Survivor of Romulus
# 1 Bajoran Wormhole
08-30-2012, 08:06 AM
I'm looking to feature passage through the Bajoran Wormhole in a mission I'm writing, but I'm unsure how to achieve it, given that there isn't a usable FX for the BW in the Foundry. Any ideas would be gratefully received. Thanks!
Lieutenant
# 2
08-30-2012, 08:41 AM
Unfortunately, the best thing that comes to my mind is to just create your Gamma Quadrant map and use DS9 as a map entry point from cluster space, or write around it by placing the map entry point at some door or contact on DS9. You could then use dialogue to suggest the player is going to be transported through the wormhole by other means, say, another ship.

Of course, the latter only works if you can live without a space map in the Gamma Quadrant, unless you find a really smart write-around.

Last edited by k668; 08-30-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 3
08-30-2012, 11:43 AM
I believe there are some backdrop effects that you can use to turn space maps into a worm-hole. There might also be a pre-made space map available from one of the Cryptic missions that was set inside a wormhole.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for. Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-30-2012, 03:26 PM
Oh, actually inside the wormhole is fine - use the Bajoran Wormhole straight up from Rapier. I meant the FX of the wormhole opening thanks though!