# 11
09-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkollins View Post
Its a quiet week
^ this

Quote:
Originally Posted by husanakx View Post
Why would you take anything said in that channel as truth ?

lol it is pretty funny though.

but if its true its even more sad..... i mean i honestly wouldnt be surprised if it is the case. can anyone test this so i can either knock it out or speak it as true?
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-05-2012, 07:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
^ this

but if its true its even more sad..... i mean i honestly wouldnt be surprised if it is the case. can anyone test this so i can either knock it out or speak it as true?
It did not affect the damage showing of TBR or Torps, so I guessing no unless its unseen damage. I will have to run some matches and see if there is a major difference or not.
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate

Last edited by paradise1killer; 09-05-2012 at 10:41 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-06-2012, 04:42 AM
I've been gone for 6 months or so, due to my computer suddenly not being able to play STO after the last season's update. Thanks to my -X-Treme fleetmates, who sent me a new Graphics card & A power supply to make it work, I'm back. It's good to be back in the PEW. I'd also like to give a shout- out to my Critz teammates for letting me purchase a new Fleet Scourge Retrofit. Anyway, I'ts good to be back, & I'll see you all in the Ques
Career Officer
# 14
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
from the q/a

SteelMagnum: <major snippage due to wall of text> Were is the GROUND pvp on the 'to-do' list?
Dstahl: Ground PvP is a ways off. Looking at game play data, most people are currently playing Space PvP and so it was the first on the to-do list for a revamp and something that Gozer and now Dods is responsible for. Once we make some headway with Space PvP, then we can consider moving to Ground PvP and developing something that is reminiscent of a Battleground. We have a long term goal to get that type of gameplay into STO because it is sorely missing.

mavgeek: Now that Gozer is no longer with Cryptic Studios, you said at STLV that a new guy was "being brought up to speed" on where Gozer left off on his complete overhaul on PvP gameplay. It's been over two and a half years since we've seen actual content added for PvP, with Gozer gone is the "new guy" who is taking over his roll able to keep up with the changes Gozer was making? And will he be able to keep us update to date weekly on the pace of PvP changes like Gozer was?
Dstahl: Gozer was awesome in that he would keep players up to date on what he was working on. That said, PvP isn't going to change significantly any time soon. We are looking into changes that will improve it, but as you mention it hasn't seen anything new for a long time. Wish I had better news, but this is the reality of where it is at for the time being until we can get some serious manpower to tackle it. That said, I can't imagine us raising the skillcap without resolving this once and for all.

data662: When will fleets be able to attack other fleets and their starbases?
Where's our elite space weapons at tier 5 engineering?
Where's our fleet assault cruiser?
Will we ever see a mirror universe oddessy?
Any idea when the starbase will get a hangerbay?
Dstahl: RE: Starbase hangerbay: This is tentatively scheduled for Season 7 so that you can take a shuttle from your Starbase directly to your Embassy.

(nice dodging of the other questions)

and of course the mention of a personal advancment system which will introduce new items and crap....

dark days ahead for pvp....
Banned
# 15
09-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Well at least they aren't pretending anymore.

Can't wait to see the game implode when they lose tons of money when their asia launch fails spectacularly.
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
09-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
[...]
Dstahl: [...]That said, I can't imagine us raising the skillcap without resolving this once and for all.
Which means no skillcap increase in season 7, or a resolution "once and for all" for space PvP before the end of the year. Either way, I think that's good news.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Starfleet Veteran
# 17
09-07-2012, 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquitaine985 View Post
Tac toons buff grenades, I suppose science captions buff tricorder and engineers buff hydro-spanner? What that was Star Wars...
Hey, we could have slicers hit all the weapons. New crafting skill and would bring the "slicers" a boat-load of EC. lol
Rihannsu
# 18
09-07-2012, 01:33 AM
Quote:
CPTNIce: Dan:
Has it been considered to allow players to minor in another profession (e.g., how Tom Paris had Medic training as a Tactical officer in VOY, or Bashir's Engineering extension course), maybe to add some variety to the game? Perhaps with LIMITED access to the other class' powers (i.e., a Science officer beaming in Security Officers - you ARE the Captain, after all)?

Dstahl: This is somewhat like the captain "Reputation" system we will be introducing in Seaosn 7.

so much for class balance in pvp
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Survivor of Romulus
# 19
09-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
so much for class balance in pvp
Actually, this will increase balance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
Commander
# 20
09-07-2012, 01:35 AM
You forgot this...

IndigoMercy: Are there any plans to improve on the diplomacy side of things? Maybe the ability to create and maintain alliances for trade income? or the ability for fleets to formally go to war with each other to fight for control of resource rich sectors/systems possibly?

Dstahl: The next major update (Season 7) will be adding a Fleet Embassy which will focus on Diplomacy and Recruiting tracks and will require some Diplomatic efforts in exchange for some cool new rewards. The Embassy will be on the new Romulan colony. In the future we will consider branching out into the type of iPvP resource game you describe.
The Average PvP player

1) Teamwork and timing is #1
2) You cannot "Kirk It" in every ship
3) You are going to die, just get back up