Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Career Officer
Ticket 1,393,806.

I bought a Rare Bartender (Chular) off the Exchange to use for Doff missions. It is never shown as a choice for the mission (and it's a mission FOR bartenders!!!) Even when I view the entire Doff roster during Doff selection, it is not there. But when I check my basic Doff roster it is there. What is going on?
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Career Officer
# 2
09-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Duty officers are faction specific. The bartender you purchased is a klingon doff. You can send it to your klingon character if you have one or try to resell it on the exchange.

I'm assuming you purchased it for a federation character.
http://www.the-bums.com
Career Officer
# 3
09-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnynormus View Post
Duty officers are faction specific. The bartender you purchased is a klingon doff. You can send it to your klingon character if you have one or try to resell it on the exchange.

I'm assuming you purchased it for a federation character.

Portrait doesn't have the red border like other Klingon doffs do, it has a blue one. But I'll mail it to my KDF and see what happens. . . . . .

. . . . Damn you, Cryptic. Only common doffs have red outlines! Fix the damn doff portraits so we can tell WHICH FACTION THEY BELONG TO!!! OR put some notice on the doff dossier saying which one!

Guess I have to guess and pray the doff I buy next is for Fed side.

Last edited by dracounguis; 09-03-2012 at 09:24 AM.
Career Officer
# 4
09-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post
Portrait doesn't have the red border like other Klingon doffs do, it has a blue one. But I'll mail it to my KDF and see what happens. . . . . .

. . . . Damn you, Cryptic. Only common doffs have red outlines! Fix the damn doff portraits so we can tell WHICH FACTION THEY BELONG TO!!! OR put some notice on the doff dossier saying which one!

I'd rather see them create an internl flag so that opposite faction doffs you can't use on the character you're browsing with simply DO NOT DISPLAY. they do it for the C-Store, so it has to be possible.
Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012 http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91861979000&dateline=  1340755546
PWE Drone says, "Your STO community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
Career Officer
# 5
09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticarmsman View Post
I'd rather see them create an internal flag so that opposite faction doffs you can't use on the character you're browsing with simply DO NOT DISPLAY. they do it for the C-Store, so it has to be possible.
I don't even attempt to dream that big where Cryptic is involved. It's been 3+ years of seeing opposite faction Boffs afterall...

Lt. Commander
# 6
09-03-2012, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dracounguis View Post

While I agree that some sort of indicator icon would help immensely, it is possible to tell which faction a doff belongs to. You just have to be very observant and look very very carefully at the background behind the doff, to see whether they have the UFP or KDF seal.
Empire Veteran
# 7
09-03-2012, 09:34 PM
The exchange search engine needs to be completely rebuilt from the ground up.