Lt. Commander
Hello all,

Last week, I acquired a Tholian Widow simply for the fact that in all the descriptions I've read, it's classified as a fighter and that all dual cannons (normal or heavy) can be equipped on fighters.

When I tried to equip the Widow with a DHC, I got the "Class requirements not met" message.

I submitted a ticket in-game and the reply I got was that the Widow is a small craft and that small crafts cannot be equipped with dual cannons (I guess the peregrine is classified as a battleship).

So my question is:

Is the deception in the in-game description and even on the dev blog (http://sto.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=614731) "working as intended" or is the fact that they call it a fighter is simply an honest mistake? And if it's an honest mistake, will someone ever fix the description so that other people don't get fooled by it?
Survivor of Romulus
# 2
08-31-2012, 05:29 PM
are you in space when you try to equip them? its a bug sometimes when your ship weapons cannot be changed on the ground.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-31-2012, 07:36 PM
Although I was skeptical about your idea because I was alreasy able to put other weapons in the weapon slots of the Widow, I tried it and it didnt change anything (I am still getting the "Class requirements not met" message).
Survivor of Romulus
# 4
08-31-2012, 08:34 PM
submit a bug report then.
Joined Sept 09.

Starfleet Veteran
# 5
08-31-2012, 11:04 PM
If I remember correctly, the peregrine is the only small ship than can equip cannons. It's the perk of the ship. If you can't equip cannons on any other small ship then it sounds like the game is working correctly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I thought that when submitting a ticket, I was doing a bug reporting.

As for the Peregrine being the only "small craft" being able to equip dual cannons, that's not true. The To'Duj and the Stalker can too. And guess what? They're classified as FIGHTERS.

I think that the omission on the Widow was intentional. They call it a FIGHTER in the description and classsifed it as a SHUTTLE in game. They can't give something "too" nice to someone who spends 300 lobi crystals, right?
Survivor of Romulus
# 7
09-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonkman View Post
I thought that when submitting a ticket, I was doing a bug reporting.

As for the Peregrine being the only "small craft" being able to equip dual cannons, that's not true. The To'Duj and the Stalker can too. And guess what? They're classified as FIGHTERS.

I think that the omission on the Widow was intentional. They call it a FIGHTER in the description and classsifed it as a SHUTTLE in game. They can't give something "too" nice to someone who spends 300 lobi crystals, right?
it might have been misclassified by accident. i mean look at what happened day 1 for the HEC.... it didnt exist to STF's or the vault, so it wasnt any kind of ship that had already been released.... they might have accidentally given the Widow a shuttle classification.
Joined Sept 09.

Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM
Well...

I've submitted another ticket and got a clearer answer this time:

"The Widow cannot be equipped with any dual-cannons, not even the issue-s ones".

Do you still think that it's an honest misclassification?
Career Officer
# 9
09-02-2012, 05:32 PM
It's probably a plain and simple miscommunication. Cryptic employees have always had severe troubles understanding and grasping the English language. Maybe submit another ticket requesting Dan Stahl or StormShade read it over.
Lt. Commander
# 10
09-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Nah,

I've already submitted two tickets about it and I've got a "get over it" vibe from the last reply I got from support. Also, I seem to be the only one to have an issue with this (no other Widow owner posted in this thread).

Besides, if you look at the Widow's decription on the dev blog (for which I posted a link in my op) you'll see this:

Quote:
+5 Weapon Power, +5 Engine Power
Tetryon Beam Array that increases in effectiveness as you level
Thermionic Torpedo Launcher that increases in effectiveness as you level
Can equip cannons
Considering that all the things that fly in STO can equip cannons, can't you conclude, as I just did after reading the blog again, that the devs tried to find a way to say that the widow could only be equipped with single cannons (as far as cannons go) in spite of the fact that they call it a fighter?