# 3
09-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean2448 View Post
can't get shield to many newbs runing infected space elite
when can you make them just do normal first
tired of 2hr missions they don't get elite nerfed for fleet gear
my idea:
make it so no one on your ignore list can be put in an stf w/ you.
the guy doing the ignoring has priority in the que.
it wouldnt be perfect, but would be pretty effective.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines
Commander
# 4
09-02-2012, 02:43 AM
ignore will never work anyone have 200 players in ignore list so it can easy happend that any player is in anyones ignore list so never more a random mission will start.

if you will do perfect runs do it with your fleet or friends in privat missions.

and the other point in infected space it can be done easy solo only serious firepower needet if you run 2 hours a infected mission with 5 players it is possible that the threat opener have nothing to search there to.
Commander
# 5
09-02-2012, 02:54 AM
You could try something novel and be nice to newbies. Asking a question or two when the match starts or using even a few drops of mercy goes along way. Both ensure the next group they run with has a better player, and vastly improve the odds of recovering from mistakes.

If I can be blunt? Most of the problems I've had with STFs are just brand spanking new players that don't have anyone they can ask questions, and all the "older" (I will not say mature) players showing a need for anger management the first time something even looks like it might not be perfect.
Lt. Commander
# 6
09-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy View Post
You could try something novel and be nice to newbies. Asking a question or two when the match starts or using even a few drops of mercy goes along way. Both ensure the next group they run with has a better player, and vastly improve the odds of recovering from mistakes.

If I can be blunt? Most of the problems I've had with STFs are just brand spanking new players that don't have anyone they can ask questions, and all the "older" (I will not say mature) players showing a need for anger management the first time something even looks like it might not be perfect.
What? They have 4 others to ask, what they are supposed to do or they could look up guides.

If they don't ask, it is THEIR fault and their failure. The worst thing is, that a lot of players simply ignore the chat anyway and screw the STF up, even if they got a heads-up at the beginning.
Commander
# 7
09-02-2012, 04:39 AM
And reading through those guide long after the fact and always thinking "I know nothing unless they tell me."? It's like sifting through salt for sugar. That is to say, I found them less then useful. (Why don't I add my own guides? Working on it.)

Instead of getting helpful answers they get told to get lost or raged at. When I do see someone ask a question? Without fail one of the "4 others" makes a rude comment. So, I not only have to take the time to do my job, and answer the question? I not have to handle a kid from raging out.

Why don't they seek guides or ask questions? You answered your own question, gerudon.

Last edited by resoundingenvoy; 09-02-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Lt. Commander
# 8
09-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by resoundingenvoy View Post

Well this is fine and dandy in fairytale land, in reality what usually happens is they tell you to shut up and let them play their own way. Believe me, i have tried the nice route. It rarely works, if ever.

There comes a point that you have to realize that there are a lot of mental defuncts who play this game and that it is a waste of time grouping with them. Just get yourself a good fleet, or stick to eliteSTF and you should be fine.
Captain
# 9
09-02-2012, 06:42 AM
i would gladly accept a 10 min waiting queue than to grp with someone on my ignore list.
Go pro or go home
Commander
# 10
09-02-2012, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostmoony View Post
ignore will never work anyone have 200 players in ignore list so it can easy happend that any player is in anyones ignore list so never more a random mission will start.

if you will do perfect runs do it with your fleet or friends in privat missions.

and the other point in infected space it can be done easy solo only serious firepower needet if you run 2 hours a infected mission with 5 players it is possible that the threat opener have nothing to search there to.
ummmmmm..... yeah
wrong thread buddy. go preach the 'no pugs!' somewhere else than in the very place where it has been disproven time and time again.
When in doubt, (hehe) c4!
This sig dedicated to the many random objects the Mythbusters crew has blow to smitherines