Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Ensign
# 11
09-16-2012, 10:45 AM
We're very proud of our fleet community of roleplayers. As much as we enjoy interactions in game, their log entries, fleet memos, and operation orders help so much set the mood of the game for us and keep us connected when we're "off game," whatever that place is called!

Here, in its entirety, is the most recent log entry by Captain Aevis of the USS Templar, one of the anchors of the fleet- including his incorporation of our current member recruitments into the IC world of the fleet.

Captain?

Quote:
Begin Log entry Captain Aevis, Brysan. Stardate 90313.48
Standard Encryption matrix. B-7-Sigma

313.48. I can scarcely recall the last time I made a log entry under my own personnel file. I have of late been depending to much on my XO to make og entries for me. Being quite aware of everything that goes on in my mind they are more than capable of filing such logs. However my Counselor has advised me not to rely on the bond and the assurance that my XO will record any relevant information. So where to begin. 313.48. So much has happened in the intervening time. Obviously more recent activities will seem more pressing but with litte context with lack of precious documentation. But I digress.

The Templar recently returned from a rather intensive patrol along the border region. it seems we arrived just in time for a Task Force Avalon inspection. My lucky day both Admiral Rez and Hunter were present. The brass present was nearly more than what Avalon could muster. One other captain, and one rather haggard looking Luitenant Commander neither of whom I had met previously.

I make it a point to read the personnel and psych evaluation of all new TFA Captains and XO's, but the list that was transmitted to Templar when we reentered comm range was quite frankly astounding. It seems that the 26th beat enough drums and finally got Command to send us some more ships. Im not sure which of the Admirals ticked off the C.I.C. but one look at the Starbase yards shows a collection of ships in various stages of retrofitting, prototype platforms, ships down for repairs or even ships being completly rebuilt since a short stint at Utopia Planitia. Seems for every ship we have out on the front, two more are in need of drastic upgrades to be brought up to standard. They must be raiding the decommissioning yards to get us all the new ships we are seeing. But again, im way off point. What really set me to making entries in my personel log again was our new orders handed down during the Inspection.

It seems almost from the moment the Templar was launched that we have been thrown from one combat scenario to another. When we first Arrived at Praetorian it was little more than a chunk of meta in space, with a handfull of ships to protect her, the nearby colonies and the Klingon border. It didnt take long for Starfleet to order us to show the flag, make sure the Klingons knew we were there. And notice they did. Between Klingon Iniltration, Assaults on the base and repeated attempts to board the station, we had to deal with Klingons trying to hijack our ships and blow them up, and finaly the nanite infection scare, it seems the only time we stand down from Red Alert is to go to Yellow. While I have every faith in the Templar and her crew, even the best can only endure so much.

And then the sky opened up like a lunar dawn and a ray of light came tumbling in. New orders from the Brass. In conjunction with the efforts to refit the USS North Dakota Avalon now has the numbers to divers ships from regular patrol missions back to our Starfleet mandate of Exploration. Its easy to lose sight of who and what we really are with the constant struggle, but exploration is why we are out here.

It brings me back to my first assignment on the USS Vigilant. Three years we spend out in the unknown stretches of space. Visiting worlds that had only been scanned briefly by passing probes or ships, and in some cases planets that were completly unknown. We never knew what to expect next, from one day to the next we were always on ur toes always expecting the unexpected. And we reveled in it. We reestablished contact with cultures the Fedaration had not had contact with in many years, helped secure trade lines with more established worlds, and on 5 seperate occasions the Vigilant made first contact with an allien species. I cant help but remember these days with fondness, we were out there exploring the edges of space.

While it is unlikely the Templar will be engaging in such a broad exploratory endeavor I cant help but feel that we have a duty to these peoples. Not just in defending their border from some enemy the hardly know, but presenting them the face of a friend then WANT to know. Some of these colonies are established my member species of the federation, some are inhabited by species unaligned. It is our duty to help them on a personal level. Brig it home to them as it were. While we dont have to look far to find high population zones, the fact is that Praetorian sits near the edge of established Federation control. We are in an ideal situation to reach out, which is why I belive that so much effort is being put into the North Dakota.

As a side note I will have to ask Admiral Hunter about having the Templar out to the colonies. Even if its just a supply run, we need a break from combat.

Computer end log entry

Commanding Officer USS Templar NX-92565-C
Looking for an interesting roleplay community? You found us. Come fly with the 26th!

25th Fleet Website
Ensign
# 12
09-20-2012, 07:02 AM
I just tried this game for the first time last night. Over the last half a year I've become a huge Star Trek fan and I want to try a game in that universe. Definitely would like to learn the ropes and also get involved with RP. Any advice or help would be great!
Ensign
# 13
09-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Hey! Welcome to one of the most immersive roleplay environments out there. Between the diversity of space and planets and the user created content, we have so much playground.

Many of us are avid Trek fans, and love to help and teach others. I'd recommend you stop by our fleet website and read some of the great fan fiction related to our roleplay gamestyle.

