Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 110
# 21
09-01-2012, 01:25 PM
bad idea.. the way it is now works.. the way you want is going to make this possible..
assault cruiser, 7 deg turn
rcs x2 at +8 each, now we have a modified turn of 23..

that is A LOT for a cruiser.. too much.. as much as the b'rel bop retrofit.

as it is now, you get 7 base +35% x2 = 11.9 if they calculate the % off the base only.. much more cruiser like..


see how this can be abused?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,462
# 22
09-01-2012, 01:33 PM
People are neglecting the skill Impulse Thrusters. RCS adds some percent of the ship's base turn rate. For a ship with points in Impulse Thrusters, the actual benefit of RCS in percent is even less than what it says on the box.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
# 23
09-01-2012, 02:14 PM
OP: "Hi, I want RCS Consoles to give absolute increases instead of relative increases because I don't understand basic concepts."
Myself: "I can't believe they'd request absolute increases over relative increases, it makes no sense."
OP: "You're jumoing to conclusions! Incorrect ones at that!"

I hope he's trolling. The alternative is too sad to even consider.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 432
# 24
09-01-2012, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiscustodiet View Post
...I hope he's trolling. The alternative is too sad to even consider.
So ... if you don't understand someone, and they tell you you don't they must be trolling because clearly you do understand them? I seriously suggest you ask a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstamo01 View Post
Not understanding why we should Nerf the Escort crowd in all of this...
If I can pick on someone? (sorry gstamo)

What's to nerf? The RCS console heavy favors escorts. As far as I know it's the only console outside a field generator and a science ship that favors any ship class.

The suggestion would make it neutral, and what's more, there is the unspoken assumption it would clearly break the game when no game breaking numbers have even put in the game.

You might be able to tell me a escort's turn rate and speed are a game feature. You're not going to tell me the ability to engage or disengage a target at will with no working counter is somehow a feature.
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 346
# 25
09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy View Post
So ... if you don't understand someone, and they tell you you don't they must be trolling because clearly you do understand them? I seriously suggest you ask a question.
What??? What is this? It's not even the same moron (maybe another account?)! Morons are just erupting from nowhere! Morons with massive Donning-Kruger, at that!
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 486
# 26
09-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarons8 View Post
bad idea.. the way it is now works.. the way you want is going to make this possible..
assault cruiser, 7 deg turn
rcs x2 at +8 each, now we have a modified turn of 23..

that is A LOT for a cruiser.. too much.. as much as the b'rel bop retrofit.

as it is now, you get 7 base +35% x2 = 11.9 if they calculate the % off the base only.. much more cruiser like..


see how this can be abused?
I can see how that could be abused...but keep in mind, the number I used for the console was pretty much just a number I pulled out of thin air; it definitely would not be +8, unless the devs were trolling us.

There are also diminishing returns on consoles to take into consideration, but I don't have the exact values in front of me at the moment.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 99
# 27
09-01-2012, 08:43 PM
I like the idea of just boosting all turn speeds on all ships and nixing the console entirely. You can load a ship like the Vo'quv down with them and it will still turn unbearably slow. I don't mind escorts turning a little faster if it means I can fly a Vo'quv without wanting to gouge my eyes out. Seriously. Would it really hurt to bump it up a bit?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,983
# 28
09-02-2012, 02:52 AM
I've always advocated giving it a dual bonus. So right now blue Mk 11 gives +35% I think, I would adjust that to say a +2 strait bonus along with a +20% bonus.

Still better on escorts, but if you want to waste 2 engie slots to make your boat turn like a...slightly more nimble boat you can.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,457
# 29
09-02-2012, 01:30 PM
You're asking for a huge boost to cruisers w/o thinking through what ships w/5 Tac Consoles 4 DHCs 4 Turrets DEM3 Plas Leech and Tet Glider would be able to do. With diminishing returns on armor resists losing 2 out of 4 eng consoles isn't a significant loss at all. I know b/c I use a similar setup already w/a Fleet KDF cruiser which has only 4 Tac consoles, but a cloak.

Why not just ask for a level up so weapon power levels on all ships get boosted to offset the crap ton of defensive boosts that have shown up in the past year. It'll make the 8 Beam Array builds better since their pressure damage has increased and the DPS ships damage has increased on targets weakened by your FaW 8 Broad Beam cruiser. Or just roll a KDF for 1 of their cruisers. Or acquire one of the lotto cruisers.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,983
# 30
09-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
You're asking for a huge boost to cruisers w/o thinking through what ships w/5 Tac Consoles 4 DHCs 4 Turrets DEM3 Plas Leech and Tet Glider would be able to do. With diminishing returns on armor resists losing 2 out of 4 eng consoles isn't a significant loss at all. I know b/c I use a similar setup already w/a Fleet KDF cruiser which has only 4 Tac consoles, but a cloak.

Why not just ask for a level up so weapon power levels on all ships get boosted to offset the crap ton of defensive boosts that have shown up in the past year. It'll make the 8 Beam Array builds better since their pressure damage has increased and the DPS ships damage has increased on targets weakened by your FaW 8 Broad Beam cruiser. Or just roll a KDF for 1 of their cruisers. Or acquire one of the lotto cruisers.
Ok then why not just have every console effect a base number on the ship. I mean after all, why should an escort with 4 engineering consoles get the same amount of resist as a cruiser that doesn't make sense either. Escorts should only get half the bonus from them. Better yet don't let them apply any resist to the hull but increase the amount of resist granted from boff abilities! woot for random overly complex mechanics!

And lets not stop there, all science consoles that modify a skill should do it by a % of your captain skill. No more slotting in a resist console or two without the skill points to back it up.

The ONLY way this would be an issue is if the flat bonus was huge which is not what anyone is recommending.

and the skill Impulse Thrusters is complete garbage (nearly) giving an even smaller bonus than an RCS console for a bunch of valuable skill points. It also provides a relative increase.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:09 AM.