Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > The Academy
Login

Lt. Commander
I don't know if this is the right forum for this question.If not, i guess it will be moved. I'm a FTP member now but was interested in the 3 month gold membership onsale right now.I was wondering if i got it what happens to the extra slots on bank and inventory i'm givin when it's up and if i don't resubscribe? Also, since i already bought some bank and inventory slots,extra duty officers and the energy cap increase from c-store ,i would hope they didn't get taken off since i paid for them before the gold membership.Do the benefits go to all my characters? What happens if i have items in my bank and inventory slots and at the end of the subscription and they take them away, where do the items go? I went to the FAQ's but didn't find any answers.thanks for any info or links.
Captain
# 2
09-01-2012, 06:43 AM
Every indication is that you get to keep the benefits on all existing characters - and anything you have purchased additional just adds to the Gold increase.
Commander
# 3
09-01-2012, 06:52 AM
Yep, you get the bonuses while being subed and you keep some of them afterwards. Bank, BO slots, EC cap, etc. The ones you don't get are the 500 Zen, and veteran day counter.

Kyle
Delta Fleet Command
Lt. Commander
# 4
09-01-2012, 07:00 AM
Sounds like its worth it then for all that and the 500 zen a month.guess i better get it before it goes off sale.thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 5
09-01-2012, 07:13 AM
I might have screwed up. it says Champions online, not Star Trek. I must of subscribed to the wrong game somehow.Not sure what to do now. Star Trek subscription still says "inactive'.Why would they put a game i have nothing to do with on my subscription page? I thought it was the "Gold" version of STO so i picked it. I tried to cancel it but paypal might have already went through.If it had listed ALL the games that show up when you transfer zen, i wouldn't have messed up and picked Star Trek from the list but that ONE game on my subsciption page? I bet i'm not the only person that subscribed to it thinking it was a "gold" version of Star Trek. They need to remove that game from peoples subscription page unless the person is playing that game to keep others from messing up and clicking on it.

Last edited by possumlips; 09-01-2012 at 08:10 AM.
Career Officer
# 6
09-01-2012, 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by possumlips View Post
I might have screwed up. it says Champions online, not Star Trek. I must of subscribed to the wrong game somehow.Not sure what to do now. Star Trek subscription still says "inactive'.Why would they put a game i have nothing to do with on my subscription page?.
No worries, Cryptic credit card charges always show up as 'Champions Online' as this is the name they used (before STO even existed) to register with the Credit Card company...

Now just give them 1 to 2 business days for the paperwork to be proccessed...
Lt. Commander
# 7
09-04-2012, 05:15 AM
I got my 500 zen yesterday but my subscription says 63 days, not the 3 monthspecial i signed up for sept. 1st.Seems like yesterday it said 60. point something. today it says 63. i hope it goes up to the 3 months special i clicked on for a limited time for $29.99.
Lieutenant
# 8
09-04-2012, 06:32 AM
When you go gold you get to keep all your previous benefits/purchases.
When you stop subscribing you get to keep
  • BO slots
  • bank slots
  • inventory slots
Character slots are a special case, as long as you keep all 3 slots you have as a gold member filled you can play all 3 characters. If you delete one of your characters after you stop subscribing you might loose that slot. I did that some time ago, and did not loose the slot, others have reported loosing that slot.
That huge mess they seem to have with character slots even extends to purchased slots, some people have reported that they had 3 characters active (former gold subs) and then received only one additional slot when they bought the 2 character slots package on the Z-store.
Again i was lucky, i did that and still got the 2 additional slots i purchased.

The one important thing you do not get to keep is the EC cap. If you want to be able to have more than 10 million EC on a character you need to buy the increase in the store (one time purchase for all your characters).

Also note that the gold benefits mentioned above are only for preexisting characters and characters created while the subscription is active. If you level a new character after your subscription has ended this character will not get the additional bank and inventory slots you other characters might have.

One final (and slightly weird) benefit are respec tokens: you get a free token every time you gain a rank (every 10 levels + one at level 45), but NOTretroactive. So existing VA characters do not get any respec tokens, only characters you level up during your subscription get the tokens (and get to keep them after the subscription ends).
Empire Veteran
# 9
09-04-2012, 07:26 AM
I have both the CE & Digital Deluxe Editions, will i also get the extra (gold membership) benefits?
Lieutenant
# 10
09-04-2012, 08:31 AM
I have a Digital Deluxe Edition. When I came back after the game went f2p my main character had all the benefits a subscriber with a character would have at that level.
Since that character was level 35 (if I remember correctly) I had a bigger inventory and bank, and I might have had a few extra BO slots (did not really pay attention to those).
I also could claim my DD bonus items in the C-store under "Legacy Items".

An account created with a Digital Deluxe or Collectors Edition is not automatically a gold account. You keet whatever benefits/unlocks those editions give you, but to get gold status you need to subscribe or get a lifetime membership.