Rihannsu
# 11
09-04-2012, 04:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohirrim View Post
This could be automated.

Anyone having bellow X amount of damage done or Y amount of healing done and not passed through the checkpoints on the map don't get anything at all and to be able to do "need", "greed" or "pass" on loot you need to be within a certain radius from the group (means you won't get the pop-up if someone picks something up on the other side of the map).
My thoughts exactly. It's simpler and probably better if the people working to win the mission don't have to stop just to get rid of a leecher.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Commander
# 12
09-05-2012, 11:09 AM
Quick lets add the means of punishment for perceived or real slights to the oh-so-mature playerbase. This can't POSSIBLY go wrong.
Captain
# 13
09-05-2012, 11:54 AM
Without Cryptic working with players, nothing can or will be done with "leechers". And really haven't read (ie. none) too much on the issue from staff.
Ensign
# 14
11-02-2012, 06:10 PM
another suggestion, also to *bump* this thread...:

implement a minimum hurdle to STFs, if a player doesn't make it, he gets no loot (and preferably even a queue-ban for X hours).
For example, dealing 10k heals/damage on an elite ground STF is easily possible, even for a poorly geared player, as long as he's working with his team. 5k easily come from hypos alone.
If a player doesn't meet that 10k-mark, he's obviously afk/leeching for a long time.

A script determining the amount of a players heals/damage during an STF could be easily made, after all something similar already exists for fleet actions.
That change wouldn't affect all those teamplayers out there, but could easily deal with that bunch of leechers who seek to destroy the STO-experience for everybody else.

Hope you, dear cryptics, will finally do something here - being fooled by leechers and feeling abandoned by you just isn't fun.
Lieutenant
# 15
11-02-2012, 07:09 PM
I agree with the poster that said it should be automated,cryptic already has something of the sort in place for dmg and heal accolades.i would make it though where 1-5 min is a warning phase(clock doesnt reset by moving) 5-10 min would be you forfeit your loot bag and it gets dealt with in the manner an optional bag would,10+ min you get booted from the stf and forfeit any chance of loot for 20 matches and are(penalty stacks on a by match basis)stuck doing normal modes with the rest of the scrubs until probationary period is over
Captain
# 16
11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
My solution to this problem is usually to just do fleet/ and chat channel private games. On the rare occaisons where I can't find a private game and have to que I will just quit and take the penalty rather then help an AFKer get undeserved loot. If people don't have multiple elite stf capable alts like me and don't want penalty just go afk too for 15 min then quit without penalty.