Lt. Commander
# 1 Individual Account Bugged?
09-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Normally I would just submit a ticket, but seeing how in the past that no ticket has ever been responded too. . I am having an issue, yet I don't know if it is my own individual game account or the game itself.

Not but too long ago I was experiencing many problems with my main used ship, mostly in the area of Auto fire. Through insight I decided to dissmiss that ships and get a free replacement and that would solve that problem. . However, for about a month or longer I have been getting alot of serious game crashes that required a PC restart, as of today the start up menu ask if I wanted to verify the files, then when it was finished I got the blue screen of death. . .

I am experiencing many severe game crashes, all of which does not seem to go reported, or at least the Crash Data thing doesn't seem to work well enough to send the info. .

I now suspect that my account is either Hacked or Bugged in some way. . While none of my EC or items that I have collected from Boxes etc etc, are missing, it still seems like something is going on where others are not having these same problems I am experiencing.

I have invested too much to have to get rid of my account, I have been with the game since the beta free to play release, and I have already had to delete two characters (one of which had the Free Oddy, the Galor, some XII consoles). mostly because of Bugs and tickets gone unanswered.

So I ask if there is a way to test my account for bugs or possible hacks or viruses, if not I stand to lose much more if I have to delete my current account and restart again. . Right about now I am just too fed up with the bugs. If I have to delete my account, I may as well cut my losses and not return to the game. . . There has to be a way to straigthen this problem out. .
Career Officer
# 2
09-03-2012, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captyoung01 View Post
So I ask if there is a way to test my account for bugs or possible hacks or viruses, if not I stand to lose much more if I have to delete my current account and restart again. . Right about now I am just too fed up with the bugs. If I have to delete my account, I may as well cut my losses and not return to the game. . . There has to be a way to straigthen this problem out. .
No there isn't. This is because your account isn't a executable program or binary. Its simply 'Data' stored on the Cryptic Servers... And your PC never sees this 'Data'. Only the STO Server looks at it, then tells your Client what to display...

Besides trying a local Hard Disk diagnostics. You could try uninstalling/reinstalling the STO Client on your PC. The only things of significance that is stored locally are saved screen dumps and uniform configurations. Everything else is stored on the STO Server and won't be effected by changes to the Client Configuration...

Last edited by grouchyotaku; 09-03-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 3
09-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grouchyotaku View Post
No there isn't. This is because your account isn't a executable program or binary. Its simply 'Data' stored on the Cryptic Servers... And your PC never sees this 'Data'. Only the STO Server looks at it, then tells your Client what to display...

Besides trying a local Hard Disk diagnostics. You could try uninstalling/reinstalling the STO Client on your PC. The only things of significance that is stored locally are saved screen dumps and uniform configurations. Everything else is stored on the STO Server and won't be effected by changes to the Client Configuration...
Okay, what I didn't say here is that I have most recently reinstalled my OS a short time ago. Now when window's xp was still fairly fresh I downloaded and installed the game, only to find that my main ship was still having trouble with autofire, I then removed STO, downloaded and reinstalled it again. . Only to find now that it is severly crashing especially in STF events as well as once or twice in "No Win", but mostly in STF's. .

As far as I know every thing is up to date OS system wise as well as my graphic's card. Intially I had to reinstall Window's for what seemed like either a Virus or a Hacker Program that was messing up PC performance, and during the reinstall of XP I took the option for a long Format which should have cleaned anything out. .

However I will take on your suggestion for the Hard Disk and give that a check up, as it very well could be the problem, but I cannot say for sure, but only to suspect that it may be the thing causing the many problems I am experiencing . . Being that I built my PC and that of my mothers, and I most recently upgraded her PC with a 1 Tribite Hard Drive, it may well be time to get another Tri Hard Drive. Maybe 2 Tri hard drive , but that will take time and money I do not have as of yet. . At this point I will not discount the hard drive, but it will take some time before I can replace it. . I suppose I just better put up with all that I am experiencing for the time being.