Starfleet Veteran
# 41
09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
But why do you always attack Sophie? In the background he must be a nice guy!
K D F - Killing Disadvantaged Feds
K D F - The evul way to play Sto

I salute Adm. Marcus, a real Starfleet hero! Thanks to his courage we Tac Feds now have an awesome Cruiser, the USS Avenger!
Career Officer
# 42
09-07-2012, 01:30 PM
Q: (tovalmorgan) Are you ever going to fix the decloaking bug? Whenever your bridge officers talk to you or any kind of interaction window pops up on the screen while you are cloaked, the pop up window forces your ship to decloak.

Dstahl: To clear up some confusion about this issue, let me shed some light on how cloak is intended to relate to interactions within the game. It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth. With that said, there are undoubtedly missions out there that were made prior to the inception of the mini-contacts (the ones that fly across your screen) which are just providing information and shouldn?t need to be acknowledged. One reason we created mini-contacts was to allow information to be given by your bridge crew without you needing to acknowledge it for game design purposes. If you feel that a specific mission contact could be switched to a mini-contact that doesn?t need acknowledgement, then that is the type of suggestion that should be made. We can then look at the mission specifically and determine whether it warrants a mini-contact or not.

so the decloaking bug is actually working as intended.
Career Officer
# 43
09-07-2012, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
Dstahl: To clear up some confusion about this issue, let me shed some light on how cloak is intended to relate to interactions within the game. It is our intention that any interaction within the game will remove stealth. Anytime you are expected to take a game action of clicking on a button to respond, whether it is to scan something, or acknowledge a bridge officer, or make a command decision via a contact option, it should pull you out of stealth.
So on my B'rel...I can heal my teammates and mess up my enemies with a momentary drop in stealth, but if my boff farts it's a fullblown decloak with CD and all? Yeah... makes sense... call it a feature and move along.... next!
Captain
# 44
09-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716maikai View Post
so the decloaking bug is actually working as intended.
Do you think on there own personal time anyone that works for that company doesn't know full well why we laugh at them ?

Can't fix... To Hard... sweep it under the rug... someones trying to pull it back out... ok take it out and put it on the shelf... Its fine working as intended, so be quite about it now.

Imagine something obviously illogical in your own personal line of work. Really think about what ever it is you do for money, could you imagine telling your boss or a customer, when they point out a error. Na that's the way its supposed to work... I mean if its something absurd like this bug is.... how would your defending of it fly. lol
I can think of times where I have dropped major deals cause it was obvious the person I was dealing with was lying about something, trivial... I cut my losses early... likely should have done that when the Cryptic devs started blatantly lying about stupid things like this.... its no wonder they so easily lie about the major things.

Last edited by husanakx; 09-07-2012 at 02:02 PM.