Rihannsu
# 21
09-07-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Actually, this will increase balance.
I m sure it will, Sophie. Systems has already been informed, what could go wrong.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013
Rihannsu
# 22
09-07-2012, 01:55 AM
Of course it will. If everybody has access to the same abilities, there is more balance, not less, because any ability that is possibly OP will be available to everybody. And if everybody is OP, nobody is.

That is not a difficult insight. At least not for most.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Promote what you love, instead of bashing what you hate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...lM_skuv4#t=584
Career Officer
# 23
09-07-2012, 02:39 AM
Quote:
Of course it will. If everybody has access to the same abilities, there is more balance, not less, because any ability that is possibly OP will be available to everybody. And if everybody is OP, nobody is.

so if everyone gets a ferrari race car theyll all be the fastest driver around? thats the kind of balance youre compairing it too.

this game is more about player skill then ingame skillls. and the pvp crowds player skills are so much generally higher then the average pve'rs player skill that if you give the pvp'rs access to everything. then everything will be considered op by the pve'rs who stumble into the pvp arena further making pvp an unprofitable area.

its all part of their master mind plan to eliminate pvp from the game by way of making it so bad that noone will play it.
Rihannsu
# 24
09-07-2012, 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
so if everyone gets a ferrari race car theyll all be the fastest driver around?
Quite the opposite: If everybody gets a Ferrari race car, races will be more balanced, as the game itself will not be biased... what will remain are skills of the driver and his box crew.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Empire Veteran
# 25
09-07-2012, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Quite the opposite: If everybody gets a Ferrari race car, races will be more balanced, as the game itself will not be biased... what will remain are skills of the driver and his box crew.
the game is dumbed down enough, it does not need to be made even more casual
gateway links-->Norvo Tigan, Telis Latto Ruwon, Sochie Heim, Solana Soleus
Captain
# 26
09-07-2012, 03:18 AM
Quote:
Playing pong w/Star Trek skins isn't my idea of fun.

The point of classes and other variances in game is to promote diversity of playstyles. This is more fun to me. It does take planning to balance a variety of playstyles and there should be opportunities where each playstyle's role shines w/in the game design. I'd rather they fix the underlying problem and not build on a poor foundation.
Rihannsu
# 27
09-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Quote:

GRR where is the ****** report button, you can keep your veiled insults to yourself, sophie.

After 2 years, systems incompetence at balancing a game with 3 player classes and 3 ship classes is so painfully obvious that only the most die hard troll refuses to see it. All the evidence the enlightened mind can glance at, points to even better balance once the possible combos go from 3 player classes, to 6, or if i can choose the same primary and secondary to 9.

Synergy is the keyword here and roles to fill. No wonder Bort had nothing to report to pvp related topics or the Tac/Sci debate. We haven't even started to see the all might OP2.0 coming down the road, obsoleting even more characters and roles. Serisouly Bort, nothing to Report???

Until then all hail friggin tacs, sorry if you wanted to make an eng, move along and be my target practice.
Joined 06.10
PvP 2010-2011
PvP 2012-2013

Last edited by havam; 09-07-2012 at 03:54 AM.
Rihannsu
# 28
09-07-2012, 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post
Calling me that is an insult, by the way. Don't do it, unless you can deal with the echo.

Quote:
[...]
Until then all hail friggin tacs, sorry if you wanted to make an eng, move along and be my target practice. [/color]
I agree that Tacs are currently overpowered when compared to the other two. But even so, making more abilities available across the different classes will increase balance, not reduce it.

I would prefer a repair of the Tac as much as anyone, that's for sure.
Career Officer
# 29
09-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by havam View Post

GRR where is the ****** report button, you can keep your veiled insults to yourself, sophie.
careful what you say... even an angry look in that direction will get you a mod-warning... (I'm speaking from experience here. )
Captain
# 30
09-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Quote:
You should really be playing shooters or something if you would like to have every ones toon have the exact same abilities.

This is a MMO and I hope Cryptic doesn't forget that.... to make a MMO any fun at all to play, loadouts for your toons have to be basicly unequal. If one thing didn't work better then the next why would any of us play. Even you sophie spend most of your time in game tweeking your build... if the obvious choice was to just drive the ferrari Cryptic gives you the keys to, instead of building your own personal vehicle from the ground up... 90% of the fun of a MMO would be completely lost.

Honestly crossing the captain skills has the potential to be the absolute worst move they will ever make... and I'm not being dramatic... really if they do something like that, it really could destroy the game.