Career Officer
I noticed last night that there is no % on torpedos for the [Borg] proc. does that mean it is a flat 1k bonus damage to borg when using them?
Captain
# 2
08-31-2012, 09:25 AM
yes

this means: photons are most effective as [borg] weapons in stfs

and you can figure out the subsequent advantages yourself for certain ship builds (sci torpedo bomber for rapid generator, gate, tactical cube demolition)
Go pro or go home
Career Officer
# 3
08-31-2012, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I added a Mk XI to torpedo boat last night and saw a huge improvement, but wasnt sure if I was just getting lucky or not.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-31-2012, 10:07 AM
If you have 3 purple torpedo doffs assigned, quantums are better than photons as the doffs will most often activate with 3 chances at 20% each to remove 5 seconds on a 9 second cooldown.

Note that the doffs will attempt to proc on every torpedo launched so High Yield 3 will result in all 4 torpedoes attempting to proc 3 times each at 20 percent. and it only takes one to reset the cooldown.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-31-2012, 10:20 AM
The borg proc is broken for the most part. Most of the enemies are immune even though they are suppose to happen every time.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-31-2012, 10:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
The borg proc is broken for the most part. Most of the enemies are immune even though they are suppose to happen every time.
If this is true it really sucks. The [borg] proc with turrets and cannons is one of the few ways a cruiser can really excel at STF's. I'm not a "cruiser+cannons=win" person but I use to swapped out rear weapons for [borg] turrets religiously while STF grinding.
Career Officer
# 7
08-31-2012, 11:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
On ground it definitely works -- I'm not sure why it'd be different for space.
Fleet holding costs | Accolade Points: 18020 (Fed Engineer), 16400 (KDF Tactical)
Subscribe to Accolade thread | Join channel Accolades | Idea: Mail Revamp
New on STOwiki: Spire projects | STO Timeline | Fed-KDF Disparity | upcoming content
Fed Fleet: Section 31 (level 20) | KDF Fleet: Klingon Intelligence (level 20)
Captain
# 8
08-31-2012, 11:09 AM
The ground proc is 100% for every anti-borg weapon. The space proc is 7.5% for every weapon EXCEPT projectile based ones (I.E Torps, Mines etc). Those are 100% proc for the Borg radiation on paper. In reality I usually have my torps proc at a rate of either 50% or 66%, so 2 out of every 3 torps, or one 1 out of every 2 torps.
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phyrexianhero View Post
On ground it definitely works -- I'm not sure why it'd be different for space.
I agree the ground proc works perfectly but not all space borg are proberly affected.

If you use a borg torp in a borg dse or story mission you will get a "Chaotic Particle Stream" for 1000 damage.

Whe I did the test in ka the only time Chaotic Particle Stream appeared was with the Nanite transformers and the Donatra's Ship's officer Tractor Probe.

The proc did not go off for the tac cube, probes. spheres, nanite generators and Donatra.

I found a thread from January showing this as well but it was never fix. I only found out about it when I was trying to figure out if the borg transphasic would to more damage then the rapid fires for a sci build. on a torp boat with 3 borg transphasics on the front and 3 projectile doffs the borg proc only went off 95 times on those 2 enemy types and nothing else.
Commander
# 10
08-31-2012, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caymonjg View Post
I noticed last night that there is no % on torpedos for the [Borg] proc. does that mean it is a flat 1k bonus damage to borg when using them?
Yes.
Ridiculous tenchars thing is ridiculous.