Captain
# 101
10-23-2012, 02:47 AM
Several times throughout the past couple day I have dc, and sometimes I see 2 or 3 people in my group all dc at same time during stf causing optional to be lost. Very fustrating.

It would be nice to see this issue acknowledged.
Career Officer
# 102
10-23-2012, 03:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc8219 View Post
Several times throughout the past couple day I have dc, and sometimes I see 2 or 3 people in my group all dc at same time during stf causing optional to be lost. Very fustrating.

It would be nice to see this issue acknowledged.
Frustrating is an understatement - as said earlier, had just finished an STF - loot drop appeared as well as list of optional goodies to 'need, greed etc' .... and sever went down.

Couldn't get back in and therefore drop lost.

As I've said, less emphasis on season 7 promotional rubbish and more emphasis on MAKING THE GAME WORK please!

STAR TREK BATTLES - HIGH DPS PLAYERS NEED NOT APPY
Career Officer
# 103
10-23-2012, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vengefuldjinn View Post
Okay,

Joined Cure space STF, mission was already in-progress, optional had been lost.

Seconds into it, I get the server not responding message. Got disconnected, logged back on,
Two people on the team left now, I'm hit with one of those extra long respawns, even though I haven't died once, at least not due to anything I've done wrong that is.

These server instability issues are really workin on my last nerve. Getting hit with penalties that I don't deserve sucks, joining a mission gone to hell halfway through sucks.

To be honest, I could give a rat's ass about season seven at the moment, especially since the server instability issues ruin the whole game experience, and happen quite frequently. I'm getting bounced off along with different, whole STF teams all the friggin time now.

Please take a portion of that lock box income and stable things up guys.

Has SOMEONE from Cryptic at least acknowledge they are aware of this problem?
Similar thing happened to me - played a VERY sucessful instance of ISE. Mission completed with six minutes to spare - Tac cube went boom, loot drop appeared as well as list of optional goodies to 'need, greed etc' .... and then the server went down.

Couldn't get back in and therefore both optional and general drop lost.

As have said before, less farting around with season seven promotional rubbish and more focus on making the game playable please!

Ensign
# 104
10-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
Server Keeps Crashing. Please Do Something About This Problem.
Cryptic And Devs Please Read And Take Note.
So Far 4 Times In One Morning. I'm Getting Abit Hacked Off.
Imagine if you will during three consecutive STF elite missions being server disconnected only to return and discover your teammates have also been disconnected and one by one they return. Missions that typically last 15 to 20 min. maximum lasting up to 45 min. as each of us were being repeatedly disconnected and completely wasting our time. Perfect World and/or Cryptic is failing us miserably. I personally have sent at least a half-dozen messages to them in various ways and I have never received a single response.

A year ago I had 9 dear friends who had joined STO and like me very much enjoyed the game. Every last one of them who came here because they trusted my judgment and accepted my word that STO was a great game to play, has left the game completely. It is almost a waste of time to even sign on in an attempt to play the game anymore because of these repetitive server disconnects.

These server disconnects are a direct result of poor management and planning by the powers that be. They are ruining this game for all of us and STO itself is suffering to the degree it is becoming a laughingstock among serious gameplayers.

I am in my third year here and until "Perfect World" became involved in STO, I had never seen a server disconnect in this game. I am here now writing in both anger and frustration because during the past two hours alone I have attempted three elite STF missions during which I saw literally all of my team members being disconnected and I myself was disconnected eight times. This is utterly ridiculous and it is a failure of both Perfect World and STO in the extreme.

To the powers that be : you need to wake up and realize people are going to leave this game if you don't get around to maintenance and upgrades to your equipment/software to put an end to these server disconnects. I love this game (STO) and I'm one of its strongest supporters...until now. STO is being destroyed by those who are responsible for its very existence. Put an end to these server disconnects now before STO becomes a ghost town. When someone like me whom I repeat loves this game and is close to my 800 days, is actually considering leaving it permanently, that in itself should be a wake-up call to you people. Put an end to these server disconnects immediately.
Career Officer
# 105
10-23-2012, 05:41 AM
And again - just about to tackle the Tac cube in ISE and bang - logged out by faulty server again.

Career Officer
# 106
10-23-2012, 08:09 AM
After one of the disconnects during khitomer space, when I was trying to log back in, I got server not responding while still on the loading screen. Then I was disconnected again. Trying to reconnect again, I got the option to do 'safe login' or regular login. I chose 'safe login', and ended up back at ESD instead of in the khitomer instance with my team.
# 107
10-23-2012, 09:04 AM
Hi Captains,

Thank you for the reports -- the team has been investigating.

Please note that the reason the Mods and I merge the various threads on the same issue of "Server Disconnects/ 'Not Responding'/ DCing" into this thread is so the NetOps team can investigate by player, as well as other data, by having one thread they can go to -- having it spread out makes it harder to accomplish this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment
Lt. Commander
# 108
10-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Please note that the reason the Mods and I merge the various threads on the same issue of "Server Disconnects/ 'Not Responding'/ DCing" into this thread is so the NetOps team can investigate by player, as well as other data, by having one thread they can go to -- having it spread out makes it harder to accomplish this.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
It has been happening for 3days straight, someone needs to get their act together.
Career Officer
# 109
10-23-2012, 09:35 AM
I was DC'd at least 3 times last night. Two of those times, I was on a Fleet Starbase. On the other, I was in sector space, not too long after logging back in from a DC.

The night before, I remember at least 3 times as well.
Starfleet Veteran
# 110
10-23-2012, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwebranflakes View Post
Hi Captains,

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Not good enough

This has been going on for too long and nothings been done about it. Like i said if your going to rob and steal money form people stupid enough to give it to pwe/cryptic at least do the decent thing and fix the servers ? is it too much to ask ?
Closed Thread