Commander
So, I'm attempting my first Foundry mission. I've got to say, I have a new found respect for the works that I have seen up to now. Spending 10 minutes to get a door to fit right. Another 20 to get some nothing background character to sit in a chair.

Anyway, my issue of the moment. I have a scene that involves a linear series of progressively more difficult battles. I have 12 NPC groups all spawning along a narrow corridor. The reason for this is explained in the story. I enter the first engagement just as planned. The battle goes on, the enemy explodes and I move on the the second engagement.

This is when things start to get wonky. Before I reach the second group, I get enemy spawning behind me. This wouldn't be so bad, except they are so far back, I have to turn around and journey back to engage them. Which, really goes against the set up I created in the story. Then, when attempting the third engagement, everything just goes to crap.

Enemy are spawning everywhere and anywhere. except for where I placed them. Most well outside of the (server generated, I might add) indicated area of action.

Is there some trick to getting multiple NPC groups to spawn exactly where I indicate?

EDIT: I think I may have found the solution. I deleted everything, then began recreating the battle using one "kill the enemy" task per 2 encounters, instead of having one task with 12 encounters. So far, it seems to be working. I'm up to 6 encounters, with everyone spawning where they should. I've been working on this project so long, my eyes are starting to bleed, so the full battle will have to wait.

Last edited by xapocalypseponyx; 09-02-2012 at 08:07 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
09-02-2012, 08:56 PM
Season 6 seems to have a bug on space maps that sometimes causes enemies to respawn after they die.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.