Lt. Commander
Every time I try to log in to STO the game says connecting to account server, but then after a while it says login timeout. It patches fine, and loads fine, but it never connects to my account. No matter how many times I try to log in it won't connect, my internet connection is fine and my other online games are working. I do not have anything blocked because when the new patch came in the other day it was working fine, but when I restarted it same problem. Does anyone know what's wrong?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-28-2011, 03:34 PM
patching uses port 7255 . the game uses other ports

first besure you firewall and antivirus has not reflagged the gameclient.exe as a new program needing net access authorization.

d/l and run nettest to make sure other ports have not been interferred with.

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.

if using teamviwer shut it down as it will interfer with the game.
Lt. Commander
# 3
04-01-2011, 04:19 PM
that's not the reason, i'm literally on the game right now, but only because the new patch came in, if I try to restart it, it probably won't connect again, so it's not my firewall, and no ports are blocked, I am seriously confused?
Lt. Commander
# 4
04-01-2011, 05:12 PM
account server uses port 7004.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2011, 05:22 PM
What is teamviewer?
Ensign
# 6
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I think I"m having the same issue. my firewalls are turned off. everything is up to date but the game won't log me in. it just crashes right after I click the login button.
Ensign
# 7
08-30-2012, 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
patching uses port 7255 . the game uses other ports

first besure you firewall and antivirus has not reflagged the gameclient.exe as a new program needing net access authorization.

d/l and run nettest to make sure other ports have not been interferred with.

Nettest:
Go to http://files.champions-online.com/nettest.exe
Download this file and run it
A command prompt should appear running the test automatically

For good connections, column 1 and 3 have values around 500 kb/sec (outgoing/incoming), column 2 has values around 20 kb/sec (transfer rate). If the values in these columns is less than what is expected you may have filtering or blocked ports either on your personal network or from your ISP.

if using teamviwer shut it down as it will interfer with the game.

I had a similar issue where I would open the launcher and it would crash anytime I hit the log in button. I solved it by finding someone else with the same issue where they were running display fusion, which allows you to use different desktop's for more than one monitor and it does a bunch of other related things.

closing the program solved all issues I had with logging in. if you have anything else that effects resolution or your display I suggest closing it and finding out if that works.