Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 21
09-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
Breaking news - Fleet ships are superior to C-Store ships.
Breaking news... the person who sidetracked the thread wasn't just talking about ships. He was talking about all KDF Items: Ships, Uniforms, other clothing, etc. He was talking about Feds whining about wanting more when the KDF needs more.

Beyond that, better ships, for a large percentage of the players, are meaningless. The only people really caring about Fleet Ships are PvPers, and they're not a majority, or even a close-to minority, of the player-base.

I do elite STFs in my RA ships all the time without incident. I haven't need a 10-Console T5 ship to do them, and most of the player-based doesn't either. Fleet Ships are primarily PvP items. For everyone else they're just vanity items.

Quote:
I see you completely missed my point, which was a simple solution to the lack of (m)any new KDF C-Store ships. And that is, to introduce more Fleet versions of already existing ships. If you say there are way more potential buyers at the FED side, and Cryptic's going to put all its resources there, then KDF are being more and more left out. So if they're not planning on introducing anything completely new for this faction, then the least they could do is provide some variety through Fleet ships. Which they didn't, thus a lost potential.
Again, except you're the only one solely talking about ships. I think most KDF players want more then just ships added to the game.
Rihannsu
# 22
09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
You're contradicting yourself, you know that? It's the shipyard section, a thread about ships, and moreover a discussion which moved to Cryptic picking priorities when it comes to adding new *shock gasp* ships (and other content, yeah, sure).

Also:
>a discussion

I am not arguing about the priorities, as I fully understand the differences between potential FED player buyers, and KDF player buyers. My point, which I guess you once again missed, was a simple solution that could at least somewhat ease all that FED vs KDF war when it comes to new ships (or lack thereof for the KDF), and how Cryptic's failed at it. That's all.

On the previous page you criticised someone's reading comprehension skills, but I believe you need to work on those as well.

But yeah, that's EOT from me anyway.
Captain
# 23
09-02-2012, 02:12 PM
Your solution only benefits people choosing to use the Fleetbase system. That's why it's flawed, as the vast majority of players either aren't in Fleets or will never advance their Fleet to the point that they'll be able to take advantage of all the T2-T5 offers. The C-Store allows people to buy what they want.

And as I've now said twice, the purpose of this thread was to talk about Vesta, Wells, etc. Not get sidetracked into a "KDF needs more stuff" or "We can save the KDF buy putting more things into the Fleetbases" discussion, IMO. YMMV

Those topics should have their own threads - and they do.
Captain
# 24
09-02-2012, 04:08 PM
The Fasa andorian designs of

Andor class cruiser
Thurfir class destroyer
Ambassador class battleship

The Star trek Armada

New Orleans class cruiser

Really nice looking ships
Jellico....Engineer.....Stargazer KDF Tac
Saphire.. Science.....Ko'el Rom Kdf Tac
Leva........Tactical.....Mailu KDF Sci

JJ-Verse will never be Canon or considered Lore...It will always be JJ-Verse
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
09-02-2012, 04:13 PM
eeh the FASA stuff is a real grey area to be honest :s
cryptic managed to get the luna and vesta in game because they're in books liscened by cbs , but paramount revoked FASA's lisence a looong time ago

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_RPG_%28FASA%29

dont get me wrong , their are some fantastic ships designed under the FASA system , especially some frigates and destroyers based on the excelsior refit, its just the likelyhood of seeing them in game is stupidly low imo
12th Fleet
Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016

Last edited by rrincy; 09-02-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Commander
# 26
09-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaveks View Post
You're contradicting yourself, you know that? It's the shipyard section, a thread about ships, and moreover a discussion which moved to Cryptic picking priorities when it comes to adding new *shock gasp* ships (and other content, yeah, sure).

Also:
>a discussion

I am not arguing about the priorities, as I fully understand the differences between potential FED player buyers, and KDF player buyers. My point, which I guess you once again missed, was a simple solution that could at least somewhat ease all that FED vs KDF war when it comes to new ships (or lack thereof for the KDF), and how Cryptic's failed at it. That's all.

On the previous page you criticised someone's reading comprehension skills, but I believe you need to work on those as well.

But yeah, that's EOT from me anyway.
As the OP of this, I'm wondering how the thread got so sidetracked. It almost seems like deliberate sabotage.

I do NOT wish to turn this thread into 1 big "Fight Club" of postings, but some posters have likely already killed this thread anyway, but WHY bash thecosmic1 ? They have done nothing wrong.

To get back to what was originally posted (hopefully), to anyone, please read my original posting. What do you all think of ships that will be coming out over the coming months?? Anyone willing to take a stab and guess what the next 4 might be?
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Next 4 ships ? Wells + Klingon thingy, Vesta and then either Ambassador or my personal favourite Kumari. (Even though the last one may be just wishful thinking...)
Captain
# 28
09-04-2012, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lianthelia View Post
Federation keeps getting ship after ship after ship handed to them and all can do is greedily ask for more.

Why not be happy with what you have, wait patiently, and do some research?
People have been asking for the Ambassador since before launch, how is that "greedily ask(ing) for more"? The Ambassador make more sense to show up than some of the other designs, like the Cheyene (which we only ever saw in the Wolf 359 junkpile)...

THe Wells and Vesta, I could care less about.
Career Officer
# 29
09-04-2012, 01:10 PM
To the OP..

The Dev's never keep promises.. they should stop promising.

Its like when my parents told me Santa was real and he is coming in December.. year after year.. a big fat lie! Wah Why!
Captain
# 30
09-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
Fleet Ships are primarily PvP items. For everyone else they're just vanity items.
Well that just burst my bubble. I guess I am a vain mofo cuz I have an FPE, and rather like it XD.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Closed Thread