Captain
# 1 Game Mechaninics
09-06-2012, 07:47 AM
I wish someone can explain the game mechanics because stats don't seem to match up with action.

Example: My Nebula Class so called have more shield capacity than my Galaxy Class by defualt because its a science ship in the game, but the Galaxy Class shield last longer and more resistant to damage. My Nebula shield Cap is 14,500 HP and my Galaxy shield Cap is 12,308 HP. The Nebula has Covarient XII CAP and Plasma resistant, while the Galaxy has Covarient Cap 3 with no special resistance.

Explain to me why my Galaxy's 12,308 HP is better than 14,500 HP?
Career Officer
# 2
09-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Unless you're running different abilities, it shouldn't be?

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 3
09-06-2012, 08:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Unless you're running different abilities, it shouldn't be?
Thats what I said. I use Tac 1 and it used up my shields from the Nebula faster than my Galaxy.

Last edited by alexindcobra; 09-06-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Captain
# 4
09-06-2012, 08:31 AM
Thats why I said stats don't make sense from action. What stats should I be paying attention to? What measures, shield strength in this game, because obviously capacity doesn't?
Commander
# 5
09-06-2012, 08:46 AM
capacity does, but a few factors change shield resistances or apparent shield strength.
like does your neb get more aggro than the galaxy (if this is happening when you solo ignore this one)?

do you have shield power set higher on the galaxy? higher shield power = bonus resist besides greater cap.
Career Officer
Starfleet Veteran
# 7
09-06-2012, 08:55 AM
There are also 3 different skill tree items that have different resistances. Hull plating, armor reinforcement and and threat control. The galaxy also have more engineering consoles then the nebula meaning more armor options. Some boff abilities also give different resistance buffs as well. Poweres like aux2sif give an all damage resistance based on aux power and buff tier.

You will also need to look at those numbers in the defence tab of your ship status screen.
Career Officer
# 8
09-06-2012, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdmc View Post
There are also 3 different skill tree items that have different resistances. Hull plating, armor reinforcement and and threat control. Afaik nothing to do with ship shields The galaxy also have more engineering consoles then the nebula meaning more armor options eng armor consoles got nothing to do with ship shields. Some boff abilities also give different resistance buffs as well. Poweres like aux2sif give an all damage resistance based on aux power and buff tier this got nothing to do with ship shields.

You will also need to look at those numbers in the defence tab of your ship status screen.

I agree if ur talking about EPtS and TSS and eng consoles to increase ur shield power level.
Commander
# 9
09-06-2012, 09:18 AM
You run higher Shield power on the Cruiser, so it has higher resists, making that 12k pool last longer than the SV's 14k pool.
Probably the explanation.
Captain
# 10
09-06-2012, 09:23 AM
My Nebula and Galaxy agro about the same. I only gain more agro if i do crowd control abilities. I have similar skill trees for both characters, they are same type captains, Tactical. I'm not talking about the hull and healing, because I know there is a big difference there. I have EPS 3 on both ships.

Galaxy:

Shield cap 12,308 hp
shield power at 77
1 purple field emitter
2 blue field generators (capacity boosting)

Nebula:

Shield cap 14,500 hp
shield power at 75
1 blue field emitter
1 blue field generator(capacity boosting)

Small difference in shield power but should the difference be so drastic in performance?