Starfleet Veteran
# 1 Zen bought EC
08-30-2012, 07:33 AM
I was wondering if it was possible for the developers to add a token on the C-store, that could be traded with a special vendor in-game for EC.

I work the exchange quite well in my little Tuffli and make a nice little fortune, but with the starbase contributions that mass of EC dwindles very quickly. So when I do came across an item on the exchange I want for a character, I look at my account EC balance and "dammit", I don't have enough.

So if there was a 100 Zen token on the C-store, that gave you a lets call it, a Ferengi Gold pressed latinum box. You could trade it for 2 million EC or 3 million EC at a Ferengi vendor.

I normally sell Keys on the exchange, but with so many people under cutting each other instead of playing the long game, the price of keys drop very quickly after new lock boxes come out.
Career Officer
# 2
08-30-2012, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
I normally sell Keys on the exchange, but with so many people under cutting each other instead of playing the long game, the price of keys drop very quickly after new lock boxes come out.
First off, the price of keys goes UP with new lockboxes, not down. Second, welcome to supply and demand. The more of something that is available, the less valuable it becomes. You're basically saying, "I don't feel like I'm making enough money reselling stuff and I want Craptic to guarantee me some good money!" but that's not how it works. The exchange operates by the same principles as any real-life economy; the more people that are selling it, the lower the price gets.

If we were to start playing "the long game" (read: price fixing) that would muck it up for everybody. I'm GLAD it works the way it does, because that allows me to get stuff I need/want at lower prices (usually MUCH lower).

The next time you're on the exchange, do this: Look up a rare or very rare item that is somewhat difficult to obtain, look at the lowest price. Then scroll over and find the highest price. If it isn't over a million I'd be surprised. Now ask yourself, did that person really think that item would get that much (not including exchange storage, those are fairly easy to spot)? You've just witnessed supply and demand in action.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
08-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Thank you on the schooling that I already know about. Like I said I make enough on the exchange, but with contributing to star bases, that fortune does not last long.

As for the lock boxes, I didn't explain that too well. Yes, when the new lock boxes come out and the keys jump up to around 1.9 - 2 million EC each, but after a few weeks they are selling for around 1.2 - 1.4 EC million.
Empire Veteran
# 4
08-30-2012, 08:54 AM
You may check the price of other items: ev suits, fleet sip modules... Some of them will give you more credits.

If Cryptic was willing to give the ability to buy ECs without using the exchange, there is no doubt it would already exist.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
You may check the price of other items: ev suits, fleet sip modules... Some of them will give you more credits.

If Cryptic was willing to give the ability to buy ECs without using the exchange, there is no doubt it would already exist.
Yeah, I thought about Crytic already dismissing the idea, but hoped a new interest might change their minds.

I looked into selling ship modules, but keys are still the best for making quick emergency funds. as Zen vs EC

As for ground gear, it is very rare they make that much or sell that well on the exchange. ATM Dosi rotgut is making a good amount, probably due to the fleet barman project.
Career Officer
# 6
08-30-2012, 09:07 AM
I think the best conversion of Zen to EC is still Uncommon Unreplicatables, or Reinforcement Duty officer packs (but those may fall again with the reintroduction of fleet doffs into the starbase economy).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
08-30-2012, 09:09 AM
it's a pity you could not buy ships and put them on the exchange, but I believe they bind to account and then to character when you open them
Community Moderator
# 8
08-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitzsth View Post
I was wondering if it was possible for the developers to add a token on the C-store, that could be traded with a special vendor in-game for EC.

I work the exchange quite well in my little Tuffli and make a nice little fortune, but with the starbase contributions that mass of EC dwindles very quickly. So when I do came across an item on the exchange I want for a character, I look at my account EC balance and "dammit", I don't have enough.

So if there was a 100 Zen token on the C-store, that gave you a lets call it, a Ferengi Gold pressed latinum box. You could trade it for 2 million EC or 3 million EC at a Ferengi vendor.

Welcome to a game with one of the most honest, player driven economies out there
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobar26th View Post
Welcome to a game with one of the most honest, player driven economies out there
Seriously....HAHAHAHAHaaaaa. you make a funny