Lieutenant
# 1 Just a tought...
09-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Hey fellow starfleet captains.

Just wanted to know if its possible/viable in a near future, Cryptic doing an Constitution class retrofit? Because I like its desing style (come on its the Enterprise!) but refited to today firepower..

Is it possible?

Thx already for your time
Captain
# 2
09-01-2012, 07:08 PM
Well, you have the T1 Constitution... you also have the fact CBS won't allow a T5 Constitution or Miranda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramming Speed at its finest.
[Combat (Self)] Your Ramming Speed III deals 158125 (201492) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to [Player's Scimitar].
The Great Risian Witch Hunt - a random five minute foundry mission!
Check out my STO Youtube channel!
Why are you hovering over my signature? Play my foundry missions! :-)
Career Officer
# 3
09-01-2012, 07:39 PM
Sorry, the closest you will come to that is the Excalibur and Exeter class ships.
NO to ARC!

Season 9.5 = STO's NGE is Here! Welcome to the Grind!

New Crafting = It's not Crafting, is an overblown Reputation System.
Career Officer
# 4
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Considering the spaceframe is 200 years old, there is no way it will be able to take or survive yet another retrofit. That's why it is a T1: It is barely combat-worthy as it is now.
Lieutenant
# 5
09-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Its because copyrights? Well they made an retrofit of the galaxy class, or the copyright only applies to TOS?, either way it cant be done a an whole new cruiser but keeping the Constitution class design/rememberance?

thx for the replies
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-01-2012, 07:51 PM
1000 day vet reward
Captain
# 7
09-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I thought it was a given that the ship only resembles a 200 year old design but is built using modern technologies.
In any case the TOS Enterprise has a nostalgic value but in my opinion looks fragile and primitive compared to modern designs.
Captain
# 8
09-01-2012, 08:08 PM
It is only a rumor for it being a 1000 day vet reward. Just like the Wells Class ship. It will be at least a couple of weeks before the devs confirm what it is since people like me that purchased a lifetime subscription in beta will reach 1000 days at October 11.

Making the TOS Enterprise into a Tier 5 ship makes as much sense as adding 130 mm Naval guns and surface to air missiles to a 16th Century Galleon.
Career Officer
# 9
09-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxvitor View Post
I thought it was a given that the ship only resembles a 200 year old design but is built using modern technologies.
That is the NX. The description specifically says it is a replica. That means it is built with modern materials to modern specifications. The TOS Constitution isn't. They are museum pieces.
Starfleet Veteran
# 10
09-01-2012, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by caio492 View Post
Its because copyrights? Well they made an retrofit of the galaxy class, or the copyright only applies to TOS?, either way it cant be done a an whole new cruiser but keeping the Constitution class design/rememberance?
Hate to burst your bubble, but until CBS (who controls the License and IP for Star Trek) changes their mind, you will never see the TOS Constitution or the Constitution Refit at the higher levels. For the last 2.5 years, the question of having a T5 Connie has been brought up and shot down with everytime the killer of the idea was CBS. Maybe someone with a better "search fu" than I can find you the past posts but it doesn't matter how much we (as fans) want to fly that ship, they keep saying no.

You can continue to hold out hope but I wouldn't hold your breath for it as you will be past Smurf blue and 6 feet under.
Matt Miracle

Fleet Commander in Chief for Covenant of Honor [FED] (formerly Task Force A.W.O.L.)
House Leader for Honorable House or Mor'gue [KDF]