> invisible. Just in case the tutorial was meant only for the visible --> invisible change instead of the invisible --> invisible change I tested it. That didn't work, either.

I can see how it's possible that it was always meant to be an AND trigger instead of an OR trigger. I just wish they would provide the provision for both.

(What I wouldn't give for logic functions like in Little Big Planet 2. That things is nuts. I read that someone made a functioning Commodore 64 logic circuit in the game!!)
Career Officer
# 4
08-29-2012, 03:45 AM
Before there was a bug where a dialogue included in a component complete would cause it to trigger after only that dialogue completed, even if the other conditions had not yet been met. I haven't checked if this was fixed (it actually was a pain in the ass because you couldn't trigger a dialogue after a number of other dialogues).

If you want to have something happen after one of many triggers the only way I know to do it is with a map dialogue or contact with multiple dialogue buttons that appear after individual objectives complete, with the completion of the entire dialogue being the trigger to show the object you want.

Click here for my Foundry tutorial on Creating A Custom Interior Map.