Empire Veteran
# 1 Assault cruiser build!
09-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Found this build and was wondering if any of you have some suggestions, what i would like to know is is this a good build for end game?

Many thanks in advance...
Rihannsu
# 2
09-06-2012, 03:58 AM
Yes, it's decent. But Fire at will 1 is useless and I would put tac. team 1 instead, so you will have 2 tac. teams.
Torpedo spread can be changed to high yield if you put tricobalt device to your fore weapons. (2 beams, tricobalt device, torp)
Add Subspace modulator to devices.
Captain
# 3
09-06-2012, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrik68 View Post
Found this build and was wondering if any of you have some suggestions, what i would like to know is is this a good build for end game?

Many thanks in advance...
Tac and Science BOFF Skills are OK, but the Engineers certainly aren't optimised (2x Engineering Team... really?)

Skilltree isn't too bad for space skills, but has taken the "rule of 3/6/9 points" to extremes, meaning it's not focussing properly on any particular role.

Ground skill setup certainly isn't optimised for Tac skills.

Short Answer: No, it's flyable, but it's not a particularly "good" build for endgame.

Try this instead, assuming that you want a Beam Array/Torpedo Hybrid setup with 6-7 Beam Arrays and 1-2 Quantum Launchers. [You'll want a few Conn Officer DOFFs to reduce the Tac Team recharge (you can shave a maximum of ~13 seconds off it) and I'd probably throw in a few Projectile Weapons DOFFs too for additional sustained Damage from the (Quantum) Torpedos.]

It might be worth checking out the Assault Cruiser Refit though. It's pretty much the same ship except with a bit more offensive BOFF layout, and the Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo it comes with works very well for 'Broadsiding' Cruisers.

[ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
Captain
# 4
09-06-2012, 04:23 AM
the engineering team 2 is kind of a waste...since it is your 3rd team ability. maybe an EPtW2 or EPtAUX or aux to dampeners if you want to turn faster.
maybe switch torpedo spread 2 with FAW...i think the overall dmg increase is higher.

to skill sensors is kind of a waste in my opinion...it only increases stealth detection...and thats useless in most circumstances. It doesn't buff fire on my mark or any other sensor debuff abilities...it only increases stealth detection.

and sometimes it is enough to just put 7 or 8 into one skill...not the full 9
as this link clearly shows
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 09-06-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Commander
# 5
09-06-2012, 05:13 AM
Get rid of two copies of Engineering Team. Keep ET1 and replace ET2 with AuxTo:SIF1.

If you want to fly a killer ship replace Extend Shields (not all cruisers need them) with AuxTo:ID2 and AuxTo:SIF3 with Directed Energy Modulation 3.

Also I do not see any point to have 6 pts in starship sensors. Move them to Weapons skills and max them out.

This build is not using any attack patterns so unless you really need additional points just for AP:A you can move the points from Attack Patterns to something more useful.

So - unless something changed in the game in last few months I was away I would not use this build.
Empire Veteran
# 6
09-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Thanks all i must admit had my doubts about it as well (it's not mine by the way) but i am only level 5 so still time to get the hang of things and think about what i want to do in the latter part of the game!

Thanks again, for the advice and tips!