Lt. Commander
Hi there. I've seen a lot of people having problems launching the game due to a Cryptic Autoupdater problem with the launcher.

I have removed the links to this download as there is a new thread that will always have the latest version instead. please go to here.

Last edited by ga1en; 09-06-2012 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Additional info
Ensign
# 2
08-31-2012, 09:05 AM
thx bro, but cant download the file, can you try another hoster pls
thx

ps: i have now a account on mediafire but cantsee ani zip files on your link
pps: dont work for my little box

Last edited by dirtyfernadez; 08-31-2012 at 09:10 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-31-2012, 09:08 AM
oops hold on. I'll go fix the links. wait one.

OK Try it now.

Last edited by ga1en; 08-31-2012 at 09:11 AM.
Ensign
# 4
08-31-2012, 09:18 AM
i have 2 pc in my network. both have the problem since yesterday, the new file wont work for my problem i tryed on both systems
Ensign
# 5
08-31-2012, 09:19 AM
thank you my man!!! this worked for me!! i signed up with the site, swapped the launchers and changed IP address and away we(i) go *happy dance*
Ensign
# 6
08-31-2012, 09:21 AM
changed ip adress?
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-31-2012, 09:25 AM
@dirtyfernandez I'm not sure if this will work but try renaming the .patch directory in the Star Trek Online/Live directory to somthing else like "old .patch".

That directory contains all the patch data for the launcher. removing it worked on some people, but i prefer to rename so i can easily restore things back to before i was fooling around.
Ensign
# 8
08-31-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyfernadez View Post
changed ip adress?
i left my router turned off for around 3 hours untill i was assigned a new IP address
Ensign
# 9
08-31-2012, 09:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga1en View Post
@dirtyfernandez I'm not sure if this will work but try renaming the .patch directory in the Star Trek Online/Live directory to somthing else like "old .patch".

That directory contains all the patch data for the launcher. removing it worked on some people, but i prefer to rename so i can easily restore things back to before i was fooling around.
wont work withe the updater but the i can start the GameClient.exe now. i attempt to login and he try to connect to the accserver after a a few sec he says me he cant connect to the acc server.

should i try your GameClient exe?
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
The gameclient is tied to the launcher. If the launcher can't patch, the gameclient can't see the account server either.

I'll check online to see how to change IP adress easily and post the results of the search here. The culprit may be the IP adress itself and Cryptic is blocking certain IP adresses.

update:

Ok the easiest way to change your IP is to turn off your modem and router for around 5-10 minutes.

To check if your IP changed go to What is my IP.

Turn off the modem and router if any. Wait 5-10 minutes and turn it back on.

Check the site again to see if your IP changed. If not try it again as sometimes you get the same IP address.

If it changed try STO and see if that updated.

The other thing to try is to turn off your modem and routers for around 8 hours then turn them on again and check to see it the IP changed.

Note that the modem and router must be turned off as in no power to the items. Simply flicking the on/off switch works for most modems but routers usually have to be unplugged. There should be no lights showing on both items.

Last edited by ga1en; 08-31-2012 at 09:47 AM.