Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 214
# 11
08-30-2012, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruccy View Post
' nerd riots in the streets lol'

that made me rofl . dudes in the streets of new york with star fleet uniforms and stormtroops suites , firing those plastic guns and phasers at each other that light up at the end lol

the only question that would matter is , can saber block deflect phasers =p
hey there are some crazy fans out there

ever see this one?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...a-trooper.html


Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
barely coherent ramblings of insanity
ya... this guy right here would be one of the ones out in the street having a mental breakdown wearing a George Takei mask while carrying his TV remote and making phaser noises

Last edited by liquidacid29; 08-30-2012 at 09:26 AM.
Community Moderator
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,004
# 12
08-30-2012, 11:12 AM
Sorry folks, the "Star Trek Online Discussion" forum is for Star Trek Online. As "Star Wars" is definitely off-topic, I am moving this thread to the "Ten Forward" forum.

Jumping to Hyperspeed now!
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 315
# 13
08-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Here's one way it could go down (assume all factions for both IP's are involved).

  1. Initial fighting will results in heavy losses on the Wars side due to Trek's superior firepower, shielding, and Wars tendency to staff ships with lots of troops.

  2. Wars retreats to safe zones where Trek can't attack quickly due to slow Warp speeds. However, knowing Trek is coming, Wars will have to decide if they want to go into planet killer mode with their Death Stars (which results in more losses and ultimately defeat) or zerg the Trek worlds and avoid confrontation. Based on leadership seen in the movies, we can assume they are smart enough to take option 2.

  3. Wars will now use their superior ground forces, logistical handling, and speed capabilities to occupy undefended Trek worlds. This is very successful and civilian populations suffer significantly. There very little chance of Trek re-occupying these worlds using their space superiority unless Trek wants to kill their own people or destroy the planets. This will also increases Wars military output long-term and hinder Trek advancements.

  4. Trek will start protecting core worlds from Wars zerg tactics. Wars will attempt to invade these core worlds and it ends disastrously (see reason in phase 1). Wars now moves to guerilla warfare, constantly moving out of the way of Trek whenever they attack. They effectively have a stalemate.

  5. Trek's superior firepower creates a long drawn out liberation phase as they use reserve forces to take back lost systems. On the Wars side, they make a running retreat and attempt hit and run tactics against Trek infrastructure and exploit holes in Trek tactics. This will result in few casualties on either side, but the battle of attrition will decide the victor.

Most likely a peace treaty will be forged at some point, but note that Trek civvies suffer the most whereas most losses in Wars will be military. That's probably the deciding factor right there.

That's just one scenario...
Kobayashi Maru
Join Date: Sept 2008


"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor

Last edited by kobayashlmaru; 08-30-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Tech Support Panda
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 23
# 14
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Just to chime in for fun, if the ST universe wanted to be nasty in battle, all they'd have to do is teleport the heads of all the crews into space and the battle would be won instantly. Whether this was on the ground or in space, same outcome. Or teleport critical parts of enemy ships elsewhere, battles over.

Teleporter technology would also be able to clone the best soldiers (as that is what the technology does) and beam them aboard enemy ships in endless numbers.

SW has the force, which some Jedi and Sith would have to be dedicated to just blocking ST technologies. They might win some battles well, but for the long term, the Federation would win. If the Fed and other species teamed up against SW, well... I think SW would have no chance.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 15
08-30-2012, 12:17 PM
Erm

a Trek ship at warp 9 can cross the ENTIRE Starwars galaxy in just under 14 hours

Hyperdrive is Crash 1 (slightly above light speed) its not even WARP 1

The death star moves at sublight speeds

and If i want to walk the streets with a phaser I have an original prop model i bought at auction (and I don't own a TV remote my TV doesn't use one)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 214
# 16
08-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Erm

a Trek ship at warp 9 can cross the ENTIRE Starwars galaxy in just under 14 hours

Hyperdrive is Crash 1 (slightly above light speed) its not even WARP 1

The death star moves at sublight speeds

and If i want to walk the streets with a phaser I have an original prop model i bought at auction (and I don't own a TV remote my TV doesn't use one)
lol have you ever seen either show?
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 17
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM
Have you??

