Lieutenant
So, I've been opening lock boxes at a rate of one every three days or so this past month, and I currently have almost a hundred and fifty Lobi Crystals. What I want to know is, is it worth it to spend those crystals on the Very Rare mk XII version of the tholian ground set, or should I just keep saving until I have enough for something even more costly?
Lieutenant
# 2
09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
It was most definitely worth it until they nerfed the shields...

Now, I still think it's worth it, not really a better option for environmental suits... and perhaps future missions/STFs will involve such suits, so doesnt hurt to get it just in case.

Not much else worthwhile I see in the Tholian Lobi store anyway, aside from the Cruiser.
Career Officer
# 3
09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Don't you have to have the 'starter' set before you buy the lobi crystal upgrade? If so, that might alter your purchasing plans.
Sometimes I think I play STO just to have stuff to rant about on the forums!

Empire Veteran
# 4
09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I think it was worth it, eviro suit and gun get sizeable buffs imo. Plus the upgraded suit and gun look cooler with the upgrade. Not sure about the shield nerf, what'd they do to it?

Didn't take long to get the complete base set for me. About 4-5 trips (1 per day during fleet mark event) to the planet and did either all internal or external easy/medium missions, followed by both hards.

After 5 trips I had the shield, two suits, and the gun. I'm thankful it didn't take STF length grinding to achieve.
Dislike the forum theme? Try THIS. Dislike the STO home page? Try THIS.
Devs, need Fleet Orion Marauder and Dacoit please! :-)

Using - Bulwark, Voth Fighter. Favs - Fleet Corsair, Mogh, Bastion, Nicor, JHEC, JAS
Some others - Orion Marauder, Chel Grett, Guramba, Risian Corvette, Risian Cruiser

Last edited by eradicator84; 09-03-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator84 View Post
I think it was worth it, eviro suit and gun get sizeable buffs imo. Plus the upgraded suit and gun look cooler with the upgrade. Not sure about the shield nerf, what'd they do to it?

Didn't take long to get the complete base set for me. About 4-5 trips (1 per day during fleet mark event) to the planet and did either all internal or external easy/medium missions, followed by both hards.

After 5 trips I had the shield, two suits, and the gun. I'm thankful it didn't take STF length grinding to achieve.
The shield 'nerf' in question was changing the 'reduce damage' modifier from 60% (a mistake, but otherwise OP), to the intended 10%.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
The shield 'nerf' in question was changing the 'reduce damage' modifier from 60% (a mistake, but otherwise OP), to the intended 10%.
Should have been, "Tholian Damage"...

i3-2100 3.10GHz
8GB Patriot G2 XMP RAM
ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-04-2012, 12:32 AM
It will take awhile to get the original set that the upgrade uses as they have nerfed the Nukura missions.

Maybe if you Fleet spammed the Hard mission all the time you might get the drops.

Of course it's on a timer now......
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.