Captain
# 11
09-04-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
You covered Dr. Who pretty thoroughly. Here are a few more:

1. In attempt to fix one of the greatest atrocities in the world, you travel back in time to kill the man responsible. While you are lauded for your success, this action results in an even greater atrocity created by a new leader, Stalin, years later that forever changes history. (Red Alert)
While your empire falls, you travel back in time and remove the man who In an attempt to fix one of the greatest atrocities in the world, traveled back in time to kill the man responsible. While you are lauded for your success, this action results in an even greater atrocity created by a new enemy, the empire of the rising sun (Red Alert 3)

... There... suck that headace.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos
Lieutenant
# 12
09-04-2012, 01:39 PM
find yourself back in the past after a disaster. set out to avoid being seen by yourself and your companions while trying to prevent the many bad things that happened to you and others, in hopes of preventing the disaster. discover that your efforts to prevents specific events created the reasons those events occurred. repeat ad infinitum until you figure out a way to avoid the backwards timetravel. (red vs. Blue)
Captain
# 13
09-04-2012, 02:01 PM
16. In an attempt to introduce a friend to Winston Churchill, you end up discovering your most hated adversary and in a desperate move to defeat them end up creating propeller planes that can travel through space. (Doctor Who)

17. Your ship is destroyed. Travel back in time to prevent that. (More times than I can count in TNG and VOY, also: Lost in Space)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Captain
# 14
09-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithril2098 View Post
find yourself back in the past after a disaster. set out to avoid being seen by yourself and your companions while trying to prevent the many bad things that happened to you and others, in hopes of preventing the disaster. discover that your efforts to prevents specific events created the reasons those events occurred. repeat ad infinitum until you figure out a way to avoid the backwards timetravel. (red vs. Blue)
BWAHAHAHAHAHA I loved that part... Poor Poor Church
Rihannsu
# 15
09-04-2012, 04:22 PM
Ooh, here's one from the last episode of Terminator: SCC:

Meet a liquid metal lifeform(Weaver) who at first glance appears to be the enemy.
Make friends with Weaver, then learn she came to the past not to help you, but to do your job (saviour of the human race) better than you.
Find out Weaver's pet project is an AI meant to beat your future enemy Skynet, but that her project went to the future alone, and needs you to help her find it.
Travel to the future(where in the proper timeline you're treated like a king), only to find out that since you left the past, the future you'd heard about(and that Weaver came from) never happened.
Weaver wanders off and leaves you to talk with the confused members of the new resistance who have never heard of you and think you're a spy.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Starfleet Veteran
# 16
09-04-2012, 06:51 PM
Steal a time machine to go back in time to Save President kennedy, thus possibly avoiding the Vietnam War. But instead, get their slightly too late, and have Oswald blame you for the assisination. From the future, your girlfriend sees your dire circumstances to attempt to save you, but she ends up getting run over and goes to 1960's era hospital. So then the scientist who actually invented the technology decides to go back and get President Johnson to not escalate the Vietnam war, where his brother was killed in action. However instead of pulling out of Vietnam, Johnson escalates the war even further to completely destroy North Vietnam. (Running against Time)

Steal a breeding pair of Humpback whales from the past to prevent your planets destruction due the lack of Humpback whales. ST:IV

Oddly enough, both had Catherine Hicks in it.
Rihannsu
# 17
09-04-2012, 06:53 PM
I strongly suggest you all read the Star Trek DTI book "Watching the Clock" it follows our favorite Department of Temporal Investigations Agents on an exploration of time travel in trek.
Captain
# 18
09-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Use a time machine and go crazy after baring witness to the horrific atrocities such an invention creates, erase your memory after leaving clues to yourself leading you to destroy said time machine. (Paycheck was a weird movie wasn't it?)
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg
Career Officer
# 19
09-04-2012, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobayashlmaru View Post
[*]In attempt to fix one of the greatest atrocities in the world, you travel back in time to kill the man responsible. While you are lauded for your success, this action results in an even greater atrocity created by a new leader, Stalin, years later that forever changes history. (Red Alert)
[/list]
In attempt to fix one of the greatest atrocities in the world, you travel back in time to kill the man responsible. However, he turns out to be entirely incidental and you lock him in the cupboard while the more personally important battle happens. (Doctor Who)

In attempt to fix one of the greatest atrocities in the world, you travel back in time to kill the man responsible.. He stabs you in the chest and uses a piece of technology you were carrying and took for granted to conquer the world. (Misfits)
Captain
# 20
09-05-2012, 12:37 AM
You travel back in time in search of curry, but accidentally appear in the Texas Book Depository and, in the process, knock Lee Harvey Oswald out of the window. Then you go back in time further to stop him from standing there, but by putting him on the higher floor, you throw off his aim and Kennedy survives. In order to restore the correct time line, you have to go back and grab Kennedy, making him become the gunman behind the grassy knoll. (Red Dwarf)

This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!