Career Officer
# 11
09-04-2012, 03:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpgirl69 View Post
Yes yes It's obviously better than starter ships but is it worth spending zen on?
Only if you're a fan of the ship, aside from that the game is too easy and the levelling too fast.
Joined August 2008
Captain
# 12
09-04-2012, 04:08 AM
Pretty much what everyone has said. If you are a fan of the ship, get it. The Grappler is a fun little thing to shoot out (I've got it installed on my Soveriegn at the moment) and the NX can equip cannons.

If, however, you are just wanting a ship and you will move onto the next tier as soon as you can, then no, it is not. But even at lvl 50, I still like to fly my NX around. Makes fights alot more fun trying to outlast Galor cruisers in her.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
Captain
# 13
09-04-2012, 05:47 AM
Quote:
Is there any good reason for buying the NX from the c store? (The ship, not the registry tag)
TBH, Enterprise fans are in the same boat as TOS fans. You can enjoy your ship for a few hours, at most (Tier 1, maybe into tier 2). After that, you're stuck on the TNG bandwagon, it's not like there's 3 different variants of each TNG show-ship in the later game (Tier 4, Tier 5 Retro, Fleet retro).

And word on the street is that the NX and TOS, being "too old" for this game's time period (and per CBS's request) will never see any kind of "end game combat" functionality.

Wish they'd at least release these hulls as tug/freighter variants. This way they'd be marginally useful (for the transwarps, on-site ship swapping into a useful ship, and maybe a cheap vendor at least) during end-game, and can tool around in the vault, as the freighters are also classed as shuttles...
Well, with the upgrade announcement leaving NX and Connie fans in the dust again, can we restart / revisit the T5 Connie and NX threads - since they will no longer be "truly" endgame ships... (after we get the T5 versions, it'll be time to see them added to the T5U upgrade charts too...
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-04-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Yes yes It's obviously better than starter ships but is it worth spending zen on?
No, unless you figure out some creative use for the grappler.
~~~~[ signed by ]~~~~
FED: Mir Fnar <S>, Shillegah Z'Cknli <R,E>, Neane <E>
KDF: A'ma <T>, Ethexio <S>
~~~~[ in game since 2010 ]~[ accolades: 13,910 pts ]
Career Officer
# 15
09-04-2012, 06:11 AM
well one way that it could be used across tiers even though i know its wrong would be to make it a shuttle variation. at least then it could be used the whole game. at the end of the day its very big as a shuttle but small and underpowered compared to even the TOS enterpise in terms of canon anyway. i know its a no i just want to have a reason to use it more
Long Live The Empire!
Captain
# 16
09-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Is there any good reason for buying the NX from the c store? (The ship, not the registry tag)
Just as an aside to some of the others, I've actually taken an NX with an Engineer Captain all the way to VA - someone else on the forum did the same thing with a Peregrine Shuttle. It's certainly quite possible, at least in PvE. I wouldn't take an NX into PvP or an STF but it makes a fun challenge on the PvE side.

The real issue here is how important is $5.00 to you? You can spend it on a McDonalds Happy Meal or you can spend it on a ship. And if you can't afford $5.00, if money's tight, you can probably grind it out via Dilithium in a week or so.
Captain
# 17
09-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Does is have a unique bridge? I always assumed it does not, but I might be wrong.
Career Officer
# 18
09-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theanothername View Post
Does is have a unique bridge? I always assumed it does not, but I might be wrong.
For some reason some C-Store ships have them and some don't. The NX does not.
Captain
# 19
09-04-2012, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeyredshirt View Post
For some reason some C-Store ships have them and some don't. The NX does not.
To bad. But thanks for the info.
Career Officer
# 20
09-04-2012, 08:50 AM
At one point this ship was being given away for free. That should tell you all you need to know about it.

I wouldn't buy the ship if you are looking for a leg up in leveling. But it if you like Enterprise, it's useful, especially as it comes in the ENT bundle.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor