Starfleet Veteran
# 1 My wish list 2 years ago;)
09-02-2012, 09:53 PM
I posted this topic called my wish list. Well I found it while deleting book marks. So lets repost and see what we got 2 years later "This is the exact copy paste"

# 1 My wish 2.0
10-26-2010, 05:56 AM
First I love this game and as long as it continues at this pace I will play for a long time. I am posting today some of my wishes in game. Now some of these wishes have been addressed and working on. Others might be done soon. Some might take a year or so or even require a paid expansion. I don't mind paying $40 if this stuff gets included. This is my first MMO but as I was a Half-Life player I am used to expansion packs.

1. CLICK TO SIT!!!! 'yea I know its being work on" I also know its not a easy thing or it would of been done."
"Well we got that"

2. Assigned officers stations. I want to have a Chief engineer in the engine room. A cook in the gallery. Its Trek! Like Click to sit it should of been in game before the game was out. I bought 2 sets of 2 officers in Cstore and I would so buy more if I could put them some where.
"still waiting to see me CMO bridge officer in sickbay!"

3. Option to put my crew in the same uniforms.
"Just got the Oddy uniform from fleet base. Would love to see that on my NPC's"

4. More rooms in ship. "really that can wait until above is done."
"Yes we got that!!"

5. Holodeck on your ship so you can have some custom instant action fun.
"Got Foundary would love to access that in my Holodeck"

6. Being on your bridge when your ship is in flight.
"That is still a no go"

7. I don't mind sector space so much. I like seeing ships flying around in game. Makes the game feel.... Alive. But lets get rid of sector boarders. Just click and fly.
"I still have hopes for that"

8. Make you BO more life like. Allow them to get up and walk over to another station lean in and act like they are talking to someone.
"NPC's are doing it kinda still waiting for BO's"

9. View screen chat. Have you enemy pop on the view screen. Or even a private message from a friend. I don't mean real video. I mean simply pic up like it is now. But on view screen.
"Yea that is a pipe dream"

10. A open pvp star system. "I heard it is being worked on." But lets go one more step. Capture a base or planet and hold it.
"Kinda have a ground zone... But that would be a epic thing for pvp"

11. Animal life on planets. Maybe some that could hurt ya. I know it was talked about.
"yea we are seeing that a little now"

12. Shuttles that can land on planet.
"sigh"

13. Orbit option
"sigh

14. Fleet star bases. " I hear they are coming out but then I hear conflicting reports on what form they will be." Will it be a captains table type thing but with only your fleet can come. Or will it actually be a station in open space? Where people if they knew where to look can visit and ask to come aboard. I hope its the latter. I would like open systems where you stick one in. Maybe varying on size based on players in the fleet and credits. Maybe Dranza size when you have 20 player fleet. Huge space dock size when you have 200 players.
"hehe!" Love it!

15. More servers! I don't like all these instances in space dock. I know it is because of lag, But sometimes it makes STO appear... less players than there is.
"feels a little better"

16. More content for the other side I am federation but I would do the other if it had more content. But really I would rather them finish the one side before adding to the other. Its not being selfish its being practical. There should have been no klingon until they had the federation kinks worked out.
"I dont want to touch this one in fear of being killed"

17. EVA or more low gravity planets.
"YEA!"

18. More non canon ships or skins
"feeling better about this"

19. Injury system needs to be redone. I think when your ship is injured. It needs to show it! Not self repair but actually having to go back to space dock and repair. SHOW THE DAMAGE. The code it there. But the ship like a borg cube repairs the outside damage! We are not the borg! I would like to see what is done on trek 2, Voyager, and enterpise. I want to look damaged until I get into dock.
"I am still waiting!"

Yea this stuff was more trek window dressing 2 years ago and same today. But Cryptic has been doing a great job with a lot of this. Been a long 2 years
Captain
# 2
09-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmarsh View Post
"Just got the Oddy uniform from fleet base. Would love to see that on my NPC's"
Sorry, Im ignoring pretty much everything else... but whats this and pics please.
Starfleet Veteran
# 3
09-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Sorry, Im ignoring pretty much everything else... but whats this and pics please.
No problem boring thread. I make a bunch of those. As well as I ignore posters that ignore my boring threads
Commander
# 4
09-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
You ignore integral game mechanics to talk about a vanity item? Most illogical...
On a lesser note, I quite agree that its dissapointing to say the least that we haven't seen any of this yet. Cept the injury thing- I agree, ddamage should be visual, but I dislike the injury/damage system to begin with.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Captain
# 5
09-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dood98998 View Post
You ignore integral game mechanics to talk about a vanity item? Most illogical...
On a lesser note, I quite agree that its dissapointing to say the least that we haven't seen any of this yet. Cept the injury thing- I agree, ddamage should be visual, but I dislike the injury/damage system to begin with.
Except there a quite a few things on that list that we now have... and therefore dont really warrant attention.

As it is I dont PVP and dont care fore it, so anything regarding that doesnt interest me.

The Department Head officers appearing in their proper ship locations would be nice, but isnt needed at all.

etc.

Most of the things on that list are hardly "integral" game mechanics. As such, Im happy with how the game plays as it is now... (Im unhappy with the STF loot system but that doesnt affect how the game itself plays.)

As it is, the only thing on the list above is about a vanity item. And quite frankly I play the game both to fly a starship and to have fun customizing my character. So yes, the vanity item is the only thing I care about. I'd love to see what it looks like.