Commander
So Klingons, what is the deal with mining the spawn point with tricked out mines?

I admit, it is funny like maybe the first two or three times? then? well? at that point it is just as funny to spawn-camp to prevent it.
Starfleet Veteran
# 2
09-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Don't forget that Klingon characters have a mission that gives them dilithium for Federation player kills. That may be the whole reason for such moves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Empire Veteran
# 3
09-05-2012, 07:26 AM
You mean our spawn point or the feds?

If you mean our (KDF) spawn point its simple, to kill those feds that always spawn at it.
Doing so is no less the same as the Feds whom squat at it (KDF spawn) and exuded EWP or mines or pets or, my personal favorite, drag a bunch of borg Cubes and thier ilk back to the spawn point to clutter it up.

If you mean the feds spawn point on the other side of the instance, its most likely in response to being auto-spawn camped at every instance restart in Ker'rat.

Surely you are not suggesting that we KDF not do so when so many feds do this so often? It is a war zone after all.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Captain
# 4
09-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Don't forget that Klingon characters have a mission that gives them dilithium for Federation player kills. That may be the whole reason for such moves.
This, pretty much. Easy way to get kills, especially in a BoP. It's not always a simple task to rack up kills, at least not by yourself. That, and mining the KDF spawn point for when the counter resets is particularly helpful when the Feddies outnumber the KDF or w/e, it helps even things up at that point. I wouldn't personally mine the Fed spawnpoint, but I don't tell other people off for it. It's just the way Ker'rat is, there are no rules.
Commander
# 5
09-05-2012, 07:27 AM
there is no such thing as a kdf or fed spawnpoint. there are 2 spawnpoints and you can spawn at both of them, as klingon and as fed.
Captain
# 6
09-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
there is no such thing as a kdf or fed spawnpoint. there are 2 spawnpoints and you can spawn at both of them, as klingon and as fed.
He's talking about the defaults. The default option is to have BOTH sides spawn at the KDF default point when the counter resets, and to have the Feds normally respawn at the north end of the map, with the KDF at the south.

I know there's some way to enable you to be on the Federation side while in a KDF toon, but I don't know it, and I suspect a lot of other players that aren't min-maxers and otherwise 100% uber-PvPers don't know it either.
Career Officer
# 7
09-05-2012, 07:37 AM
Both factions do that. At instance reset cant tell you how many times I respawn in mines and warp plasma. I think it has nothing to do with the mission kills, it's just the "sadistic" pleasure in giving a hard time to the other faction, lol. I find it funny though, even though I never do it.

[edit] be ready to hit evasives and he, sometimes you can get out of that mess...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Empire Veteran
# 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tebsu View Post
I've been playing Ker'rat since nearly its creation and have never in two years respawned at the fed spawn point. Ever.

I have seen players purposely respawn as the oppossing faction, but never seen a KDF randomly spawn at the fed side of the zone.
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
# 9
wow six posts and noone mentioned "deployment suppression"perfected by 1000h of training??, what is happening???
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
Both factions do that. At instance reset cant tell you how many times I respawn in mines and warp plasma. I think it has nothing to do with the mission kills, it's just the "sadistic" pleasure in giving a hard time to the other faction, lol. I find it funny though, even though I never do it.
Its is the first Ker'rat skill a KDf warrior learns. How to escape spawn camping via iether speed or Claok or both.