The millenium falcon "makes the jump to LIGHT Speed"
It travels 12 parsecs to Kestel (thats about 200 seconds in even the Tos enterprise)
It evades a star destroyer by "manuveers" that involve Drifting Slightly up and to the left

Blaster weapons , laser weapons and light sabers ALL bounce of shields

The weapons on starwars ships are MANUALLY aimed
and rely on "spray and pray"

ok put it another way

Man shot with blaster on MAXIMUM has a small hole in him
man shot with phaser on maximum Disintegrates

Starwars vessels fight only at sublight speeds
Their weapons are designed to Spray and pray

Star Trek ships can go BACKWARDS faster than a star destroyer can go forwards
AND have targeting computers


The Force is directed via a parasitic micro organism called a midichlorian these do not exist in people who went through a transporter beam at ANY time (bio filter)
Thus the force is useless against starfleet

Lightsabers can not deflect a wide beam phaser blast
Whoops there go the sith



Its like a man with an Mi6 on rollerskates (star wars ship_) fighting a man in a Fully armed TANK
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 214
# 18
08-30-2012, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
Here's one way it could go down (assume all factions for both IP's are involved).

  1. Initial fighting will results in heavy losses on the Wars side due to Trek's superior firepower, shielding, and Wars tendency to staff ships with lots of troops.

  2. Wars retreats to safe zones where Trek can't attack quickly due to slow Warp speeds. However, knowing Trek is coming, Wars will have to decide if they want to go into planet killer mode with their Death Stars (which results in more losses and ultimately defeat) or zerg the Trek worlds and avoid confrontation. Based on leadership seen in the movies, we can assume they are smart enough to take option 2.

  3. Wars will now use their superior ground forces, logistical handling, and speed capabilities to occupy undefended Trek worlds. This is very successful and civilian populations suffer significantly. There very little chance of Trek re-occupying these worlds using their space superiority unless Trek wants to kill their own people or destroy the planets. This will also increases Wars military output long-term and hinder Trek advancements.

  4. Trek will start protecting core worlds from Wars zerg tactics. Wars will attempt to invade these core worlds and it ends disastrously (see reason in phase 1). Wars now moves to guerilla warfare, constantly moving out of the way of Trek whenever they attack. They effectively have a stalemate.

  5. Trek's superior firepower creates a long drawn out liberation phase as they use reserve forces to take back lost systems. On the Wars side, they make a running retreat and attempt hit and run tactics against Trek infrastructure and exploit holes in Trek tactics. This will result in few casualties on either side, but the battle of attrition will decide the victor.

Most likely a peace treaty will be forged at some point, but note that Trek civvies suffer the most whereas most losses in Wars will be military. That's probably the deciding factor right there.

That's just one scenario...
why do you people keep trying to claim ST has a firepower advantage in space? by canon numbers ST is woefully underdeveloped... now while I personally think the SW numbers are kinda ridiculous they are canon and these are works of fiction... and I guess they are no more crazy than some ST things like Q and whatnot

but I digress .. the output of civilian owned canons on the slave 1 (which is a small small ship and not even a war ship) is 64000 GW A SHOT and the light guns on small cruisers are at 300 million GW... Leland Chee (the one in charge of SW canon) has confirmed these are still canon... while ST technical manuals put the Enterprise-D's main phasers at 3.6 GW... it's a laughable comparison

not to mention the whole fact that both universes seem to operate under thier own set of physics which don't match real world physics (unless the real world physics happen to line up with the plot lol)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
Have you??

