Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Career Officer
# 41
09-12-2012, 09:14 AM
truthfully cant see worf as a co of a starship, but a co of a spec ops team would work and it would be trek breaking new ground as it were.

always though the series should do more ground in them space is great but ground stuff was lacking really. sort of like stargate but from trek perspective. shuttle or transporter delivered troops to the ground carry out a mission and poof move on to the next, odd ball characters that like playing with the HE or sharpening a sword worf standing there going hey he gets the job done.
Captain
# 42
09-13-2012, 05:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daggermoon View Post
truthfully cant see worf as a co of a starship, but a co of a spec ops team would work and it would be trek breaking new ground as it were.

always though the series should do more ground in them space is great but ground stuff was lacking really. sort of like stargate but from trek perspective. shuttle or transporter delivered troops to the ground carry out a mission and poof move on to the next, odd ball characters that like playing with the HE or sharpening a sword worf standing there going hey he gets the job done.
Star Trek was mostly and is about exploration and a better future for everyone. It should go back to its roots, they way Gene Roddenberry started it as. None of this dark/doom and gloom crap. It sooooooo depressing. Sure have some episodes or story arcs like that but not the whole entire series.
Captain
# 43
09-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
Star Trek was mostly and is about exploration and a better future for everyone. It should go back to its roots, they way Gene Roddenberry started it as. None of this dark/doom and gloom crap. It sooooooo depressing. Sure have some episodes or story arcs like that but not the whole entire series.
Exactly. I don't get why so many people want military black ops elite squad US marine BS all over Star Trek. ENT did it, it sucked.

There is nothing wrong with action sequences but it shouldn't be all about the fighting. Especially not in this over-militarized way. Starfleet is not an army but an self-defense-force when it comes to conflict - even Worf learned that. And I imagine that especially he can be an interesting character when it comes to such situations - even a Klingon can learn that there is a point where there is no more need for bloodshed. And so should we
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
Rihannsu
# 44
09-13-2012, 08:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by varool View Post
if i remember right, Captain Sisko gave Worf something like a black mark in his starfleet file, quite possibly stopping him from ever becoming captain. He saved Jadzia over a Cardassian spy to earn it. It would of been unlikely if he had been given a command since the end of DS9, he was to become Ambassador to the Klingon Empire on top of this.

how to explain the error in the canon would require some creative thinking.
i think it was the ep were he destroyed the transport where he got the black mark but the jadzia situation would not have helped. but it would not require that much creativity really.

as you say 'quite possibly' is not the same thing as 100% no chance at all. as someone else mentioned after the dominion war perhaps they needed to let a few things slide after so many people were killed.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Rihannsu
# 45
09-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj011 View Post
None of this dark/doom and gloom crap.
Ya life is depressing enough without having to watch it too

Give me a star trek that is like the next generation - current issue's in the form of sci-fi with a message of "things can get better" at the end.
Ensign
# 46
09-13-2012, 10:44 AM
I just read about it too

http://screenrant.com/star-trek-capt...=zergnet_30196

You needn't hang like a dog. If you'd fight like a man.~ Anne Bonny
Captain
# 47
09-14-2012, 03:10 AM
I would love to see this, Captain Work commanding a Sovereign Class Also the other casts can make cameo appearances.