Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Shipyards
Login

Captain
# 51
11-20-2012, 12:28 AM
I say it again, the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit. Tanks better than assault cruisers, turns like Excelsior, Slides like Negh'Var Don't let the shield modifier fool you, it actually has a lot better shields.
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
11-20-2012, 01:24 AM
The galor class solved all my problems with these. I'll probably never play another cruiser, will end up putting my eng in a 1000 day vet ship i bet.

Had the best luck with a tac oddy with 7 beams and a 180 firing beam fire at will 3, attack pattern beta 1, torp spread 1 and 2...

running cannons on excelsior and using the temporal DEM boff is magnificent.
Rihannsu
# 53
11-20-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwig77 View Post
The galor class solved all my problems with these. I'll probably never play another cruiser, will end up putting my eng in a 1000 day vet ship i bet.

Had the best luck with a tac oddy with 7 beams and a 180 firing beam fire at will 3, attack pattern beta 1, torp spread 1 and 2...

running cannons on excelsior and using the temporal DEM boff is magnificent.
told ya so
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Captain
# 54
11-20-2012, 05:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
I say it again, the fleet heavy cruiser retrofit. Tanks better than assault cruisers, turns like Excelsior, Slides like Negh'Var Don't let the shield modifier fool you, it actually has a lot better shields.
i only hear good stuff about that ship actually. if only it haden't that awefull model...should add an excelsior skin for that ship, or an assault cruiser skin (since the fleet AC is still not coming)
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 55
11-20-2012, 05:24 AM
The model is actually awesome. In pvp half the people think you are prometheus, the other half thing you are vet ship, while you are really tanky cruiser !
Ensign
# 56
11-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
THANK you all so much for this thread. As a LONG time Excelsior Retrofit user, I recently treid the Regent (Ody is just too big) and I have found this all very useful.

I'm a Tac, so I really like the Excelsior's turn rate over the other two. I disagree with the folks calling the Excelsior's ensign engineering station a waste... I miss it TERRIBLY on the Regent.

My stations are:
Tac: (Lt.Cmdr.) TT1, FAWII, BOIII
Eng: (Cmdr) EPShld1, RSP1, DEMII, SIFIII
Eng: (Lt.) ET1, EPAuxII
Eng: (Ens.) EPWeap1
Sci: (Lt.) TSS1, HEII

This is probably very out of date, but the one that was mentioned was the Transfer Shield Strength III in place of Directed Energy Modulation II (a skill that I use, but am always inclined to give up).

Maybe the Ambassador Class will answer all of our prayers lol