Survivor of Romulus
I cant believe how much of a impossibility it is to get the crystalline entity trophy!
I'm not complaining about pugging the mission because we all know that beating it that way takes a miracle. I'm talking about how only 1st place gets the trophy which is complete and utter nonsense, as hard as it is to beat the mission everyone should get the trophy!

My fleet did it and beat it with a team effort all ships lined up in a row blasting away till the phase when the shards can heal it at which point we had all the science use waves of repulsers to keep the shards away while pounding out the last 30-40% of its health and kicked its but in 15 min.

1st place gets the trophy which basically means who ever did the most DPS got the trophy which 99% of the time is a tactical. This means that science and engies have almost no chance at getting it especially in a group effort with shooters,healers and repulsers. This is an insane joke as hard as it is to beat and with strategies that involve not all the players just shooting at it.

EVERYONE IN THE EVENT THAT BEATS THE CRYSTALINE ENTITY SHOULD GET THE TROPHY NOT JUST THE HEAD TAC THAT DID THE MOST DAMAGE!

This needs to be addressed and changed!

Last edited by chitowngrizz420; 09-05-2012 at 11:45 AM.
Ensign
# 2
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM
if that's the case then that would explain why no one in my fleet has one yet
Captain
# 3
09-05-2012, 10:47 AM
This game in general favours tacticals above all else simply due to how the systems work. This is only one example in a long list of ways the other classes are left behind.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Republic Veteran
# 4
09-05-2012, 10:48 AM
Idividual accolades in a Fleet Action is indeed unfair and should not have been implimented. The purpose of the Fleet Actions is to work as a team yet the "rewards" are given based on individual performance. The main reward (in this case, the trophy) should be given to all team members in the Fleet Action that participated from beginning to end. The individual rewards should be a separate drop.

There is no wonder why so many of the players prefer to play alone. There is absolutely no incentinve to work as a team, even in team missions.
If you believe the sky is the limit, you are aiming too low. We must reach beyond the stars - Ambassador Otungku
Career Officer
# 5
09-05-2012, 10:50 AM
One of the Devs said they pulled the Enitity to revamp it, so hopefully part of the revamp helps "spread the love" for getting the trophy.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
09-05-2012, 11:07 AM
I hope there are going to change it so everyone gets the trophy because me playing as an engineer I will probably never play this event ever again because I have no chance at getting it.
Community Moderator
# 7
09-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Transwarped thread to PvE Gameplay so the right folks will see it.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online Forums. My views do not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment.
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a 'forums and website' support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Follow me: Twitter,Google
Career Officer
# 8
09-05-2012, 11:22 AM
I fully support the OP. The rewards are indeed extremely unfair. I am also in the boat of not playing until someone other than my Tac toon can get the rewards.

CE is a great fleet action because it requires strong fleet coordination. Unlike other missions of similar design, CE doesn't blatently overpower the NPC's to compensate for the lack of true fleet tactics in this game.
Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
Starfleet Veteran
# 9
09-05-2012, 01:33 PM
Sadly when it first came out there was a reasonable chance of winning this mission.

Then the keyboard athletes complained about it not being challenging enough.
If your post is anything like, "I have a sandwich so you can't be starving" it's time to rethink posting.
Empire Veteran
# 10
09-06-2012, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitowngrizz420 View Post
This means that science and engies have almost no chance at getting it especially in a group effort with shooters,healers and repulsers.
The way we solved this problem, back when we ran this frequently in Accolades, was to have the person who needed the trophy solo the CE for a couple of minutes to build up his damage. Then the rest joined and killed it off with CSV. Then we just repeated and let the next person solo it. Usually you don't need to solo it for more than a minute to get ahead enough to get 1st place but I remember one time we had a person with a very weak build that had to solo it for almost 10 minutes.