Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Career Officer
# 11
09-05-2012, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
I've been playing Ker'rat since nearly its creation and have never in two years respawned at the fed spawn point. Ever.

I have seen players purposely respawn as the oppossing faction, but never seen a KDF randomly spawn at the fed side of the zone.
That makes me wonder, can you respawn as a fed? I know if a fed gets killed, respawns then logs out then in, he will be "teamed" with klings, wonder if it works the other way around...
Hear! Sons of Kahless
Hear! Daughters too.
The blood of battle washes clean.
The Warrior brave and true.
We fight, we love, and then we kill...
Commander
# 12
09-05-2012, 08:32 AM
Well alright Klingons?. I?m not crying about it. In fact, it is sort of funny watching all my comrades explode while I sometimes do not; only to be sitting in a swarm of Klingon Ships after the dust clears. Sure my hull is below 20%... and sure I?m ramming the first poor sol in front of me?However, it is completely valid that I can now sit and protect the spawn from those who are laying mines with my TBR-III. Just saying?
Captain
# 13
09-05-2012, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trueprom3theus View Post
That makes me wonder, can you respawn as a fed? I know if a fed gets killed, respawns then logs out then in, he will be "teamed" with klings, wonder if it works the other way around...
Is that how it works? It seemed to work differently before.

Sweet! I need to get some Fed kills with my Fed captain.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen a KDF on the Fed side a few times in Ker'rat.
Career Officer
# 14
09-05-2012, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
Is that how it works? It seemed to work differently before.

Sweet! I need to get some Fed kills with my Fed captain.

Also, I'm pretty sure I've seen a KDF on the Fed side a few times in Ker'rat.
I sometimes switch my fed to the klinky side when there are too many feds, makes it more interesting. I've never seen a klink do it though, not sure it's possible.

As for mining spawns, I say go for it. When the feds outnumber the klinks they usually spawn camp once the objective gets done. When the klinks outnumber the feds THEY spawncamp too, thats just how it works. If mining the spawns with mines makes them more useful and makes me laugh when i warp in then instantly fly half way across the map clutching my chair and squealing, then why not? It's a laugh.
Rihannsu
# 15
09-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Just tested it: It works the other way round, too.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Captain
# 16
09-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
I sometimes switch my fed to the klinky side when there are too many feds, makes it more interesting. I've never seen a klink do it though, not sure it's possible.

As for mining spawns, I say go for it. When the feds outnumber the klinks they usually spawn camp once the objective gets done. When the klinks outnumber the feds THEY spawncamp too, thats just how it works. If mining the spawns with mines makes them more useful and makes me laugh when i warp in then instantly fly half way across the map clutching my chair and squealing, then why not? It's a laugh.
So, all I need to do is just die, respawn, and log out? I was trying to figure out how I was doing it when the time-out timer used to be 15 mins.
Rihannsu
# 17
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shookyang View Post
So, all I need to do is just die, respawn, and log out? I was trying to figure out how I was doing it when the time-out timer used to be 15 mins.
No, you have to just log out when at the opposing faction's spawn point, and then quickly log in with the same character again.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Captain
# 18
09-05-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
No, you have to just log out when at the opposing faction's spawn point, and then quickly log in with the same character again.
From the Ker'rat wiki page, it says:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STOWiki
There is a known bug in which if a player flies their ship to the Federation spawn area (opposite to where everyone starts the map in the beginning), and logs out and log back in again as the same toon, they will be able to attack ships on their same faction as well as ships on their same faction to be able to engage them. Meanwhile the opposite faction registers as allies and cannot attack you. This will fix itself if a player changes instances or leaves the map.
http://www.stowiki.org/Ker%27rat_System#Notes
Is that not the case anymore?
Rihannsu
# 19
09-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Well, I just tested it as Klingon, and for a Klingon, STOWiki's description is equivalent to what I wrote. Haven't tested it as Fed lately, though.
Empire Veteran
# 20
09-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Just tested it: It works the other way round, too.
Hmmm, that may be a good reason to blow the dust off my fed and spawn him as a KDF in ker'rat.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.