Career Officer
# 21
09-05-2012, 05:32 AM
I've got fleet gear and set gear, the fleet gear might have better numbers but doesn't hold anything up to the massive dodge bonus the omega set gives you, marginally better shields compared to 100+ dodge? No thanks. Even the maco shield set gives you a shield heal and will out perform the basic fleet gear.

It doesn't take a month on Defera to get a Fractal remodulator... My entire bridge crew has them. The fractal remodulator feels much faster than the standard, but once you go to the set one you won't want to go back.
Captain
# 22
09-05-2012, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicha0 View Post
I've got fleet gear and set gear, the fleet gear might have better numbers but doesn't hold anything up to the massive dodge bonus the omega set gives you, marginally better shields compared to 100+ dodge? No thanks. Even the maco shield set gives you a shield heal and will out perform the basic fleet gear.

It doesn't take a month on Defera to get a Fractal remodulator... My entire bridge crew has them. The fractal remodulator feels much faster than the standard, but once you go to the set one you won't want to go back.
Ha, quite laughable. Fleet has bigger variety in setups while Maco and Omega is stuck with one type set up. My Shield has quicker recharge than MACO or Omega, and better resistance to plasma weapons. My body armor has better resistance to rooting and holds than the STF stuff, it heals hit points faster. You obviously have to pick the right setup that gets the job done but its its more affective than the old STF stuff. My weapon is more effective against the Borg, plus it helps to have the Tholian DOFF that helps ground damage against the Borg. With a slow modulator I have to shoot, run, and hide to wait for reset, because I'm usually the last guy living after the Elite Tac Drone killed everybody on my team.
Captain
# 23
09-05-2012, 07:36 AM
i personally believe the set boni from both sets outweigh or atleast compensate for the higher stats on advanced fleet gear.

+ you are still able to use one weapon of your choice. i use a fleet advance AP compression pistol with my sci or a split beam.

i havent seen all the elite fleet ground gear yet. If somebody could provide some stats, plz.
what choice of personal shields/armor do we have? what are the stats?

from what i know, the weapons are rather limited, and are the same + a execute function on disruptors and a small shield heal on phasers.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 24
09-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
i personally believe the set boni from both sets outweigh or atleast compensate for the higher stats on advanced fleet gear.

+ you are still able to use one weapon of your choice. i use a fleet advance AP compression pistol with my sci or a split beam.

i havent seen all the elite fleet ground gear yet. If somebody could provide some stats, plz.
what choice of personal shields/armor do we have? what are the stats?

from what i know, the weapons are rather limited, and are the same + a execute function on disruptors and a small shield heal on phasers.
Actually you can go look at them on at your fleet starbase weapon shopt on OPS level. You can't buy them uness your fleet has ground provisions.
Captain
# 25
09-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Ha, quite laughable. Fleet has bigger variety in setups while Maco and Omega is stuck with one type set up. My Shield has quicker recharge than MACO or Omega, and better resistance to plasma weapons. My body armor has better resistance to rooting and holds than the STF stuff, it heals hit points faster. You obviously have to pick the right setup that gets the job done but its its more affective than the old STF stuff. My weapon is more effective against the Borg, plus it helps to have the Tholian DOFF that helps ground damage against the Borg. With a slow modulator I have to shoot, run, and hide to wait for reset, because I'm usually the last guy living after the Elite Tac Drone killed everybody on my team.
There, you're very wrong. Maximum stats dont always means best item. What i mean by this? your fleet shield is better alone than the Maco or Omega alone, but this items dont work like this, the breaking point of this items is that they have passives and actives bonuses achievables by using 2 or 3 pieces. And thats why the MACO set is the BEST for survivality and the Omega the best for Damage.

With the MACO you have the best shield heal (Emergency Shield Capacitor), and with Omega you have a great damage resistance (Distortion Field). All this plus the insta remodulation

And now if you're the last guy living infront an Elite Drone then your team is doing something really really wrong. What class are you? an engi? use Weapons Malfunction so the drone cant shoot from Enemy Neutrlization kit! a sci? use the heals from the Medic kit to be immortal! a tact? use Ambush + secondary fire from a shotgun to blow the drone in pieces from Fire Team/Operative kit!. If you still are the last standing man ALWAYS and ALWAYS go melee, the Elite Drone wont shoot you, it only will punch you with his arm, and there you have A LOT of chances of survivability while you finish him with your gun (by melee i mean stick with the drone, face to face, dont use melee attacks, keep using your guns, the dron wont shoot you!)

With XII Omega/MACO you're NOT immortal, this items are a slightly better than the XI ones, the main difference is the visual
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com

Last edited by mrkollins; 09-05-2012 at 09:39 PM.
Captain
# 26
09-05-2012, 11:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexindcobra View Post
Actually you can go look at them on at your fleet starbase weapon shopt on OPS level. You can't buy them uness your fleet has ground provisions.
yes thats true if you have the t3 replicator finished, otherwise you have only the option for advanced weapons. and the vendor only shows you his advanced weapons.
i still have 6 days to wait for my fleet elite ground weapons and armor.
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 27
09-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
There, you're very wrong. Maximum stats dont always means best item. What i mean by this? your fleet shield is better alone than the Maco or Omega alone, but this items dont work like this, the breaking point of this items is that they have passives and actives bonuses achievables by using 2 or 3 pieces. And thats why the MACO set is the BEST for survivality and the Omega the best for Damage.

With the MACO you have the best shield heal (Emergency Shield Capacitor), and with Omega you have a great damage resistance (Distortion Field). All this plus the insta remodulation

And now if you're the last guy living infront an Elite Drone then your team is doing something really really wrong. What class are you? an engi? use Weapons Malfunction so the drone cant shoot from Enemy Neutrlization kit! a sci? use the heals from the Medic kit to be immortal! a tact? use Ambush + secondary fire from a shotgun to blow the drone in pieces from Fire Team/Operative kit!. If you still are the last standing man ALWAYS and ALWAYS go melee, the Elite Drone wont shoot you, it only will punch you with his arm, and there you have A LOT of chances of survivability while you finish him with your gun (by melee i mean stick with the drone, face to face, dont use melee attacks, keep using your guns, the dron wont shoot you!)

With XII Omega/MACO you're NOT immortal, this items are a slightly better than the XI ones, the main difference is the visual
In your opinion only do the STF gear seems best for you. I don' have the LVL XII stuff so I won't know, but I do know that my fleet ground weapons are better than the STF XI stuff, and my shield and body armor keeps me surviving longer then the STF stuff. Its a matter of testing these equipment, not just by saying or following stats stated by the gear. I have been playing STF's long to know what works and what doesn't. STF XI gear no longer works for me, now I have the Fleet suff the keeps me living longer. Thats results, and not gimmics. The only thing slowing me down is a slow modulator. I have not been lucky enough to get the STF lvl XII gear yet, but if I didn't give up on getting them or I would of quit playing STF ground a long time ago.
Captain
# 28
09-06-2012, 10:38 AM
there is virtually no difference in stats between the XI and XII sets. If you feel like XI doesn't work for you anymore...then XII won't change that.

I agree that the fleet armor is a major upgrade to both armors...if you put them alone...but as a set they still outperform the advanced fleet gear, especially in stfs.

the fleet advanced gear is therefore not better than the maco/Omega/KHG gear, but also not much weaker if you are fighting normal mobs. against borg, the sets will allways outperform fleet gear...simply because of the set bonus.
Go pro or go home