Captain
# 1 I got a good idea for Z-store.
08-30-2012, 12:15 PM
Way not put up Fleet marks in Z-store i would bye them.

here is how it should look.

100 Fleet marks for 100ZP
500 Fleet marks for 500ZP
1,000Fleet marks for 1,000ZP

You Guys could make a killing.

Z points for Fleet marks.Sound's like a great idea to me then i would not have to bust my butt for Fleet marks.
Captain
# 2
08-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Immediate gratification at its finest.

I really miss the MMOs from 5-6 years ago: back when you had to actually earn everything you wanted. Today it's all: "Have money will pay."

Last edited by thecosmic1; 08-30-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Community Moderator
# 3
08-30-2012, 01:06 PM
C-Store

[/Troll]

But more seriously? I don't like it, fleet marks should be earned not bought IMO, but then I hold similar views on Dilithium lol
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Captain
# 4
08-30-2012, 01:08 PM
Hey in all honesty some fleets do not have many people so in fact this would be a good idea for them fleets that do not have many players.
Empire Veteran
# 5
08-30-2012, 08:19 PM
And for the big fleets that don't need it, would buy them anyways, because then they wouldn't even need to WORK at the Starbases anyways, then start to complain they have nothing to do since all the projects could be more instantly filled up, and get to higher tiers faster, not super-fast, but more quickly than they are even now.

Besides, marks are bought, with your time to earn them.

Commander
# 6
08-31-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Immediate gratification at its finest.

I really miss the MMOs from 5-6 years ago: back when you had to actually earn everything you wanted. Today it's all: "Have money will pay."
This.

but...

simply put my response is "no".

The FM/Starbase system was put in to encourage your fleet doing things together (albeit not perfectly as you can still PUG your way right through it), and provide long-term goals while we wait for season 7.

I'd file this under the same category as "Put STF MK XII gear on the C-Store" (Which has been asked for more than a few times)
Career Officer
# 7
08-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Why bother with piddling around with buying fleet marks. Cryptic should just sell the tier 5 Fleet base in the Z-store.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Captain
# 8
09-01-2012, 04:02 AM
I agree with Cosmic... What happened to the good old days...

Very bad idea. Instant gratification, it would favor larger fleets even more; it would push this game even further down the deadly pay-to-win route; It would remove any reason to attempt to play the missions the devs spend so hard to make for you.

If you want to put money into something that will improve it's value and usefulness over time... buy a house.
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-01-2012, 06:12 AM
C-store people, the Cryptic Store just uses Zen now. It still says c-store in-game. Hover over the button.

As for the topic of the thread, how about we make all resources purchasable then they'll all loose their value. No offense but buying other resources is a bad idea, a lazy way out.

I'm in a small fleet and I disagree with the OP. What they need to do is make FM more accessible for everyday playing. Have lore missions gain them, campaign missions, STF's etc and so on. They can be added to the current rewards, they only have be be a small amount like 5-10 per mission, elite STF's may earn say 20. This would also bring replay value back to missions and it's something different than the same poorly designed fleet actions and boring Nukara over and over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 10
09-01-2012, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiberteksyfir View Post

I'd file this under the same category as "Put STF MK XII gear on the C-Store" (Which has been asked for more than a few times)
But that one is perfectly understandable to many. Personally speaking I've done HUNDREDS of elite runs and have yet to get a SINGLE Prototype tech drop.

Yeah, Not a Damn one Ground or space.

At this point, yeah I'd be willing to drop $10 just to get the ****ing set(s) on the Z-store and be done with it.