There is no level restriction for entry into the fleet.

We'd be glad to get you started in the trek universe. Our OOC channel is always open for questions, and the fleet is very friendly. Come by and ask whatever you like.
Ensign
# 14
09-20-2012, 02:53 PM
As if the attacks from Klingons and Orions and some secret society weren't bad enough... now the equipment at Starbase 381 "Praetorian" is fighting back.

Quote:
[Engineering Advisory - 00562]

TO: All Personnel
SUBJECT: Replicator Usage

Engineering Advisory - First, I would like to notify all Starbase Praetorian personnel that the replicators on Deck Thirteen, Section Eight are fully operational once more. The issues reported concerning the taste of cleaning detergents in most food items replicated at these stations has been corrected. Secondly, we would request that all personnel use the replicators for their intended purpose. They are there for food and beverage replication, and summarily, disposal. The replicators are not to be recalibrated so that you may use them as mini laundromats simply because "it's too far of a walk" to turn in uniforms and undergarments for cleaning. Your adherence to this advisory would be greatly appreciated as no one wants to see a repeat of last evening's incident involving LTJG Korlah burping up bubbles after drinking a Raktajino from one of the affected replicators.

Thank you. That is all.

ENS Euphrati Kali
Engineering Team Alpha

[END Advisory - 00562]
Not just Klingons with bad taste... now we have Raktajino that tastes bad! Come enjoy the Trek universe with a group of friends who are completely committed to their roles! You can find out more by visiting our website at:

26th Fleet Communications
Ensign
# 15
09-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by serevanq View Post
Hey! Welcome to one of the most immersive roleplay environments out there. Between the diversity of space and planets and the user created content, we have so much playground.

Many of us are avid Trek fans, and love to help and teach others. I'd recommend you stop by our fleet website and read some of the great fan fiction related to our roleplay gamestyle.

There is no level restriction for entry into the fleet.

We'd be glad to get you started in the trek universe. Our OOC channel is always open for questions, and the fleet is very friendly. Come by and ask whatever you like.
I appreciate that! I will certainly try to get connected.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
10-07-2012, 09:39 AM
Tensions are mounting as intelligence suggests a massive wave of KDF forces are preparing to push past the Sea of Sorrows. Nerves are frayed and time is running short, as 381 adjusts to the arrival of a new Commanding Officer. Will the crew survive this latest attack or will the pressures of war and conflicting loyalties tear asunder what the KDF has yet to?

Quote:
ATTN: 26th Fleet - All commands, all personnel; Starbase 381 - All personnel
FRM: RADL J.N. Hunter
RE: Change of Command, SB381

Stardate 90354.57

Attention to orders...

Effective immediately, Captain Rhys S. Llywarch has been appointed the temporary Commanding Officer of Starbase 381, and in this capacity will report directly to myself and Admiral Rez. The crew of the USS Valiant will rotate through the station and various ships within the 26th Fleet, filling much needed roles that are currently vacant, owing to the realities of our wartime situation.

I continue to act as the Executive Flag Officer for the 26th Fleet, and will continue to operate out of Praetorian station. I will be assuming the direct supervision of all projects underway at our dockyard, and as such, Chief Scott will have two lines of reporting - to Captain Llywarch for station operational issues, and to me for the coordination of our dockyard initiatives, which will now include the repair of USS Valiant.

Some may think to call into question this assignment, following the recent collision between USS Valiant and the station. A recent board of inquiry has show that Captain Llywarch performed admirably in a situation that bordered on the infamous 'no-win scenario' many of us dreaded from the Academy. Any commanding officer that would display such tenacity and capability to make the best out of many terrible choices is one that I would readily have juggle the many burdens that he has now taken on.

Your support of Captain Llywarch in this new role is anticipated and appreciated.

RADL J.N. Hunter
Executive Officer, 26th Fleet
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website
Captain
# 17
10-10-2012, 09:52 AM
This is arguably the ONLY proper guild for serious pilots out here and I'd like to give you guys a try.

Let me know who to contact or send me an in-game tell to @carmenara

Look forward to hearing from you
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Ensign
# 18 Where do I signup
10-10-2012, 03:21 PM
Iv'e actually been wanting to rp a fighter pilot for some time now....this sounds awesome where can I get more info
Captain
# 19
10-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by babeans06 View Post
Iv'e actually been wanting to rp a fighter pilot for some time now....this sounds awesome where can I get more info
The 26th's website is here
http://26th-fleet.shivtr.com/

There is a link "apply to guild" on the top right of the page
STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
10-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara View Post
The 26th's website is here
http://26th-fleet.shivtr.com/

There is a link "apply to guild" on the top right of the page
Ding ding. The lady gets a prize

Praka is our fleet XO, and her alt is one of our fighter pilots. We're not a fighter pilot exclusive guild, but we do have a squadron that needs filling
Vice Admiral Corris Sprint (@sprint01)
Commanding Officer - 26th Fleet [RP]
Star Trek: Praetorian Official Website