Lieutenant
I've filed a support ticket for this a while ago, but nobody seemed to notice...

Anyway, there's a problem with the Jupiter uniform set ... when you put rank pips on the Jupiter uniform of a male character, little white dots, roughly a pixel or so in size, in a roughly circular pattern.

Here are two "dots" I managed to catch, on the same uniform:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1..._rank_bug1.png
(I circled them in green for greater emphasis. Those circle's aren't there in game. )

I think I've heard this problem on the forums from posts years back (before I got the game), and while somewhere it seemed that the problem got solved, by the time I bought the Jupiter set it had returned. Am I the only one with this problem? If not, is there any way to solve it? (Besides have your males wear a different uniform ) Or do the developers have to do that? (It really shouldn't take that long to fix.)
Career Officer
# 2
08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
ONE DOT! You've got it good.

I've been seeing a multitude of moving dots in a concentric square pattern since they came out.

http://i.imgur.com/Sd2c9.png

While it may only look like a few more dots than yours, I assure you that in the live game its actually a shimmer effect along the square border I outlined.

I have a feeling this has something to do with how the pip texture is actually made because the sots take on the color of the pips (gold in my picture, but can be silver too).

Its like that little square should be set invisible and is only there as a means for a dev to move around the rank pips all at once (by just moving one element as opposed to each pip) in an editor mode. Like its trash left in or something.

Obligatory: <More dots, more dots... stop dots>
nynik | Join Date: Dec 2009
<Dev> Oaks@dstahl: *checks for CBS listening devices in the office*
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-09-2013, 02:10 PM
Confirmed. It's still there. Please fix right away, as it costs money.