Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Ensign
I have been trying to donate Duty Officers to my Fleet Starbase for the Upgrade Mission "Station Engineering Officer on Starbase." It won't let me donate the QM and Systems Duty Officers to the project, even though I have them in the inventory of Duty Officers.

Thoughts? Solutions? Thanks!
Career Officer
# 2
09-01-2012, 06:52 PM
They are probably bound. Can't contribute bound duty officers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-02-2012, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusty8mac View Post
They are probably bound. Can't contribute bound duty officers.
That's not true. You can contribute bound DOFFs. I have done so many times. The bound DOFFs from Colonial Support missions work, as does the Shakespeare quartermaster DOFF. His problem is he is probably trying to donate a DOFF that is on active duty. Only DOFFs on reserve duty can be used.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-02-2012, 04:06 PM
I just ran into this yesterday, and it turned out that the doffs that couldn't be donated (despite being listed as available) were on an assignment ... Cardassian & Bajoran officer exchanges, IIRC.

So, until someone at Cryptic notices that the doff donation list includes non-reserve doffs, you'll just have to keep an eye out for this and avoid checking the box on doffs you have on assignment, in sickbay, or on active duty.
Lieutenant
# 5
09-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolfe59 View Post
That's not true. You can contribute bound DOFFs. I have done so many times. The bound DOFFs from Colonial Support missions work, as does the Shakespeare quartermaster DOFF.
This is correct, and I've donated plenty of bound doffs, too -- I know I've done it with "support colonization efforts" doffs and others that were bound after being equipped on active duty at some point.

The one type that I believe you can't donate, however, is doffs that come from Lt. Ferra (Fed) or Lt. Sta'ass (KDF). They are always bound, so I think that's where people get the idea that bound doffs can't be donated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarlik View Post
The one type that I believe you can't donate, however, is doffs that come from Lt. Ferra (Fed) or Lt. Sta'ass (KDF).
This is correct.