The millenium falcon "makes the jump to LIGHT Speed"
It travels 12 parsecs to Kestel (thats about 200 seconds in even the Tos enterprise)
It evades a star destroyer by "manuveers" that involve Drifting Slightly up and to the left

Blaster weapons , laser weapons and light sabers ALL bounce of shields

The weapons on starwars ships are MANUALLY aimed
and rely on "spray and pray"

ok put it another way

Man shot with blaster on MAXIMUM has a small hole in him
man shot with phaser on maximum Disintegrates

Starwars vessels fight only at sublight speeds
Their weapons are designed to Spray and pray

Star Trek ships can go BACKWARDS faster than a star destroyer can go forwards
AND have targeting computers


The Force is directed via a parasitic micro organism called a midichlorian these do not exist in people who went through a transporter beam at ANY time (bio filter)
Thus the force is useless against starfleet

Lightsabers can not deflect a wide beam phaser blast
Whoops there go the sith



Its like a man with an Mi6 on rollerskates (star wars ship_) fighting a man in a Fully armed TANK
uh no... in ST it take Voyager 7 years to cross one quadrant of the galaxy WITH the help of more advanced and sometimes godlike aliens... without the help it would have taken 70+ YEARS... now in A New Hope the falcon goes from Tatooine to Alderaan in 7 hours... those 2 planets are 40,000 lightyears apart... that means it was going several MILLION times the speed of light... SW ships fly from near the galactic core to the outer edges as day trips.. the speed of PLOT

I'm begining to doubt if you have ever seen any of the films or series from either of the IPs because you seem to have no clue about either one

Last edited by liquidacid29; 08-30-2012 at 01:06 PM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,593
# 19
08-30-2012, 12:46 PM
the RANGE of that cannon is measured in YARDS


and of course there is no "canon" version of starwars weapon stats

Slave 1 is a bounty hunter ship
it has less fire power than the average Fighter
is slow
clunky and of course not shielded

64000 GW??

hmm more than 400 times the power of the ships Reactors??
thats got to be a typo hasn't it
0.64 gw possibly

but then the man who wrote starwars was pretty Dumb wasn't he

There is no sound in space for a start
also a parsec is a measure of Distance (and based on the maps he produced the ENTIRE galaxy is smaller than our Sirius sector)

(if the kestel run is 14 parsecs the alderan run is only about 25 parsecs)

plus theres lukes age (Luke is born while obi wan is in his 30's but is 18 when he is an old man?? )

lots of other stupidity as well

Star wars will always lose because its less internally consistant than spaceballs
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 214
# 20
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
the RANGE of that cannon is measured in YARDS


and of course there is no "canon" version of starwars weapon stats

Slave 1 is a bounty hunter ship
it has less fire power than the average Fighter
is slow
clunky and of course not shielded

64000 GW??

hmm more than 400 times the power of the ships Reactors??
thats got to be a typo hasn't it
0.64 gw possibly

but then the man who wrote starwars was pretty Dumb wasn't he

There is no sound in space for a start
also a parsec is a measure of Distance (and based on the maps he produced the ENTIRE galaxy is smaller than our Sirius sector)

plus theres lukes age (Luke is born while obi wan is in his 30's but is 18 when he is an old man?? )

lots of other stupidity as well

Star wars will always lose because its less internally consistant than spaceballs
uh again no.... Slave-1 has military grade shields actually... those specs are printed in SW source material which is all canon and referred to in the novels which are also all canon.. not a typo ... and calling that stupid because it's unrealistic in a work of fiction is rather stupid in and of itself... there is a reason fiction is fiction... it's no more ridiculous than Q or any of the other crazy plot devices going on in either IP

and WTF are you on about sound in space... they have that in Trek too... because silent space battles aren't as exciting

and as far as consistent goes SW actually pays an entire department to keep canon and does it well while ST ignores and changes it's own canon episode to episode just because the writers feel like it and in between series it is even worse... I like Star Trek but as far as consistent canon goes ST doesn't even know how to spell it

Last edited by liquidacid29; 08-30-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:08 PM.