Career Officer
# 1 2 fleet item questions
11-06-2013, 10:56 AM
first im using romulan hyper torps with 3 borg projectile duty officers the damage i dish out is insane! i can damn near kill a borg gate with my falchion with no help but the splash damage is annoying so im debating about using fleet quantum torps thoughts and opinions? pros and cons? i know i wont be able to dish out as much damage i know rom torps have plasma bleed damage i play pve a lot mostly omega so how well will fleet quantum torps
do compared to rom torps and i assume the very rare projectile doffs to affect quantums? will i be able to hold my own as well with quantum torps with my 3 purple projectile doffs?

second fleet science emitter arrays is there any with 40 shield power or is it just 30 and shield heal bonus with a 10 second cool down and competitive options?

Last edited by howiebabey82; 11-06-2013 at 11:46 AM.
Captain
# 2
11-06-2013, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howiebabey82 View Post
first im using romulan hyper torps with 3 borg projectile duty officers the damage i dish out is insane! i can damn near kill a borg gate with my falchion with no help but the splash damage is annoying so im debating about using fleet quantum torps thoughts and opinions? pros and cons? i know i wont be able to dish out as much damage i know rom torps have plasma bleed damage i play pve a lot mostly omega so how well will fleet quantum torps
do compared to rom torps and i assume the very rare projectile doffs to affect quantums? will i be able to hold my own as well with quantum torps with my 3 purple projectile doffs?

second fleet science emitter arrays is there any with 40 shield power or is it just 30 and shield heal bonus with a 10 second cool down and competitive options?
Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedoes are nice because a very large portion of their damage bypasses shields. Quantum torpedoes are effective, but only if you have a weapon or ability to drop shields first. If your target is shielded, Romulan Hyper Torps are superior to fleet quantums. If the target is unshielded, fleet quantums are superior. Projectile weapon duty officers work with all torpedoes, except for the Omega Force Torpedo and the Ferengi Missiles. (Both have special internal cooldowns) Certain torpedoes due have minimum self cooldowns, namely Tricobalt devices, Hargh'peng torpedoes, and Breen Cluster Torpedoes. This is because these weapons would be too powerful if you could fire them off in rapid succession.

Emitter arrays increase your shield healing abilities, they do not increase your shield power levels. Mk XII embassy consoles are the best you can get when it comes to science consoles at the moment. Season 8 will be bringing some other interesting science console options.
Captain
# 3
11-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Another interesting bit is, if you want to use paired launchers, to use both the Hyper Plasma and Omega Plasma torpedo launchers. Make sure that you have the Hyper Plasma designated to fire first priority, the Omega Plasma firing second priority. The Omega Plasma launcher won't benefit from the Projectile Weapons Officer... but they can proc them for the Hyper Plasma. You can also use the Hyper Plasma or Omega Plasma launchers the same way as proc producers for another torpedo type, since they plink more often, but this goes into a torpedo version of the "Rainboat"/"Skittleboat" ships. If the only "console" you have is the Honor Guard 2-piece, though, this doesn't really penalize you.

[Edit] To clarify, the priority issue assumes you have the launchers set to auto-fire. If you do, and the ship insists on firing only the Omega Plasma, simply leave the Hyper Plasma on auto-fire and turn off auto-fire on the Omega Plasma; once the Hyper Plasma starts launching, turn auto-fire back on for the Omega Plasma. This should clarify to your ship which it should prioritize firing when both are available.

Of course, with the Season 8 consoles, multiple damage types could become more viable.
I know, it was the first day, but I just couldn't help myself...

Oh, and the image is from Non Sequitur. Get it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
I do not like Geko ether.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gavinruneblade View Post
So I know exactly why we're not being asked to pay to hear the voices.

Last edited by breadandcircuses; 11-07-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Career Officer
# 4 tyvm
11-08-2013, 07:26 AM
this was very helpful
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
11-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by majortiraomega View Post
Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedoes are nice because a very large portion of their damage bypasses shields. Quantum torpedoes are effective, but only if you have a weapon or ability to drop shields first. If your target is shielded, Romulan Hyper Torps are superior to fleet quantums. If the target is unshielded, fleet quantums are superior. Projectile weapon duty officers work with all torpedoes, except for the Omega Force Torpedo and the Ferengi Missiles. (Both have special internal cooldowns).
The only cooldown the borg torp has is the basic internal cooldown that limits the firing to one torp a second. The reason why projectile doffs don't effect it is because it has no cooldown to lower in the first place. Simply putting the borg torp on autofire will fire one off every second indefinitely for the duration of your target being in it's firing arc. (the 5 charges are a lie, they are unlimited)
Captain
# 6
11-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnikku View Post
Simply putting the borg torp on autofire will fire one off every second indefinitely for the duration of your target being in it's firing arc. (the 5 charges are a lie, they are unlimited)
Incorrect, upon expending the 5 shots with the Omega Force Torpedo, the icon resets to 5 and the fire animation continues to occur. However, no torpedo is actually fired until a new charge is created. A new torpedo is created every 5 seconds. The icon resetting to 5 is a bug that was created with the UI revamp for Legacy of Romulus.
Career Officer
# 7 more fleet item questions lol
11-10-2013, 07:15 AM
i know prefire chambers are coming in this season expansion are other fleet consoles coming like elite fleet engineering consoles?