Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 61
09-01-2012, 10:33 PM
I do wonder to what degree the devs actually read the KDF posts. And I think that KDF/dev relations would certainly be improved if we received, at least every once and a while, some kind of response, so that we know we are not shouting into nothingness.

It is unfortunate that the only response this leech conversation has evoked from someone even remotely official is a ban from one of the community moderators. The moderator was right to call attention to the problems in the thread, but let's hope to Kahless that Cryptic can at least show us some respect by responding to some of these recent issues.

@gradstudent1
PvP Boot Camp Project Leader Emeritus
Empire Veteran
# 62
09-01-2012, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudent1 View Post
I do wonder to what degree the devs actually read the KDF posts. And I think that KDF/dev relations would certainly be improved if we received, at least every once and a while, some kind of response, so that we know we are not shouting into nothingness.

It is unfortunate that the only response this leech conversation has evoked from someone even remotely official is a ban from one of the community moderators. The moderator was right to call attention to the problems in the thread, but let's hope to Kahless that Cryptic can at least show us some respect by responding to some of these recent issues.
Deep down inside I think they do read them. I don't think they read them as much as I would like, but I do think they are read.

I do not know where Borticus gets the cajones to post in the PvP threads. Now that he does he has gotten quite a bit of bile. When a faction or style of play gets neglected long enough some of those players get frustrated to the point that they will take their frustrations out on the first official face to poke in and say hi.

Then you get what we have here. Read with no response. I would not in any way be surprised if they even read select posts to the group in meetings, but we'll never know because if they popped in and said so some would pull the fitments out of the wall and hurl them at that Dev.

Sometimes our own passion makes us our worst enemies.
If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
They taste the same.
Empire Veteran
# 63
09-01-2012, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
stir that antpile.

We KDF lose everything if we just give up, we lose nothing if we keep up the fight.
Quote:
Despite the realities of money, business, etc., in agreement with bitemepwe, giving up is not at option.

With all of the fury over the leech rumor (still unsubstantiated) we are probably at some sort of breaking point, at least I hope so. Let's see what the next 1-2 week holds.

But the KDF giving up in the face of the opposition--not at chance.
I agree, unlike others we are loyal and true fans and giving up is not the Klingon way. We have money and Cryptic are foolish if they will ignore any possible business opportunities to make money just to feed the masses. Just look at the lastest Ask Cryptic question thread or the last dev blog thread, more and more want KDF stuff, even Federation players. If Cryptic ignores this for much longer their employees may as well start looking for new jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Keep the thought in mind that levi3 may be in the thread purely for entertainment value.
I have to agree, I respect the man as a Trek fan, but I won't acknowledge his pure bait posts to draw in and upset us KDF fans. Trolling is not fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"
Captain
# 64
09-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post

And we've had Dan Stahl respond to our KDF threads, what's your point? I've talked to many Devs in game chat. I had a question answered in "Ask Cryptic." I've had Devs quote my posts and directly respond to them. Trust me bro it means NOTHING more than community relations.

Superlink used to pull stuff like this you know. First it was the Devs read his posts, then he talked to the Devs, then it was he's friends with the Devs, then he had secret inside info from reliable sources, then he was the Devs, then he was gone.

Don't be Superlink.
The point that I was making is that the likelyhood of a dev posting in KDF threads and particularly ones where they are basically pissed on - is close to zero

My threads are not all pro-Cryptic either - I swing both ways - pointing out problems, good stuff and bad stuff

All in all I want STO to do well and continue - I wnt the KDf to continue - yes I use my KDF toon primarily for resource collection - but I still would be worse off in some ways without them.

If you noticed I have been absent from the KDF forums for awhile - I did poke in here to stir things up a bit only because I saw this thread as becoming something useless

The top thread in this section from now on should be one titled "The things that Cryptic has done right with the KDF - and thanks for them!" that would be a good start

I would start it but It should be by one of you who is not notorious in the Dev's eye - you might know who you are - and someone who is much more a true KDF player than I am.

Good luck
Captain
# 65
09-02-2012, 12:28 AM
Yes, we do have money and we want to spend it, but on KDF stuff--on stuff that will benefit our faction.

levi3 is right that Cryptic has done great things, many of which are praiseworthy. I could easily list 10-15 things I love about what Cryptic has done over the past year or so. See, for example, this post, where I both praise Cryptic for the visually stunning Regent class, but then cordially ask for a Negh'Var that contains more universal slots, so that it can be used by science, engineering, or tactical: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=353631

But, as a business, Cryptic runs on a supply-demand dynamic, and it is mportant that they know where the demand lies. As a minority consumer base, it is our obligation to make sure that Cryptic knows where the demand is, but if we spend our energy praising what they have done, we run the risk of praising them into inaction. I appreciate your point, levi3 and Cryptic has indeed done good things, but I don't think that praise is the best strategy at this point. We need to demonstrate that demand for KDF exists.

@gradstudent1

Last edited by gradstudent1; 09-02-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Empire Veteran
# 66
09-02-2012, 12:48 AM
Ive had devs respond in, game mail chatted and otherwise communicate with me over my posts and threads.

Ive spoken to Dan live.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 67
09-02-2012, 12:50 AM
And do you feel that the exchange made any impact?

@gradstudent1
Empire Veteran
# 68
09-02-2012, 12:52 AM
So after enough contests of penile lengths and other assorted sillgnesses that do not matter, back to topic.

The KDF is resource being wasted. A revenue source, though smaller, to be aproached and used.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 69
09-02-2012, 12:58 AM
Quote:
And do you feel that the exchange made any impact?
Yes and No.
I heard the desire to do more for the KDF, him and the Devs, but I am baffled on why they do not follow that desire?
I heard bussiness rhetoric and company reasoning and was given a good look behind the mirror, or 4th wall.

I learned alot from the exchange, and for a while had more hope for the KDF.
Now I just have the normal amount. To keep the fight up.
Career Officer
# 70
09-02-2012, 01:12 AM
Sad to hear the KDF does not matter in business terms.

Looks like my hope is finally lost and it's time to give up.
Closed Thread