Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 51
09-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingmaster View Post
This is why I focus most of my 'whining' onto the BoP/Raptor issues, because that's ultimately what I care about in this game at this time.
Both the Heavy Bop which I use on 3 toons and the Raptor on another out-perform any Fed non-cstore ship - what is the whining about?
Empire Veteran
# 52
09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by levi3 View Post
Both the Heavy Bop which I use on 3 toons and the Raptor on another out-perform any Fed non-cstore ship - what is the whining about?
It's not really whining its the fact that the status of c-store +1 ships and their consoles at first were great to have and now they pretty much have no advantages to buying them except for a few on KDF side but I cannot see myself really buying the federation ones since they just feel like fluff.

The underlying issue with the KDF and as fed players just call it QQ or whining is the attempt to hold onto what little uniqueness we have left. We pretty much first lost carriers as it was told to the KDF population they would always be unique to the KDF which was less than truthful then for the most part the uniquness of 2 of our c-store +1 consoles the feds can just buy on exchange and now the talk about giving the feds the plasmonic leach because they want it they will get it that will no longer be unique. After that of course we will lose the battle cloak and at that point we will have nothing left that makes the KDF unique. It's really just a push to keep holding out on something and then when sales get low they will cannibalize the KDF for every possible dollar they can make before abandoning future development for the game as a WHOLE since they have already abandoned the KDF.
Empire Veteran
# 53
09-01-2012, 06:45 PM
I have tried many times to get my name changed, so far its more trouble than results.
So if the devs or moderators want to change my current name back to Roach in the forums, I will not complain.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 54
09-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeuxidemus001 View Post
It's not really whining its the fact that the status of c-store +1 ships and their consoles at first were great to have and now they pretty much have no advantages to buying them except for a few on KDF side but I cannot see myself really buying the federation ones since they just feel like fluff.

The underlying issue with the KDF and as fed players just call it QQ or whining is the attempt to hold onto what little uniqueness we have left. We pretty much first lost carriers as it was told to the KDF population they would always be unique to the KDF which was less than truthful then for the most part the uniquness of 2 of our c-store +1 consoles the feds can just buy on exchange and now the talk about giving the feds the plasmonic leach because they want it they will get it that will no longer be unique. After that of course we will lose the battle cloak and at that point we will have nothing left that makes the KDF unique. It's really just a push to keep holding out on something and then when sales get low they will cannibalize the KDF for every possible dollar they can make before abandoning future development for the game as a WHOLE since they have already abandoned the KDF.
Keep the thought in mind that levi3 may be in the thread purely for entertainment value.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 55
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Keep the thought in mind that levi3 may be in the thread purely for entertainment value.
Yes and no - I understand the KDf players concerns completely - they have been perhaps lied to - definitly mislead - they have been left behind compared to Fed development

and on and on and on

Bottom line is that Cryptic DOES NOT CARE! They have shown this through their actions or lack of actions for a very long time- sorry to break the bad news but no amount of whinning or complaining or "keeping up the fight" is going to change that.

Cryptic will go where the money is - the big money - and the big money is on the FED side - it's that simple and that is no lie.

And personally I love the Heavy Bop and Raptor - they are pretty much on par with most of the T5 +1 Fed ships - anyone who says otherwise is crazy.

Last edited by levi3; 09-01-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 56
09-01-2012, 08:00 PM
stir that antpile.

We KDF lose everything if we just give up, we lose nothing if we keep up the fight.
Captain
# 57
09-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Despite the realities of money, business, etc., in agreement with bitemepwe, giving up is not at option.

With all of the fury over the leech rumor (still unsubstantiated) we are probably at some sort of breaking point, at least I hope so. Let's see what the next 1-2 week holds.

But the KDF giving up in the face of the opposition--not at chance.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Captain
# 58
09-01-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
Despite the realities of money, business, etc., in agreement with bitemepwe, giving up is not at option.

With all of the fury over the leech rumor (still unsubstantiated) we are probably at some sort of breaking point, at least I hope so. Let's see what the next 1-2 week holds.

But the KDF giving up in the face of the opposition--not at chance.
I don't know - you can keep up this rant but it seems to go no-where

I have the dev's respond to my threads - and my posts personally many times - even on the weekend - a dev has responded to me in one of my threads - of course never in the KDF section

I suspect the KDF section is never visited by the Dev's - well? Are you out there?
Captain
# 59
09-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Thanks for the response, levi3. A few things:

1- I don't think the genre of this thread is rightly called a "rant." I admit, some of my KDF friends are engaging in rant. Okay, but embedded within that rant are genuine complaints that need to be addressed. The community moderators have obviously given this thread (and the one that was closed) some attention, and I think some of us hope that the devs will take note. I would refer to these threads more properly as protests from upset customers, who feel like they are being neglected, at best, and misled at worst. Most business have "comment" cards or boxes; the forums are the digital equivalent.

2- I still don't think this kind of protest is hopeless. Did you notice, for instance, that Soriedem--one of the lead figures at Gates of Stovokor--has recently been added to the Priority One team. He will be contributing a weekly blog: http://priorityonepodcast.com/wordpr...c-shenanigans/. I would not be surprised if Priority One begins to pay a bit more attention to the KDF side, with the addition of Soriedem. But we will see.

This is a significant new platform for the KDF, because, if history is any indication of the future, Priority One will continue to have the ear of the devs, at least to some degree. This is a positive step in the right direction and will give the KDF a new channel of influence.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 60
09-01-2012, 09:31 PM
Quote:
Yes and no - I understand the KDf players concerns completely - they have been perhaps lied to - definitly mislead - they have been left behind compared to Fed development

and on and on and on

Bottom line is that Cryptic DOES NOT CARE! They have shown this through their actions or lack of actions for a very long time- sorry to break the bad news but no amount of whinning or complaining or "keeping up the fight" is going to change that.

Cryptic will go where the money is - the big money - and the big money is on the FED side - it's that simple and that is no lie.

And personally I love the Heavy Bop and Raptor - they are pretty much on par with most of the T5 +1 Fed ships - anyone who says otherwise is crazy.
KDF money is money. It may not be the river that Fed money is, but a brook can still irrigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar01 View Post
Hey bro, your mom's calling you. Your SpaghettiOs are ready.
ROFL!

Quote:
I don't know - you can keep up this rant but it seems to go no-where

I have the dev's respond to my threads - and my posts personally many times - even on the weekend - a dev has responded to me in one of my threads - of course never in the KDF section

I suspect the KDF section is never visited by the Dev's - well? Are you out there?
And we've had Dan Stahl respond to our KDF threads, what's your point? I've talked to many Devs in game chat. I had a question answered in "Ask Cryptic." I've had Devs quote my posts and directly respond to them. Trust me bro it means NOTHING more than community relations.

Superlink used to pull stuff like this you know. First it was the Devs read his posts, then he talked to the Devs, then it was he's friends with the Devs, then he had secret inside info from reliable sources, then he was the Devs, then he was gone.

Don't be Superlink.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Closed Thread