Career Officer
# 1 weekly pvp thread- 9/5/2012
09-05-2012, 12:02 PM
SO! its been a couple weeks since i last logged in. the first thing i find when i log in....

"gernade skills boost space kenetic damage".

-_- nice to know things are still broken......

^
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise1killer View Post
It did not affect the damage showing of TBR or Torps, so I guessing no unless its unseen damage. I will have to run some matches and see if there is a major difference or not.
from the q/a

SteelMagnum: <major snippage due to wall of text> Were is the GROUND pvp on the 'to-do' list?
Dstahl: Ground PvP is a ways off. Looking at game play data, most people are currently playing Space PvP and so it was the first on the to-do list for a revamp and something that Gozer and now Dods is responsible for. Once we make some headway with Space PvP, then we can consider moving to Ground PvP and developing something that is reminiscent of a Battleground. We have a long term goal to get that type of gameplay into STO because it is sorely missing.

mavgeek: Now that Gozer is no longer with Cryptic Studios, you said at STLV that a new guy was "being brought up to speed" on where Gozer left off on his complete overhaul on PvP gameplay. It's been over two and a half years since we've seen actual content added for PvP, with Gozer gone is the "new guy" who is taking over his roll able to keep up with the changes Gozer was making? And will he be able to keep us update to date weekly on the pace of PvP changes like Gozer was?
Dstahl: Gozer was awesome in that he would keep players up to date on what he was working on. That said, PvP isn't going to change significantly any time soon. We are looking into changes that will improve it, but as you mention it hasn't seen anything new for a long time. Wish I had better news, but this is the reality of where it is at for the time being until we can get some serious manpower to tackle it. That said, I can't imagine us raising the skillcap without resolving this once and for all.

data662: When will fleets be able to attack other fleets and their starbases?
Where's our elite space weapons at tier 5 engineering?
Where's our fleet assault cruiser?
Will we ever see a mirror universe oddessy?
Any idea when the starbase will get a hangerbay?
Dstahl: RE: Starbase hangerbay: This is tentatively scheduled for Season 7 so that you can take a shuttle from your Starbase directly to your Embassy.

(nice dodging of the other questions)

and of course the mention of a personal advancment system which will introduce new items and crap....

dark days ahead for pvp....

otherwise... doesnt seem to be much in the way of pvp updates.

as always- I'll add stuff as i learn about it.

Last edited by matteo716maikai; 09-06-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 2
09-05-2012, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
SO! its been a couple weeks since i last logged in. the first thing i find when i log in....

-_- nice to know things are still broken......

otherwise... doesnt seem to be much in the way of pvp updates.

as always- I'll add stuff as i learn about it.
Well Duh why wouldnt a ground skill boost a space one??

Quote of the week:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sollvax View Post
a pure cannon build is always less effective than original starfleet specs

correct build is as it comes out of the factory
Commander
# 3
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
What? You don?t jettison your cargo bay supply of hand grenades as space cluster bombs as well? I find it does wonders against sophie drones for all of nine seconds.
Lieutenant
# 4
09-05-2012, 12:52 PM
Wait so is this a buff strictly to Tac captains? Because if there is one thing that didn't need buffing it was tac captains. Where is the equivalent boost for Sci and Engi captains??

Sci/Sci are the most common all torp builds and a boost is given to further the damage of a Tac/Sci. I can't figure out why they are boosting tac's damage further in a dps centric game and leaving the other captains lagging even farther behind.
Nixus
Empire Veteran
# 5
09-05-2012, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
... your joking right...
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Career Officer
# 6
09-05-2012, 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphoid7 View Post
Wait so is this a buff strictly to Tac captains? Because if there is one thing that didn't need buffing it was tac captains. Where is the equivalent boost for Sci and Engi captains??

Sci/Sci are the most common all torp builds and a boost is given to further the damage of a Tac/Sci. I can't figure out why they are boosting tac's damage further in a dps centric game and leaving the other captains lagging even farther behind.
This isn't an actual fix or add in. It's what I saw was being said in opvp the moment I logged on.

If its true it would also explain why tactical shockwaves were that
Much more damaging then science shockwaves. It needs testif and confirmation of course.
Career Officer
# 7
09-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
... your joking right...
As reported by the opvp channel. Test to confirm.
Career Officer
# 8
09-05-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zyphoid7 View Post

Tac toons buff grenades, I suppose science captions buff tricorder and engineers buff hydro-spanner? What that was Star Wars...
Captain
# 9
09-05-2012, 03:16 PM
Why would you take anything said in that channel as truth ?

lol it is pretty funny though.
Captain
# 10
09-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Its a quiet week
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com