Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Captain
Name: Varanus Fleet Support Vessel

Reason: It's a C-Store Ship with a Console.

Reason it was excluded (if you know): In an older podcast, Dan Stahl was asked about KDF fleet ships, and he made a really stupid comment about the varanus:

-It is not sexsy enough apparently (STUPID REASON)
-There is a Gorn Supporter in there already (not considering the FEDs have several Fleet SCI Ships)
Career Officer
# 2
08-28-2012, 11:37 PM
That's weird...the Varanus is one if the coolest looking KDF ships!
Empire Veteran
# 3
08-29-2012, 02:09 AM
+1 for a fleet Varanus. It's not that ugly and it's a sci ship.

I also want a unique Ferasan ship in the fleet in the fleet store, to get with my ferasan chars. Why not a c-store one? Because if it's like the soverign it willbe overpriced for average c-store ships abilities.
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-29-2012, 02:50 AM
What I really want is a Fleet Hegh'ta.

that way we can have a fleet BoP that doesn't suck.
<-- Subscribed February 2010
The user formerly known as athenaX
current Tyrant of the 222nd Corsairs
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-29-2012, 05:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burstdragon323 View Post
Name: Varanus Fleet Support Vessel

Reason: It's a C-Store Ship with a Console.

Reason it was excluded (if you know): In an older podcast, Dan Stahl was asked about KDF fleet ships, and he made a really stupid comment about the varanus:

-It is not sexsy enough apparently (STUPID REASON)
-There is a Gorn Supporter in there already (not considering the FEDs have several Fleet SCI Ships)
I would actually like to see a T5 Lieutenant General Gorn Science ship in the C-store. I like the Varanus and was thinking about buying it, but get the impression that it doesn't stand up well to the newer ships out there.

I guess the best pure Science ship option for the KDF at the moment, would be the Orb Weaver.
Captain
# 6
08-29-2012, 05:19 AM
I think the excuse they are using is 'no aliens for fleet refits' as they cant get skins to look right?

Besides, that would mean KDF finally get a ship that can have a discount on the fleet mods.
Captain
# 7
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted74 View Post
I would actually like to see a T5 Lieutenant General Gorn Science ship in the C-store. I like the Varanus and was thinking about buying it, but get the impression that it doesn't stand up well to the newer ships out there.

I guess the best pure Science ship option for the KDF at the moment, would be the Orb Weaver.
My Varanus holds its own easily in Fleet events and STFs as a Crowd Control/CC/Debuffer.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-29-2012, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blunted74 View Post
My opinion as well. If there as a great Gorn ship for that level, i'd make a Godzilla to fly it.
Cloaking generators break down at first sign of language.
Captain
# 9
08-29-2012, 09:42 AM
The Varanus looks great and has good specs but its console sucks.

If it was worker-bees like it would be very nice. But a platform? Ugh thats just dumb. Ships have to go and park next to it to receive the hull heals. Yes... thats smart.. park your ship to receive hull healing while at the same time lowering your defense rating to zero so elite npc's can do ten times the damage to you than the repair drones will fix.

It wouldve made more sense if they had made the ship have a hull healing beam that 'jumps' from one friendly ship to another in a chain (similar to the anti-devidian rifle we get in ground) and works as long as the ships remain within 5km of each other. The beam would work just like Extend Shields (healing tick per second based on AUX power).

THEN the varanus and the console would be worth it.

But as it is now.. its a joke.
http://media.tumblr.com/160cacdb395f8340dac90864182ebe16/tumblr_inline_mx9yxhItkb1qg9pkt.jpg
Empire Veteran
# 10
08-29-2012, 09:50 AM
IMOHPO...
I think KDF should have at least a few of our Cstore ships as fleet ships.
I mean if the Feds can have 5, can't we get 2-3 at least?

Ohwait..that's right...we are few in number and don't conribute to Cyrptic's pockets enough to warrent the Dev time...

I think I'm beginning to understand how the Blacks in America felt for almost 200 years...
Let us hope it doesn't take quite as long to get some type of equality in STO.
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead
join date Aug 2008