Starfleet Veteran
# 1 STO needs more LCARS
02-14-2013, 10:35 AM
It needs a more "LCARSy" feel. At the moment it is just whatever is going on a blue buttons. Where is the zazzy yellow and scary reds (at red alert)

Pictures of LCARS displays just in case you do not know what I mean

From Nemesis which I quite like
Another one

What I am trying to say is we need different colours to make it feel more like Trek and perhaps some of the patterns.

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-14-2013, 10:42 AM
I think it needs more COWBELL!

sorry had to. But I agree, a UI that looks more Star Trek like! that would make this more like a real trek game!
Community Moderator
# 3
02-14-2013, 10:49 AM
They've got somebody working on more LCARS for the UI.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-14-2013, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syberghost View Post
TOP MEN, no doubt.
Career Officer
# 5
02-14-2013, 10:59 AM
Quote:
yepp... the same dude who made the *new signs on ESD* !

*not sure if i should be excited or worried about this*
...and apparently it is just a visual update, not a code update, so the high framerate cost of the UI running on one CPU Core slowing everything else down is not solved by this update either.

...at least if i interpret dStahls vague info scraps on this topic correct.

Last edited by zerobang; 02-14-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
# 6
02-14-2013, 11:00 AM
LCARS looks nice, but in practice it cluttered up my old smart phone screen very badly Certain buttons were often difficult to locate quickly.
Community Moderator
# 7
02-14-2013, 11:01 AM
ThomasTheCat, actually, so yeah; top men.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-14-2013, 11:10 AM
Quote:
ThomasTheCat, actually, so yeah; top men.
oh, the sign guy?
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
02-14-2013, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shar487a View Post
LCARS looks nice, but in practice it cluttered up my old smart phone screen very badly Certain buttons were often difficult to locate quickly.
Not for mine ... mine is just better with LCARS and I just remember where the buttons are for what apps and stuff

Proof that we ALL being MINDCONTROLLED!!! (Possibly 1984 style) Click here to find out more!
Career Officer
# 10
02-14-2013, 11:21 AM
if that ESD sign incident has shown one thing, then it is that if you change something that people are used to (in case of the UI 3 years now) it can either be really awesome, or go really really bad.

All i would ask for is for this to be developed in front of the players so we can give live feedback and influence where it goes before it goes in a wrong direction somewhere that might not be changeable later.

Throwing a finished job in our face might go either way, no matter how awesome the Dev's think it is.

You know those people that made the Windows 8 UI are real proud of themself too... *never ever gonna touch that %$%*